CES EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR STIVO'S

Silver i expext more from you! with that last commet and i quote"As I've said the system is great and if you want to know how it feels... then buy one! Or you could go and buy a length of stainless, a stainless muffler etc and rub your hands all over it! Feels so smooth,so glossy!"

Get real man.. yeah maybe it is all that as u say.. but the point is you have shown a poor dyno chart with hand written vlaues no torque value etc etc.. and it aint cheap. It being all that is not the point, when you buy something you want as much info as you can get before u jump in and get it. Dont you agree silver or are u a impulse buyer? Anyways mate.. as you know ive been instrested in a exhaust system for sometime.. but i aint gonna jump the gun and get it cause u say its good, i need more facts about it and the best is from someone who installs it and lets me know how it feels and dyno charts etc.

But pls never say "if you want to know how it feels... then buy one!" its cheap.

Cheers, no offence to be taken just my point of view.

Adrian

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also have to remember that Silva is the only one to get one installed as yet (that I know of) so until they start rolling off the production line and are installed on more cars, you just need to be patient.

2 sayings for you:

Patience is a virtue and

Good things come to those who wait.....

Boys if I offened SORRY but I was just haiving a bit of a joke. the main reason that I am not letting to much more out of the bag until the dyno day is due to a moderator of this forum (xt****x) took the pics off the forum and pestered for infinite details about construction of mufflers and resonators so he could then go and get one made himself. A VERY lame gesture on his behalf considering that I thought that a moderator should show a little more common sense when someone spendes their hard earned cash on developing something for our cars and then offers it to benefit everyone else. It's just a low act that he couldn't get off his behind and design it himself but instead rips off someone who is trying to help the majority and not being greedy. As Derryn Hinch would say "shame on you xt****x" for a low act considering that you're supposed to moderate this site for the good of everyone involved but instead got caught up in your own agenda and used your position for your own gain.

So if I have seen to be a bit abrupt with some of you over the last week or so now you know why and I do apologise for my comments if they offended. But please put yourself in my shoes and think about how you'd feel if someone ripped off your hard work?

All pics have been removed etc due to this incident and obviously this is of a disadvantage to everyone involved due to one person's selfish actions. If you have a problem with this take it up with the person who offended and see just what excuse they offer as to why they did it. Obviously didn't think of anyone else.

Anyway the dyno day and show and shine is only a week away and we will post pictures of cars etc and sound clips for those genuinely interested. As i have posted in the past the dyno we are using is the latest and greatest hence some hand written values. We have to work them out out using relevant equipment and please remember that the soul purpose of a dyno is to show if there is a gain and just how much. Other dyno sheets will be posted from other dyno shops showing results for those interested when available.

Good things come to those who wait and what goes around comes around those who can't wait and rip off other peoples ideas.

Feel much better now (haaa big breath!!)

Cheers SILVABULLIT :D

Firstly sorry to influx that you feel that way but please see my predicament from where I'm standing and I'm sure you would be pi**ed as well.

Anyway CES has got the first porduction run finished and they are now available for sale. Anybody in QLD who's interested come to the dyno day on saturday(20th) to see the finished product on and off a car. We will have a display stand with the standard system and the CES system side by side for comparison as well as the system on my car and also Danthuyers car.

So for those who have been patient it's only 4 sleeps away until all will be seen and heard, touched, sniffed, rubbed and whatever else tickles your fancy. So come to CES' workshop and check it out as well as the show and shine that will be happening as well. PM me if you want more details or check out club meets and events for more info.

Judge Judy well yes and as for Colonel Klink and Shultz... I knows nutting..nutting :P they may make an appearance as well.

I have two judges who will in no way be biased towards me and if anything be harder on my car than the rest. Judging guidelines have been drawn up for Saturday and we can also use them for future events as well. A standard car has as much chance of winning a trophy as a modified car. Points aren't awarded for mods or the amount of but more so for the condition of the interior and cleanliness of interior for example. So if you spend the time to clean your car then you have as much of a chance as everyone else to win.

I have also got a variety of prizes for various other categories as well.Thanks to RBT Detailing and Motorsport for sponsoring the trophies and for Autobarn Logan City and JB hi fi Kedron for prizes as well. Last but not least a big thank you to Trevor from CES for opening his workshop up to us and letting us use his facilities for the day. If you come please thank Trevor for his efforts as he really didn't have to open on a Saturday as he normally doesn't.

So stop talking and get cleaning and you may be the one who goes home with the goodies!

Ps Craig sorry there's no category for blaitant abuse of an innocent wall!!

Hey guys and of course ladies(which ever one is suitable)

CES have the prices set for the exhaust system. They are as follows:-

1 cat back system with mild steel flanges(painted), stainless resonator, stainless piping, custom rear stainless muffler, 2 three bolt flange gaskets and revelant bolts and nuts, 1 three bolt flange to be fitted to back of cat and your choice of either a single stainless tip or a dual stainless tip(fitting of tip to be done by installer)

PRICE $960.00

Or all of the above but with stainless flanges tig welded instead of mild steel

PRICE$1060.00

This system is only sold as listed above and will not be sold individually. eg without rear muffler etc. The system is designed as a package and altering it may see a decrease in kw gain as well as a possible increase in noise output making your car illegal.If you have an enquiry contact Brennden at RBT on 0412 559 592 or to order contact CES direct on 07 3200 2333 8am to 4.30pm Mon to Fri. Please only contact Trevor with a legit question as he is extremely busy at this point in time.

Cheers SILVABULLIT. :D

There you go NIKICH. :)

DANTHUYERS A HAPPY BOY NOW HE HAS HIS NEW PIPE!

CHECK IT OUT AND SEE THE RESULTS AT THE DYNO DAY/SHOW AND SHINE.

ONLY 2 SLEEPS TO GO KIDS!

CANCEL YOU PLANS(WHO WANTS TO WORK ANYWAY!) AND COME ALONG FOR A GREAT DAY.

THE MORE CARS WE HAVE TURN UP THE MORE OF A CHANCE WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO HAVE MORE EVENTS LIKE THIS ONE.

SO COME AND HAVE A GREAT DAY AND CHECK OUT THE CES SYSTEM ON AND OFF A CAR AS WELL AS A SUB BOX THAT DOESN'T FILL YOUR BOOT. DAVE FROM JB HI FI HAS DESIGNED A SUB BOX FOR THE BOOT OF A ROLLA THAT IS A CUSTOM FIT AND GIVES YOU PLENTY OF USABLE BOOT SPACE. DON'T FORGET IF YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR CAR ON THE DYNO LET ME KNOW AS THERE IS STILL A COUPLE OF SPOTS LEFT.

COME ONE COME ALL AND LETS MAKE THIS A GREAT EVENT.

ANY OTHER INFO PM ME

CHEERS SILVABULLIT :D

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, Trevor at CES fittied the Custom Exhaust yesterday.

The Verdict?

Absolutely fekin wonderful. The note it produces is beautiful. It is not at all droony. It is not loud. It doesnt overrun the intake noise in lift :D

The feel on my car is different to Brendens (due to my other mods) so there isnt a really good comparison there.

I do currently have figures but I am unwilling to post them atm due to past incidents and comments.

HOWEVER! I will be taking it to my Dyno Shop ASAP this coming week to add it to my many dyno runs at that shop.

I have video footage also for imek and others. I will be editing this and distributing copies very shortly. Alternativley. Could someone please host it for me so everyone can get to it???

Wow!

I'm so happy for ya.

Especially you say - no droning and not too loud. Cant wait for the footage.

Is the difference significant? Can you PM me the current figures, esp. torque?

Thanks.

PS.

Already have money stacked for this beauty. :)

What....... not gonna post your figures? Well thats up to you my friend sounds childish if you ask me.

Well due to doubt over brendens initial figures with 'hand written' results etc. etc. on the bosch system. I thought it would be wiser to wait untill it was placed on a Dyno Dynamics machine in shootoutmode to dispel any arguments disbeliefs etc.

Wouldn't you agree??????

I dont think its childish at all ?...or you you rather go through the whole 'DYNO' debate again for the 16th time????

I am trying to please the masses :(

Edited by Danthuyer

I see nothing wrong with the Dyno that Brendon posted, the values that are written can be read straight off the scale to the left of the graph, if people cannot read a graph to confirm this for themselves, that's their own problem. Unfortunately today people theink things have to be digital for them to be good, but still the most accurate readings are still by analogue means, at the end of the day it all comes down to the calibration of the instrument anyway!!!!

Here here blue sportivo my friend :D Trevor's dyno is quite accurate and in some terms better than the latest as the figures can't be "tampered with". You can't adjust the amount of drag on the rollers and change settings etc as you can with a dyno dynamics dyno. I've back to back tested on Trevor's dyno and then on a dyno dynamics dyno and the difference is exactly 2kw. no 2 dynos ever read the same so this shows that albeit the bosch dyno is a little old it still reads pretty accurate. OK some of you will whinge about there's no torque curve but that about all it doesn't show. It tells you that you've made a gain and where in the rev range so is that not important enough? As i've said before other testing will be done on a more up to date dyno when time and money allows. Craig will go to FIST and get a run done there as that's where he has done all his testing. Anyway tomorrow is another day... DYNO DAY!!!!! Only one more sleep!!!!