CES exhaust question

joeyee

HI Guys,

I have recently installed my CES system.

What I find is the tip (perhaps the muffler) is not sitting straight (aligned) with the bumper. It tends to lean on a downward angle.

Is this true? The guy from sabbabin automotive in melb (CES fitter) claims the stock mufflers are like that, but I dont think so.

Can anyone post some pictures for me so I can refer this to the guy and get him to refit it.?

Make sure the muffler is sitting on the mounts straight and not crooked. The tips do angle down ever so slightly so as to give enough clearance to avoid heat damage to the rear bar.

• 4 weeks later...

Rather than starting a whole new thread I just searched CES exhaust and I am posting this question in the first thread that came up, so sorry for bumping and old thread.

Micky was saying that the CES exhaust is only special because of the muffler, so I was thinking of maybe ringing up and seeing if they would sell just the muffler alone and get the pipe work done down here to try save a few bob....

Does anyone know if they will do this?? I am going to ring tommorow either way, but a heads up would be cool.

Sorry if this has been covered before also....

They only sell the system complete as a whole package as it is all designed to work together. Many have tried to copy this system but nobody to my knowledge has yielded the results power wise with passing noise emissions levels. Some got reasonable gains but the system was loud and unbearable.

If your on a budget and want a CES system either save up for it or be really really quick in the buy and sell section for a second hand system.