INJEN hydroshield

JAZE55

Jeeebus! get one from Ebay, i just priced one at injenonline.com US$27 and they wanted US$85 just for shipping via UPS (no other shipping method given), Thats just highway robbery!! Over AU$125 for the thing landed!! OMG :blink::huh: I know UPS isnt cheap, but there is no way it would cost that much.

#X1033 hydroshield is for the ZRE CAI

Edited by dutchie101

Jeeebus! get one from Ebay, i just priced one at injenonline.com US$27 and they wanted US$85 just for shipping via UPS (no other shipping method given), Thats just highway robbery!! Over AU$125 for the thing landed!! OMG :blink::huh: I know UPS isnt cheap, but there is no way it would cost that much.

#X1033 hydroshield is for the ZRE CAI

Dutchie, the K&N Wrap is comes in a bag thats half the size of a wallet. i cant see how it could be more than $20 or so to post by its self.

I get all of my gear from Summit racing in the US, their freight is allways reasonable.

www.summitracing.com

See how you go there.

Me and shinobi are pending our Injen Cai installs.. dont know whether to get the hydroshields first or just install it now. Its not like we'll be driving through rivers, but winter is coming.. and melb has been famous for floods as of late. :blink:

dutchie u got ur cai in ur car now? any pics was it easy to install? i just recieved mine yesterday and the pod looks huge. how does the pod fit?

cheers.

if you have foggies the pod sits right on top on the foggie and gives it a firm fit...if you dont have foggies it will most definately move around, as the bracket on the elbow dosent fit our cars

dutchie u got ur cai in ur car now? any pics was it easy to install? i just recieved mine yesterday and the pod looks huge. how does the pod fit?

cheers.

if you have foggies the pod sits right on top on the foggie and gives it a firm fit...if you dont have foggies it will most definately move around, as the bracket on the elbow dosent fit our cars

Thanks charlie. So wat do you say tom? Lets just install it!

cheers.

Thanks charlie. So wat do you say tom? Lets just install it!

also the front bar will need to come off and i would also recommend taking out the battery aswell...makes it just a bit easier to get your hands around, if you were keen to wait i think im heading down there in 2 weeks with the mrs....lol while she shops i'll help you guys install...that's if we do decide to head down there

Charlie, so the top mount fits ok? is it just the bottom mount thats in the wrong position? Can a bracket be easily fabricated up to suit? I would rather make another mounting point if possible..

Also you mentioned shortening the silicone pipe?

Charlie, so the top mount fits ok? is it just the bottom mount thats in the wrong position? Can a bracket be easily fabricated up to suit? I would rather make another mounting point if possible..

Also you mentioned shortening the silicone pipe?

top mount perfect fit, bottom mount needs to be modified if you want it to fit, i only shortened the silicone tube because i didnt have enough time ti fabricate a new bracket for the elbow, so i shortened the tube for a more firm fit so it dosent move around as much, also to stop it from pushing down onto the foglight, as it was pushing down on my foglight when i installed mine

:D it happens when there is nothing else to do....hey Pete you still have a set of taillights for me? if so might be keen in 2 weeks

I know what you mean, im just trying to avoid my work here at home! <_< Yep mang, 2 pair left. Hit me up with a pm when your ready. B)

I have an Injen Hydroshield, and it works just fine. Any water just beads off. As far as I can feel, it doesn't harm your performance in any noticeable way. Look up JDMyard in Revesby (NSW). They are the Australian distributor for Injen. I think mine was $40 or so.. It's a perfect fit for my aFe Pro Dry-S filter, nice and tight.

It's not 100% necessary, really depends on the placement of your filter. In the Yaris, water seeps in especially when you wash your car with a high pressure hose.

Edited by Kenneth.