stolen side skirts :(

Chris D

holy ****...

how could that happen without anyone noticing?! :blink:

did you have an alarm system?

hope you covered with insurance.

Nope no alarm fitted, had purchased a system the day before and was getting it fitted on the Monday.

and amazingly no one noticed a thing :unsure::blink:

luckily I was insured with NRMA :yahoo:

Side skirts themselves would be worth more than $500 unpainted...

$125 each unpainted (in Bisbane anyway)

Result of parking at Westfield Chermside at 2pm on a Saturday arvo to watch a movie. Was gone for less then 2 hours. :(

That sucks what happened, Similar thing happened in my last car. I parked in a proper car park, you know cameras and so forth, gets broken into (and all the cars around me) and I find out that all the cameras are dummys and they still wanted to charge me parking. I politely* informed them I wasn't paying and never been back since. And all that occured while I was watching a movie in the CBD. Had to be an inside job <_<

Thats about 15mins work.

(*profanities left out)

holy ****...

Nope no alarm fitted, had purchased a system the day before and was getting it fitted on the Monday.

Damn, that's atrocious dude, very sorry for your loss, I hate thieving bastards with a passion.

What's happened to the wreck? was it written off?

Obviously targetted the seats, sideskirts, amps and whatever was in the glovebox (PS2?) and not professionals because the steering wheel is still there.

they took the farkin gearknob(unless you removed it yourself)!!! pricks man, i seriously hate thieves sooooooooooo much..i'm getting so worried about my car now :( and especially my seats too!!!

Did they also key it??? and the wheels, did you have rims and they were stolen, or are they your steelies?

im so angry, im going green hahaha

holy ****...

Damn, that's atrocious dude, very sorry for your loss, I hate thieving bastards with a passion.

What's happened to the wreck? was it written off?

Obviously targetted the seats, sideskirts, amps and whatever was in the glovebox (PS2?) and not professionals because the steering wheel is still there.

The insurance company (NRMA) wrote it off as a repairable write off. In the process of scrounging all the parts together to repair it... Hopefully be back on the road for Christmas. :yahoo: The only part I am having trouble with is the 6 stacker, i never used it before and don't know where it was situated... any pics/ info from you guys would help greatly. :help:

or its not a busy section of carpark

Was parked right outside the lvl 3 entrance of Myers... roughly 10-50 people per minute use that entrance at that time of day. :huh:

they took the farkin gearknob(unless you removed it yourself)!!! pricks man, i seriously hate thieves sooooooooooo much..i'm getting so worried about my car now :( and especially my seats too!!!

Did they also key it??? and the wheels, did you have rims and they were stolen, or are they your steelies?

im so angry, im going green hahaha

They got away with the 2 front seats, Glovebox (With Sevice books and video Camera inside), 6 Stacker, Side Skirts, 4x "CSA Speed" Alloy wheels & Gear knob. They also tryed removing the front Spoiler, though didn't succeed... They gained entry by smashing the drivers side window, also keyed the passenger rear quarter panel (fuel cap) and while removing the seats smashed the Climate Control Panel and Radio. :angry:

i'm with the nrma so hopefully it should be fine....

I am so sorry to hear about your Side Skirts Chris... How is it all going? Have you decided whether your going to claim it on insurance yet?

btw if u have a sportivo don't park it at westfields "mt druitt" or any shopping centre for extended periods of time

Agreed x ∞

Edited by fullysikstivo

dude, the 6 stacker is in the dash headunit in the corolla. If they stole the 6 stacker, they stole your headunit... which they obviously didn't because I can still see it there.

yep~ i was a little confused reading that msg

but its bad enough!!!!!

dude, the 6 stacker is in the dash headunit in the corolla. If they stole the 6 stacker, they stole your headunit... which they obviously didn't because I can still see it there.

:whistling: OK.... as i said i never used it beforehand and all the books for the car were taken at the same time.

wow looking at your pics makes me feel lucky :( and thats so wrong how we can't park our cars anywhere anymore

I ended up buying new sportivo side skirts from toyota

i haven't gotten them painted yet though so can any1 recommend a cheap/decent spray place to get them done in the blacktown/mt druitt area ??