A Few Pics

Does any one know how much is the HID in Sydney??  :blink:

Btw, I'd heard that...the HID is too high in temperature....that the light cover...can't resist the temperature and melt if after long working hour~!!!! :o

mate, where did u hear that from?!!?!?!?!!?

Taken from the FAQ of a reputable HID Kit brand's website

2. Will the HID burn out or melt the lenses of the headlights if it’s plastic?

Though HID lights are brighter than normal bulbs, the myth of it being hotter is in actual fact wrong. The advantage of a HID light is that it has lower power consumption. A 35 Watt H.I.D. light produces up to 3 times the lumens at the light source when compared to a 55 Watt halogen bulb and 5 times the lumens of a 100 Watt incandescent lamp.

Therefore, the XENON HID system will draw less power from your vehicle’s electrical system, thus resulting in it being cooler than normal bulbs as they use less energy.

The light source of a HID light produces a blue-white light that is safer because it is closer to natural daylight. The color temperature is approximately 5000 K compared to 2300 K for halogen. Thus HID lights are actually cooler than normal bulbs

Edited by MAP81

Taken from the FAQ of a reputable HID Kit brand's website
2. Will the HID burn out or melt the lenses of the headlights if it’s plastic?

Though HID lights are brighter than normal bulbs, the myth of it being hotter is in actual fact wrong. The advantage of a HID light is that it has lower power consumption. A 35 Watt H.I.D. light produces up to 3 times the lumens at the light source when compared to a 55 Watt halogen bulb and 5 times the lumens of a 100 Watt incandescent lamp.

Therefore, the XENON HID system will draw less power from your vehicle’s electrical system, thus resulting in it being cooler than normal bulbs as they use less energy.

The light source of a HID light produces a blue-white light that is safer because it is closer to natural daylight. The color temperature is approximately 5000 K compared to 2300 K for halogen. Thus HID lights are actually cooler than normal bulbs

That was a GOOD quote...~~.......I just heard from..one of my friend........

I was cheated too~~ :angry:

haha....anyway........if I dun raise this point.....I would keep misunderstanding the HID~~~ haha

However, I still got a question "the colour temperature of HID is about 5000k while the normal bulb is about 2300k, the how come the HID is still COOLER than the normal????"

However, I still got a question "the colour temperature of HID is about 5000k while the normal bulb is about 2300k, the how come the HID is still COOLER than the normal????"

This might explain it....

What about HID's color?

The color of the light source is expressed as its color temperature. As the color temperature increases, the color of the light moves from yellow to white to blue-white. HID headlights provide light at a higher color temperature than standard halogen headlights, which gives them a crisp white appearance. More K does not mean it is brighter. These 8000K lamps provide a very white/blue color.

so basically from that I read it as when they say temp, they mean the colour of the light, not temp as in degrees celsius etc. :D

Edited by MAP81