what do you use ???????

wishbone

hey sorry abt this post...i just dunno where it belongs... :unsure: ...my question is wat wax/polish do u guys use/ recommend for a new car..and how often are u supposed to wax/polish a new car...this car does alot of Ks on country roads every weekend and it gets alot of bugs and stone chips and lets not mention heaps of country dirt :D u gotta luv tht stuff makes the car look like a true blue aussie machine..lol......and does anyone know where i can get a car bra for a toyota camry 2005 altise...i live in the sydney area...

Cheers!!

found the right section but did no good on changeing the topic title.

but anyways i know we use the meguires nxt generation wax. but i think meguires have a new one thats just as *** if not even better.

look through this section u might get a broad range of answers.

found the right section but did no good on changeing the topic title.

but anyways i know we use the meguires nxt generation wax. but i think meguires have a new one thats just as good if not even better.

look through this section u might get a broad range of answers.

lol thnx M..i never seen this part of the forum....i have never scrolled down this far before....sorry!

thanks guys meguires nxt generation wax it is...but there seems to be 2 types ones a paste others a liquid which one works better??? and how often shld i be waxing??

thanks alot!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi wishbone,

if i were you, i wouldnt just wash and wax. waxing after washing your car will...well...create quite a bit of scratches and swirls. because your car is on a country driving area, i would recommend:

1.wash

2.dry with chamois to prevent water stain-age

3.clay the car with a clay bar. usually purchase them claybar kits. this stage is important to you as you are removing all that dirt and bonded contaminants from your paint surface. esp in country areas, examples are: road tar, road film, bug stains, tree sap, paint overspray, mud, hard dirt, bird poo, plant gel and so on. basically anything that is on your paint and you cant remove SAFELY with washing and drying.

4. dependant on what colour your car is, if its a dark coloured car, you can chose to polish it to create a richer, deeper gloss. polish as nothing to do with paint protection. it just creates a higher gloss. nothing more. stay away from products that are polishes, but say that protect your paint.

5. wax.

what brands would i recommend?

meguiar's, eagle one, zaino, autoglym, sonax. all of these brands follow the 5 step cleaning system.

cheers. hope u enjoy your new car.

hi wishbone,

if i were you, i wouldnt just wash and wax. waxing after washing your car will...well...create quite a bit of scratches and swirls. because your car is on a country driving area, i would recommend:

1.wash

2.dry with chamois to prevent water stain-age

3.clay the car with a clay bar. usually purchase them claybar kits. this stage is important to you as you are removing all that dirt and bonded contaminants from your paint surface. esp in country areas, examples are: road tar, road film, bug stains, tree sap, paint overspray, mud, hard dirt, bird poo, plant gel and so on. basically anything that is on your paint and you cant remove SAFELY with washing and drying.

4. dependant on what colour your car is, if its a dark coloured car, you can chose to polish it to create a richer, deeper gloss. polish as nothing to do with paint protection. it just creates a higher gloss. nothing more. stay away from products that are polishes, but say that protect your paint.

5. wax.

what brands would i recommend?

meguiar's, eagle one, zaino, autoglym, sonax. all of these brands follow the 5 step cleaning system.

cheers. hope u enjoy your new car.

ta mate...that was well written...i do the whole chamois dry thing then jst use wax...its my old mans car...im just taking care of it coz he doesnt have the time to...and YES its freakin annoying...im just trying to keep the paint in good nick coz i think he will be selling it soon...so we want to get a good price on it...its a light coloured car..bt thanks newyz dude...ill get the meguiars wax for sure...every1 seems to rave abt it!!