Apexi power filter

JiN...

hi all...

jst wondering if any1 has an Apexi power filter? cos i am looking at getting 1.

the big ***** trd pod filter is huge and its rubbing against the bumper bar.

i also would like to know if i will be needing a universal adaptor for it to fit the

trd cai?

thanks...

p.s

happy new year every1!! :yahoo::clap:

Edited by JiN...

ive got one on my car but thats with my custom setup ..... on the TRD CAI i think u might run out of room as u will need to attach the apexi adaptor to the filter as seen in the pic below then have a bend as i think a straight would run the filter into the foggie to bend the filter back towards the wheel arch ..... this is exactly what i had with my ITG .... a silicone bend hacked up to 45 the filter towards the rear of the car ..... it might fit with the apexi as it is a small filter but as indicated the k&n's and the drift seems to be what people are going with and this could be an expensive exercise just to prove it might not fit.

apexiadapter.JPG

You'll have some fitment issues, well thats what I encountered anyway. With the K&N, not sure about the drift filter, it fits quite easily in comparison. Unless your chasing every single last kw, there is not much of a point trying to find out which one performs best, not much between them anyway. This is on the CES CAI, I think most CAI are similiar.

If you ask me how they sound, thats a totally different story. The K&N filter sings and has a slightly higher pitched induction noise, and the apexi just roars and is louder in general (IMO sounds better).

anyone got the part no. for the corolla??

mate i dont think they make one specific to the rolla ...... i know some cars have specific ones for them and i think they make a universal one u just need to know how big u want the opening in the filter that its going to attach to ..... because ive altered my setup with my piping and MAF sensor i think im using the 300zx one but thats because all my piping and its fitting is custom. Can anyone else comment ?

anyone got the part no. for the corolla??

mate i dont think they make one specific to the rolla ...... i know some cars have specific ones for them and i think they make a universal one u just need to know how big u want the opening in the filter that its going to attach to ..... because ive altered my setup with my piping and MAF sensor i think im using the 300zx one but thats because all my piping and its fitting is custom. Can anyone else comment ?

most of the filters ive seen come in different types/part numbers based on the diameter of the neck.

So just find the one thats either 2.75" or 3"

ah really i thought they did make one for the corolla.. im useing the stock intake pipe for now so just wanted it to fit that..

thanks guys would be the 70mm one..

Edited by $ANGELO$

• 2 months later...