Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just bought a 2WD KXR 7 seat for 44k driveaway with mats and mud guards. I probably could have haggled them down another 1 or 2 k, but couldnt be assed to be honest. I like how after I signed, they passed me on to some customer service chick who proceeds to survey me on the companies 'quality' out of 10 etc. AFTER thats done, she tries to ram the 'car care' package down my throat. 2k for paint protection?? WTF! There must be a huge demand for these cars, delivery takes ages.

They pulled the old "Now that we know you want a Kluger you can have blue or sage in December" so I told them that's no problem, I can have a captiva now and wouldn't wait. Miraculously they found a Silver one within 2 weeks.

Picked it up a week and a half ago, I'm so happy it's not funny. Family loves it, wifey loves it, just quietly I love it.

Even set my blackberry up through the AUX plug on the stereo for music and faux handsfree :)

They pulled the old "Now that we know you want a Kluger you can have blue or sage in December" so I told them that's no problem, I can have a captiva now and wouldn't wait. Miraculously they found a Silver one within 2 weeks.

Picked it up a week and a half ago, I'm so happy it's not funny. Family loves it, wifey loves it, just quietly I love it.

Even set my blackberry up through the AUX plug on the stereo for music and faux handsfree :)

Mum is looking at a Kx-r AWD for 48,900 drive away, just including car mats.

Good deal?

Good deal?

5 or 7 seats?

Good deal?

5 or 7 seats?

7 seats.

Good deal?

5 or 7 seats?

7 seats.

They told me it was $4000 for awd, look that salesperon in the eye and ask him "What's the cheapest that one of these has been sold for here?" Don't break eye contact and never accept that THIS is their cheapest price. Or do what I did and go through a buying group and get fleet price, you'll likely save a couple grand. genuine floor mats are $150 by the way.

it was 2008 bought jan 2009. I still don't think its worth $5k premium to buy same year model which won't matter in 3-5 years if you sell. Wait until Dec or end of month when they're desperate. I wouldn't pay more than 45k AWD KXR 7 seats.

mate, knowing how it works... if i was the Sales Manager i'd do anything to clear an 08 plate, to a customer in 09.

it does make a difference... its no wonder you got a big discount. Its all about maximum return for retail space. Old cars, take up space for new cars, that can turn a higher price.... simple as that.

anyone looking at 09 plate cars.. in 09... will need to expect to pay a higher price, of course we can discount to a certain degree, but it all comes down to the deal you do on the day. One thing people seem to forget is that car salesmen, like myself.. are here to get you the best deal possible on any given day, ultimately its up to our sales managers who can say yes or no to an offer.

mate, knowing how it works... if i was the Sales Manager i'd do anything to clear an 08 plate, to a customer in 09.

it does make a difference... its no wonder you got a big discount. Its all about maximum return for retail space. Old cars, take up space for new cars, that can turn a higher price.... simple as that.

anyone looking at 09 plate cars.. in 09... will need to expect to pay a higher price, of course we can discount to a certain degree, but it all comes down to the deal you do on the day. One thing people seem to forget is that car salesmen, like myself.. are here to get you the best deal possible on any given day, ultimately its up to our sales managers who can say yes or no to an offer.

That was $48,900 drive-away, no more to pay. 09 model kxr awd 7 seat. Doesnt sound too bad.

That was $48,900 drive-away, no more to pay. 09 model kxr awd 7 seat. Doesnt sound too bad.

Take $5K off that price and that doesn't sound bad (for a KX-R 7-str without any extras).

As per my post earlier, I very recently negotiated $46.5K for a 2009 KX-R 7-seater inc. nudge bar, sidesteps, tow bar, mats, front & rear sensors....so $48.9K seems VERY high.

Note: this was for brand new stock (which I'm still awaiting delivery for)...not for a car that has been sitting in the lot taking up space.

Edited by Dave L

I paid 41.8K-driveaway for a 09-Kx-r 7 seats,2WD couple of months ago, including mud flaps, car mats, rear cargo mat (very handy), this was in melb, not on toyo finance(could not come even close to rates or fees offered by credit union) or fleet, was offered retail price, told them will pay 41.5k(lowest price I could find on this forum) max for this car with extras because others have got it at this price, went to 2 dealers with this price, first dealer could not do it , the second one agreed, done deal, shop around if you are not satisfied, if one dealer can sell the car for a price I am sure there would be others who can do it as well.

Take $5K off that price and that doesn't sound bad (for a KX-R 7-str without any extras).

As per my post earlier, I very recently negotiated $46.5K for a 2009 KX-R 7-seater inc. nudge bar, sidesteps, tow bar, mats, front & rear sensors....so $48.9K seems VERY high.

Note: this was for brand new stock (which I'm still awaiting delivery for)...not for a car that has been sitting in the lot taking up space.

Is yours a 2WD? Remeber, the one I'm talking about is AWD, which would add 4,500 rrp.

Is yours a 2WD? Remeber, the one I'm talking about is AWD, which would add 4,500 rrp.

Whoops...sorry I missed reading that part in your post. Mine was 2WD....so $48 would be about right....though you should be able to get it a little cheaper (especially being so close to the end of the year).

buy a dec09 model in jan'10 and save 5k. For the price ur quoting 49k you might as well get an altitude or kxs.

I don't believe there are any Altitude models available anymore.....and the price of an AWD KX-S will be alot more than $49K (even discounted)...IMO :)