08 M3 vs 08 C63 AMG vs RS4

CORZZA

I really do like the idea of the merc, they are on the up again since the daimler chrysler partnership ended a yr or so ago (thank g*d!). Give them time and they will rival the M series...

But..............

RS4 for me

Why bother with more bhp though? It's not exactly a slow car....

The whole point of the RS 4 is that its a luxury saloon, with the ability to play hardball if and when the driver chooses. Sure bhp is impressive, but put a more powerful engine in that car and does that mean those country roads are going to be taken any faster? Probably not. A corner can only be taken so fast, and I really doubt that the current RS 4 in question is being hindered in that dept at all because it 'only' has the 4.2 V8...

Same goes for the new R8 (drool)... idiots everywhere, including various magazines, are saying don't bother signing up for the waiting list because they are going to release a V10 (and a rumoured V12 Diesel model) version. Come off it!!! The RS 4 is already an impressive car, and then they stick that engine into the R8 - something with half the weight! Doesn't more power become simply academic? Is the V10 really going to knock a whole second off the 0-100 time?? Does that really justify the extra fuel consumption just because, on paper, you have 2 more cylinders with another 50-100bhp? Are you really going to use all that power (when you probably won't even ever harness the full potential of the current model)??

HELL NO!!!

V10 will be released! and yes if you want to play with the big boys Ferrari, Lamborghini , maserati etc well then you have to bump up the bhp.

But for the average city driver the V8s are more than Sufficient.

Can't really view the YouTube clips at work, but from what I have read through articles I would go thhe Merc. I think that if the handling of the Merc was up to par with the M series then it would be a better choice, however both the BMW and the Merc have their pro's and con's...

Between the two I would go the Merc.