Helllllp

hi & welcome to the forum.

can u define "tune it up" ?

by that what i mean is are you wanting things more in the looks department or go fast bits department ?

I have just got my first car for my birthday, an 05 Toyota Corolla Sport. I want to tune it up a bit and really don't know where to begin.. or what I am doing. Would appreciate some help with some technical stuff.. made simple. Thanks anyway =]

another WA member i see welcome :yahoo:

check out the members ride section, will give you some good ideas on what is available..

I have just got my first car for my birthday, an 05 Toyota Corolla Sport. I want to tune it up a bit and really don't know where to begin.. or what I am doing. Would appreciate some help with some technical stuff.. made simple. Thanks anyway =]

do u mean sportivo or ascent sport? cause the 2 are very different.

do u mean sportivo or ascent sport? cause the 2 are very different.

ascent sport, sorry.

I want to tune it up as in go faster.. not bothered with the outside at the moment

TRD supercharger will help it along nicely, but isn't the cheapest item. If you can withstand a bumpy ride, go with coilovers for more mid cornering grip. Otherwise there are cheaper bits like exhaust, cold air intake (CAI) and the Power FC (ECU) or other piggyback ECU's.

Edited by SuperDave

Isn't the 05 models DBW, thus the PFC will not work??

I would like to also ask, how much are you planning to spend??

I think start off with the basics such as a CAI, catback 2.25" exhaust and a rear sway bar while your at it...

Most of this stuff has been covered before, you just need to search for it.

Isn't the 05 models DBW, thus the PFC will not work??

I would like to also ask, how much are you planning to spend??

I think start off with the basics such as a CAI, catback 2.25" exhaust and a rear sway bar while your at it...

Most of this stuff has been covered before, you just need to search for it.

I would like to keep it at under 5k.. it that's possible

Sorry if some of you are repeating yourselves.. I'm still finding my way around the site

Sorry if some of you are repeating yourselves.. I'm still finding my way around the site

5k, you prob should of just bought a Sportivo from the start.

Will give you more stock then what an ascent will give you with 5ks worth of work done to it

5k, you prob should of just bought a Sportivo from the start.

Will give you more stock then what an ascent will give you with 5ks worth of work done to it

Oh.. so I won't get any DECENT work done with 5k? What's an averege budget..

I was looking for a Sportivo at one stage, but I gave up because I just could not find any. Only one I found had done about 150,000kms. Popular car I guess.

These Corollas aren't rocketships by any means (except for Xoom's).

Having said that, I think you would be stoked with the sounds of your car if you added a nice CAI and full exhaust setup, maybe a piggyback ECU if possible.

Another thing, auto or manual? Auto's are famously slow.

Having said that, I think you would be stoked with the sounds of your car if you added a nice CAI and full exhaust setup, maybe a piggyback ECU if possible.

Haha it's a manual.

Cheers, I'll ask around

Or save your money for now and simply don't bother. I like the Sportivo as an example. I love it to bits. I want to hold on to it forever, but realistically I think I'm going to have to come to terms with parting ways with it sooner or later.

If I wanted the sportivo to go fast I'd supercharge it.

I know when to quit with mods though. If I wanted an all-round awesome performer for a road / track car I'd be getting an S15 Silvia.

If I wanted a project car to fully restore and do up, I'd be getting an AE86 or an R32GTR.

with 5gs i dont think u can get tht much power....well if ur lucky u can get a turbo set up done...bt thts if ur really lucky...if i was u...i would do the basics...like wat tayles said....look at ur air intake and ur exhaust....and perhaps a ECU...def do air intake and exhaust coz those 2 will be the cheapest to do....

yep i agree with your 5k and a bit left over get the whole exhaust done, the intake (cai) maybe a cam upgarde and the piggy back ecu.. you will get a nice little gain and be pretty happy i think..

yep i agree with your 5k and a bit left over get the whole exhaust done, the intake (cai) maybe a cam upgarde and the piggy back ecu.. you will get a nice little gain and be pretty happy i think..

Agreed,Ive got the older of the rollas & 5K under ive spent is well spent,If u need any names & contacts for your upgrades give us a buzzAll mine are SOR,but i have NOR contacts as well??

Agreed,Ive got the older of the rollas & 5K under ive spent is well spent,If u need any names & contacts for your upgrades give us a buzzAll mine are SOR,but i have NOR contacts as well??

Oh yes please! =]

Looks like I'll be working on the sound for now..