PHONE/GPS mounting positions + uptodate maps

gday, just wondering where the rest of you prefer to mount your gps units?

i just got a nokia 6110 navigator and i cant think of a decent place to put it so its visable, yet out of the way of everything else.

also,

the gps maps in my nokia is a 2006 version. how do you get the latest version into this phone?

congrats on purchasing the navigator, but seriously since when do NOKIA start making maps..... I think the only way to upgrade is to pay.

just be careful when using the incar charger thru the cigarette plug (their not designed for charging), worse thing that can happen is blow out a fuse (happened to me once).

i didnt really purchase it.. the nokia 6110 navigator came free when i upgraded my plan with optus!

it works a treat though!

nokia dont actually make the maps, they got someone else to make the software... i guess i gotta buy an upgrade if its available from the software company...

its "route 66" apparently... they got maps all over the world apparently...

EDIT:

just found out it costs $169.99 US to upgrade?! sucks...

route 66 gps

Edited by JJCRU23R

i didnt really purchase it.. the nokia 6110 navigator came free when i upgraded my plan with optus!

it works a treat though!

nokia dont actually make the maps, they got someone else to make the software... i guess i gotta buy an upgrade if its available from the software company...

its "route 66" apparently... they got maps all over the world apparently...

EDIT:

just found out it costs $169.99 US to upgrade?! sucks...

route 66 gps

i have the nokia 6110 navigator

GPS is hard to understand sumtyms

the only maps i can get r the 2006 ones n still it dont have some things in it that i want

i mount it on the left hand side of the steering wheel, only because i drive the surf around, but if i was in the corolla it would be in the right hide corner at the bottem

im not a big fan of navigators...i reckon they suck and r unreliable....mate had one...and we were going up to brissy and was trying to get to a motel for the night...he thought he would use the navigator to get there and i used the old skool way (the good ol' UBD map)...i got there before him coz his GPS system took him another way and obvisiously it took him the longer way.....lol thts just my experience....and they r very expensive too...it lures more theives into ur car

Edited by wishbone

yea thats kinda true - my gps does tell me to go the long way round when i tried it going to my parents house or work, but if i do decide to stray off the GPS's directions, it automatically changes its instructions to suit.

since the gps is in my mobile, i can take the plunger phone holder off the windscreen and not worry bout theft like that.