People with C-One Wing Tips

Hi..just wanna know how much you guys got your wing tips painted and fitted?

I got quoted to paint + install my spoiler and wing tips for $495 and another for $440..

Would also like to know if they are any issues with the wing tips on?

The guy i went to see told me that the gap between the wing tip and the spoiler will look shocking..

He also said that it will scratch the side of my car when i pop up my boot..

He said that the gap between the wing tip and spoiler will make it whistle when i drive..i dont want a whistling spoiler =_=

Is your wing tips a perfect fit?? Or is it angled abit or whatever?? Pls do let me know :)

Do you guys also have any issue with popping up the boot n stuff??

Tqs :)

J e r e M y

Edited by J e r e M y

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy i went to see told me that the gap between the wing tip and the spoiler will look shocking..

He also said that it will scratch the side of my car when i pop up my boot..

I don't have them, but I know Northy's look fine. Maybe he doesn't know how they should fit, and is charging you a high price because he doesn't want to do it.

Also, you should have pointed out that the rear spoiler is attached to the hatch, so I doubt it is going to scratch up your car.

ive had no issues with it, no noises or scratches. If im right i got my Wingtips + Toyota rear kit painted and whole cut for exhaust + installed for under $150 in Sydney. So go somewhere else.

Edited by Rolla_Boy

The quotes you're getting a ridiculously expensive.

I got my wingtips, grille, eyelids painted and fitted for $250 and that may still be a little high.. I probably would've got it cheaper if i went around looking for more quotes too.

The panel beater is talking nonsense.. i don't see how it will make a whistling noise and scratch the side of your car when you open your boot. My guess is his never dealt with the wingtips before and has no idea how to fit them. You can actually fit them on yourself, it's quite easy. All you need is a drill and screw driver.

Hope that helps!

THanks so much guys :D i shall go look for more..alot of the panel beaters i go to dont put on spoilers..they keep pushing me to other shops.. If you guys dont mind..can you guys post up some pics of them and how they are installed , how are they positioned etc..

:) tqs so much :toast:

The joys of having an uncle as a panel beater...

I aint paid a cent yet :P

and mates mates :yahoo: :yahoo:

mines almost done

:clap:

DSC00336.jpg

what are you doing there ? :D

mind to tell me how n what ur doin? :P

Im thinking to DIY it..

sorry im not the one doing it my mates cousin is doing it for me so i wouldn't know where to start the DIY

here a close up

DSC00335.jpg

The joys of having an uncle as a panel beater...

I aint paid a cent yet :P

and mates mates :yahoo: :yahoo:

mines almost done

:clap:

DSC00336.jpg

what are you doing there ? :D

mind to tell me how n what ur doin? :P

Im thinking to DIY it..

sorry im not the one doing it my mates cousin is doing it for me so i wouldn't know where to start the DIY

here a close up

DSC00335.jpg

Looks like he cut out the part where the wing tips extend over to the spoiler and just stuck the wing tips there..haha..i have no idea..just guessing from what i see.. :( i might give it a thought..will u ask him abit about it ? :P ask him to explain abit :D hehe tqs

deifnately charging you an arm and a leg to put them on....

look around for a better price...

i did mine myself... removed the spoiler.... llined the wing tips up... li bit of silicone and screwed them on...

once i get a cam ill show you ... not the best job but good enough for me...

Moulding wingtips onto the spoiler, hrrrm thats an idea.

With my tips they fit perfectly, no gaps or whistling sounds. As long as you have the Toyota spoiler and fit it properly you should have no problems at all.

Ive forgotten how much it was to put mine on but it wasnt that much. Shop around your bound to find a better deal.

jeremy mate if your not a DIY guy then just keep shopping around for a cheaper price. but i would definately tell you to give it a go yourself. although the painting i would get someone proffesional to do it. give it a go. dont rush yourself. i have never done wing tips but i would imaine it wouldnt be that hard. it is alot of fun to see the progress you make everyday. this will also give you the oppurtunity to bond closer with the car. haha