People with C-One Wing Tips

jeremy mate if your not a DIY guy then just keep shopping around for a cheaper price. but i would definately tell you to give it a go yourself. although the painting i would get someone proffesional to do it. give it a go. dont rush yourself. i have never done wing tips but i would imaine it wouldnt be that hard. it is alot of fun to see the progress you make everyday. this will also give you the oppurtunity to bond closer with the car. haha

Sounds like Dr. Sinan is in the building.

I'd say give it a go but it's not expensive at all to get it moulded and painted.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jeremy mate if your not a DIY guy then just keep shopping around for a cheaper price. but i would definately tell you to give it a go yourself. although the painting i would get someone proffesional to do it. give it a go. dont rush yourself. i have never done wing tips but i would imaine it wouldnt be that hard. it is alot of fun to see the progress you make everyday. this will also give you the oppurtunity to bond closer with the car. haha

I'd say give it a go but it's not expensive at all to get it moulded and painted.

I got quoted $495 and $440 for painting n fitting by itself..

The guy says it`ll cost more to mould it..and he says it`ll still look shocking..lols

BUt thanks for everything ey guys..

tqs for the advice sinan :P

Im going to give it a go myself..DIY FTW..should be fun..ive never diy-ed b4 xD..well i sorta did..but like angelo was like doing most of the stuff.hahahaha..angelo FTW too xD..

Will take pics n stuff..will show u guys how im doing :P

The guy says it`ll cost more to mould it..and he says it`ll still look shocking..lols

Im going to give it a go myself..DIY FTW..should be fun..ive never diy-ed b4 xD..well i sorta did..but like angelo was like doing most of the stuff.hahahaha..angelo FTW too xD..

I've enquired about this also and was quoted $280 to get it moulded onto the spoiler + painting...

I've enquired about this also and was quoted $280 to get it moulded onto the spoiler + painting...

THis is so not fair :( damnit

THis is so not fair :( damnit

if u were at sydney ill ask my mate for you ?? ;)

YAY IT FITS xD gonna post up pics 2molo :D

HEheheh..tqs guys..tqs angelo n ken for ur advice n opinions :)

n everyones help :D tqs guys..

Gonna post up more pics as i go along :) hopefully will be done n up on my car soon..ASAP xD

its my first DIY that ive done myself :P

YEAH I MUST SAY XD thanks to angelo for borrowing me the sander..i will never finish sanding without his sanding..hahaha :D

Update i sanded everything down and put on some filler to fill the holes up n strengthen the structure :D giving it a good few days to dry..gonna sand it down..prime and paint :D will post up more pics when i do it :)

Fibre glass is very fun btw :P

• 1 month later...

Hey guys..i need some advice here :)

I sprayed my spoiler n stuff..but its no where near as shiny as the surface of the car...

How do i get it to be like that?? The guy from the autopaint shop told me i dont need clear coat..

Its white btw..

Can someone pls shead some light on me..

I`ll post up all the pics of my spoiler after im done..

Tqs

i got quoted 250... fiberglassing..

is that reasonable?

did u try to polish/wax it?

i got quoted 250... fiberglassing..

is that reasonable?

did u try to polish/wax it?

Yeah dude, it's better than any other place I've asked.

You dont need to polish or wax, after its painted then it's totally upto you.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys!!..... i really really need help ... i want to find a C-one wing..... does any one where i can pick 1 up from melb?? orrr would any 1 kno some 1 that would be willing to sell me theres:p and il give them my stockkkk 1 lol :P

thanks alot guys!

hey guys!!..... i really really need help ... i want to find a C-one wing..... does any one where i can pick 1 up from melb?? orrr would any 1 kno some 1 that would be willing to sell me theres:p and il give them my stockkkk 1 lol :P

thanks alot guys!

Here you go mate, this guy sell the wing tips on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-COROLLA-02-0...1QQcmdZViewItem

But how do i get to be really really shiny? Do i need clear coat? :(

Clear coat. Just keep putting coats of it on until you're happy with it.

Sorry for the late reply dude.

:( but the guy at the paint shop that mixes my paint says i dont need clear coat.. :(

so clear coat will do the job? :D

But how do i get to be really really shiny? Do i need clear coat? :(

Clear coat. Just keep putting coats of it on until you're happy with it.

Sorry for the late reply dude.

:( but the guy at the paint shop that mixes my paint says i dont need clear coat.. :(

so clear coat will do the job? :D

You don't need clear coat? Weird. Doesn't hurt to put it on. If I was ever going to have my entire car resprayed, I'd be getting more clear coats put on it, as it brings out the paint more and makes it look creamy.

then you got acrylic paint not 2 pac

Ah of course.

just cut and polish it like your watching a paris hilton movie and itll go shiney

My wing would be in a thousand pieces then :P