NEW SUPRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we've pretty much summed it all up. Reason for my post was that i met a guy yesterday and he had an is200 (altezza) and an es300 (cressida).

Anyway we were chatting and he said he found it hard to get parts for the is200, and i said try searching for toyota parts and he will more than likely strike luck. And he said no they use different parts, maybe sometimes the same engine etc etc and basically said toyota had nothing to do with lexus (which ultimately is what lexus are trying to make people think so people dont compare the two im guessing).

Anyways to avoid contention i basically said, that lexus use the toyota chassis/body, interior and most of running gear for their cars. All thats different is the materials on the panels inside (they use leather from farms without barbed wire fences so the leather is better hahahaha), the badges, the lights and the wheels. And of course all the luxury features like heated seats, traction control, parking assist and all that crap. And they have different glass and more layers of paint, lightened bolts that save 9kg in total and all that crap (must be to compensate for the extra sound proofing they put in).

He went to great lengths to tell me that it was a toyota. I'd say a good 80-90 percent of that vehicle, was, in fact a toyota. It's kind of like saying a holden nova isnt a toyota corolla. Or a Honda jazz isnt a hyundai getz (or vice versa, whichever way it is around).

Edited by lammi_mr2

• 3 weeks later...

Okay okay... back to Supra time.

We've all seen the FT-HS concept pics, and the new lexus LF-A...

If the internet is to be believed, there is a Supra underway... Search for '2008 Supra' and see what comes up.

Most of it looks like this:

Supra.jpg

I like it :spiteful:

Although, from whatever speculation I have read, it is more likely to compete with 350z than GTR...

Edited by Leroy

Yeah we've pretty much summed it all up. Reason for my post was that i met a guy yesterday and he had an is200 (altezza) and an es300 (cressida).

Correction: ES300= Toyota Windom (Or upscale JDM Toyota Specter/ Camry Gracia/ Camry).

Toyota Vista= Lexus ES250 (U.S. only).

I'm still not sure if a new Supra will be built, but I do know that an affordable compact RWD Coupe (Under development together with Subaru.) will be launched in 2011.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/10/toyota-...h-subaru-boxer/

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/4417/suba...-their-line-up/

Edited by ToyotaFreak