Bought a new Kluger 2008 KX-S - Waiting for delivery

vegemite

I bought a (Thursday morning) a brand new 2008 Toyota Kluger AWD KX-S (with front and rear parking sensors) with delivery end of March.

I went to several Toyota dealers in Perth and must admit that I was very disappointed with the majority of the sales people. The sales people (and sales managers) told me that many lies and came across as desperate people with one aim, sign the deal and forget about repeat business from the customer.

I decided to buy the car from a sales person that did not pressure me, allowed me to take my time (I did take a lot of time), answered my questions, did not make me feel like a stupid customer that does not know anything. Even the sales manager was courteous and did not pressure me to sign. What a difference!

My Kluger will arrive in Fremantle around 21 March and expected delivery to the dealership is a week later.

Cheers :yahoo:

Edited by vegemite

You have given a lot of tips to dealer principles around Australia

Enjoy your stay here. I am loving the car. I am going to put out more 4WD trips suitable for novice driving.

Edited by Taka

Enjoy your stay here. I am loving the car. I am going to put out more 4WD trips suitable for novice driving.

I cannot wait to get the car!!! One month is a long wait........

BTW, the dealership that I bought the car from was Kalamunda Toyota (Perth hills), the sales person was a young guy called Jaiden.

Maybe I should also mention the names of the sales people :spiteful::angry: at the dealerships that were telling lie after lie trying to secure a deal. What goes around comes ............

KX-S :yahoo::yahoo::whistling:

BTW, the dealership that I bought the car from was Kalamunda Toyota (Perth hills), the sales person was a young guy called Jaiden.

Maybe I should also mention the names of the sales people :spiteful::angry: at the dealerships that were telling lie after lie trying to secure a deal. What goes around comes ............

Yeah, be careful mate, defamation ouch ouch... :help: Usually the young sales blokes are dumb as dogturds, but it sounds like you've found one with some common sense.

Congrats on your purchase. Definitely the best looking model in the Kluger range! Ask if you can get the COWT (Track my Toyota) batch and COSI number details to keep an eye on its progress.

My experience is that professionalism of the dealer does not depend on age. And I've purchased my Kluger from the most preofessional and helpful dealer, not the biggest caryard or most talk. Happy to recommend him (PM or something, he is in Sydney). And I believe that is how it should be. Some notes:

1) Greeted my wife - othe rdealers were not even noticing her :angry:

2) Organised a long test drive of exactly the model I wanted. Other dealers were like "the model you want is so popular/unpopular (depending on the dealer story) you can't have it for a drive. Drive the one we have).

What they didn't realise that with that approach I'll never get OK from the missus!

3) Answer all technical questions (except one). For ones he didn't know the answer he didn't lie and got back to me with the answers the same day

4) Gave me an honest trade in price. (I got less from the dealer who was selling and servicing all my cars for the last 8 years and was claiming "this is special for you only").

5) Managed well a non-Toyota extra (iPod interface). Isolated me from all the hassles (when I took the car iPod adapter was there along with all manuals for the adpater and working straight away, done exactly how I wanted it), yet providing me details of the car sound guy should I have any need to talk to him myself.

6) Car arrived one week earlier than he predicted initially; he gave me enough notice about it though.

7) He notified me about the pick up time 2 weeks upfront (e.g. "Friday in 2 weeks 4 pm). 2 weeks later on Friday 4 pm the car was waiting for me with all the paperwork as ordered.

So rare these days...

Yeah, be careful mate, defamation ouch ouch... :help: Usually the young sales blokes are dumb as dogturds, but it sounds like you've found one with some common sense.

Congrats on your purchase. Definitely the best looking model in the Kluger range! Ask if you can get the COWT (Track my Toyota) batch and COSI number details to keep an eye on its progress.

Apparently, the cowt is not used in Western Australia for whatever reason. I asked the sales guy and that’s what he told me.

In relation to defamation, I would never mention the names of the dishonest sales people that I encountered but I sure wish I could do that to help others.

Apparently, the cowt is not used in Western Australia for whatever reason. I asked the sales guy and that’s what he told me.

Ah, damn... bloody Toyota WA, they're in a world of their own (literally) over there! <_<

Edited by pinzvidz

Ah, damn... bloody Toyota WA, they're in a world of their own (literally) over there! <_<

Ohh what a feeelinnnngg!

Hi vegemite,

I'm also in Perth and doing the run around at the moment. Mind if i ask a few questions?

You got the KX-S AWD, correct? What was your rough OTR price? I'm getting mildly different prices from different dealers.

Was it a 07 plate or an 08 plated model?

Also you said delivery by end of March? All the dealers i've seen are saying 3 mths wait minimum! what colour was it, might have helped?

thanks,

nathan

Also you said delivery by end of March? All the dealers i've seen are saying 3 mths wait minimum! what colour was it, might have helped?

A guy at work just ordered one. Got told 3 months. Turned up in 3 weeks. Sounds like the dealers are being told to say 3 months.

A guy at work just ordered one. Got told 3 months. Turned up in 3 weeks. Sounds like the dealers are being told to say 3 months.

Ummm... no. We are not told to tell customers 3 months. 3 months would've been a worst case scenario, but they have obviously sourced one from another dealer.

Hi vegemite,

I'm also in Perth and doing the run around at the moment. Mind if i ask a few questions?

You got the KX-S AWD, correct? What was your rough OTR price? I'm getting mildly different prices from different dealers.

Was it a 07 plate or an 08 plated model?

thanks,

nathan

Hi,

“You got the KX-S AWD, correct? What was your rough OTR price? I'm getting mildly different prices from different dealers.”

I can’t give the exact price (2008 model) as I had an excellent deal due to family connections (would not be fair to the sales rep).

My advice to you is to go for a test drive at a dealership once you have spoken to a rep on the phone.

Also, settle for one model; don’t tell them you are interested in the KX-S AWD (or 2WD) or the Grande etc.

Another important factor is that you know what you are talking about when you see the sales rep. If you are interested in the KX-S AWD, then have a look at the Kluger Micro site and ‘view’ the different features. Tell them that you have done your research and are ready to buy the car now.

Their reply will be, “So, you are happy to sign a contract today then if I give you a good price?”

Tell them that you need to have their best price so that you can discuss it with your wife (or partner) today. Tell them that if you don’t get their best price then you cannot discuss it with your wife/partner.

Obviously, they will not give you their lowest price but it will give you an indication about the ‘actual’ lowest price.

Once you get a good discount, then it is time to see the next dealer. Repeat the process; tell the sales rep that you would like to test drive the car. Tell him/her that you need to have the best price DUE TO THE FACT THAT you are thaaaaat close to buy the car.

Negotiation is the key word, and once you get a price that you are happy with then you are getting a good deal. Also remember, that prices in Perth are slightly different to Melbourne for instance.

Once you are ready to sign the contract, that’s the time when you add any extras that you want. Remember to check the prices for extras (nudge bar etc) so that they can’t inflate the prices for the extras.

Good luck, the KX-S AWD is an excellent car. :yahoo:

I can’t give the exact price (2008 model) as I had an excellent deal due to family connections (would not be fair to the sales rep)

hmmm, don't want to be a PITA but that changes things. i notice you never mentioned that in your decision to buy from that particular dealer. oh well.

however, you should still be able to give me a rough indication (was it below $50k drive away? for example) so i can talk to other dealers. i won't go to that one that you did.

Edited by brougham

hey guys,

i hope one of the bad salespeople was not me! lol! it would be interesting to know if you came to visit my dealership at all. unfortunately there are alot of salespeople out there that give us a bad name. vegemite, please email to discuss this further. also brougham please drop me an email too, i am doing my best to establish myself on this forum for WA members.

anyone else got any questions please drop me a line or email me.

thanks.