ZRE152 Sedan... Rear Speakers

o12lando

Hi guys,

Just a question about the speakers in the car..

If I'm want to change both of the speakers at the back, will I have to remove the existing wire? OR can I just use the existing wires that the stock speakers were connected with and just change the rear stock speakers with other sets of speakers with the same wire?

and most importantly is it difficult?

Thanks for helping out a noob!

Cheers :yahoo:

Hope I make sense :P

Edited by o12lando

Hi guys,

Just a question about the speakers in the car..

If I'm want to change both of the speakers at the back, will I have to remove the existing wire? OR can I just use the existing wires that the stock speakers were connected with and just change the rear stock speakers with other sets of speakers with the same wire?

and most importantly is it difficult?

Thanks for helping out a noob!

Cheers :yahoo:

Hope I make sense :P

no need to change a thing, the wiring is brand new, just disconnect the old speakers and connect up the new ones.

although, if you intend on going all out and putting in amps and the like, it might be worth installing some oxide free copper cables, pretty sure the stock ones are just standard copper, but as they are so new there is good clarity.

but just changing the speakers then, go for it, change em.

Dave

If you want my advice, I'd say don't bother changing the speakers for starters.

For some reason, the headunit on the new toyotas (Corolla and Rav 4 as far as I know) have weird logic behind them. The EQ doesn't quite have the proper balance. Listen to it for yourself, use the fade option and listen to the speakers at the front, then fade it to the back. I don't know why but the ones at the back sound absolutely awful.

I went to a Autotainment and they recently did a RAV 4 (same headunit as the new Corolla Conquest that I have), and they changed all the speakers and powered it via a 4 channel amp. Still sounded crap and customer wasn't satisfied, so the bloke ended up paying an extra 300 and bought a half decent headunit and apparently blew the customer away :)

Obviously, thats what they said. Really though, if you're after good quality music, I personally would change the headunit first as well. The back speakers wouldn't make much of a difference...and if you're going to get new speakers at least power them with an amp.

I've been going around looking for a new sound system as well..

If you want my advice, I'd say don't bother changing the speakers for starters.

For some reason, the headunit on the new toyotas (Corolla and Rav 4 as far as I know) have weird logic behind them. The EQ doesn't quite have the proper balance. Listen to it for yourself, use the fade option and listen to the speakers at the front, then fade it to the back. I don't know why but the ones at the back sound absolutely awful.

I went to a Autotainment and they recently did a RAV 4 (same headunit as the new Corolla Conquest that I have), and they changed all the speakers and powered it via a 4 channel amp. Still sounded crap and customer wasn't satisfied, so the bloke ended up paying an extra 300 and bought a half decent headunit and apparently blew the customer away :)

Obviously, thats what they said. Really though, if you're after good quality music, I personally would change the headunit first as well. The back speakers wouldn't make much of a difference...and if you're going to get new speakers at least power them with an amp.

I've been going around looking for a new sound system as well..

I agree totoaly...

I have changed my head unit to the Pioneer AVH-P6850 and I have found now that the speakers sounds worse. They don't sound good at all, the speakers were designed and tested to be used only with the factory head unit and nothing else. I'm upgrading everything eventually but I am doing my Audio in stages, so next for me are a set of 6" for the front and rears with a 4 channel running them...

I would suggest that you change the speaker wire if you are going to run an amp through them, if not then you could leave them as is. Just remember that you could be under powering the new speakers if you do run it from the head unit, but this also depend on what speakers you intend on getting.

coool no probs appreciate the info.

hmmmm so basically look for a better head unit with decent speakers and and amp aye... Well that will be in my "To Mod List".

Yeh let me know what you guys end up getting I wanna see how well they do!

:yahoo: