Old School Corolla

KE70

heya all

i am a 17 yr old guy who has got my self a 1983 KE70 Toyota Corolla and was wanting to know if any of u guys out there know what i could do to it performance wise????

Cheers

Zac

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously....I wouldn't spend money on modifications with an old car. It is a waste of money coz u will find more probs with it later on and will have to fork out more money. I had an old car before corolla 89 SX and struggled to pay for maintenance.

Save ur money to buy a Stivo.....hehehe ;)

But if ur really want to...try extractors/exhaust and CAI. That'll help.

yeah, i agree.

don't waste your money...

just save up and get a better car...that will actually respond better to mods...and won't cost so much to maintain.

hey dont be so negative, get a 4age and an AE71 crossmember and u have an instant rocket, my mate has an AE71 pannel van with one and it only weighs 900kgs with 100kws it keeps up with my sportivo but it all depends if u wanna spend the money on an engine conversion or just basic mods exhaust etc

An engine conversion will cost you at least $1500. I use to have a car with the 4AGE engine and costs about $900. Labour would be at least $500 - $600. If you are willing to spend that much then it'll be a rocket. Just bare in mind other probs that comes with an aging car.

but if you do it yourself its pretty cheap, my mate got his 4age for $700 with computer and loom

but dont do it urself unless u've done that sort of stuff before or really know what your doing (mechanically)...

well i was thinking of buying a 4agze for abt $1500 witch is the front cut and doing the lobour wif my dad and my dads friends. but the thing is i have to find myself a job to start saving up first!!!

o yer thanks for the help any ways guys B)

Catch

Zac

that's a good idea.

start saving...hehe...

just be content for a while..and when you do go through with the conversion or get a different car....it'll be more appreciated. :D

fpr my ke 70 i had the minfold machined off and extractors put on second to that i had what are called mechanical secondarys formed in the carby, where you attach the first throttle body that opens with the accelerator to the second (exhaust activated) so that you get all of the power straight away little more fuel consumption though. i thnk i had my car up to about 120bhp with these mods and a good rear muffler, i'm pretty sure you asked on mods for a ke 70 not ideas on how to make you car faster yeah, don't listen to them carbi cars can be cool if it wasn't for a ke 70 i would still be teasing people who are into modifying

hope that helps

Friends of mine have a Series 5 13B Turbo and 5 Speed Jammed into their KE70.. Now that lil sucker motivates... For acceleration and speed it makes my Stivo look like a 2 cylinder Nikki.. 12.20 I think is its best time so far at the drags...

The secret to successful fast lappers is doing the work yourself... Oh and doing it right the first time... If you plan to cut corners the dont waste your time... The 4AGZE would be a nice conversionn... :)

i LOVE carbies :D :D , they sound so good! and they perform better in my opinoin.

i used to own a 89 rolla(4ac) which is now my bros.

hey influx how did u get the secondaries open all the time?

i wanna do it to that car, itll FLY once i do taht, cos it hasnt nuthing under 3000 then they open and it hammers. i love that little car.

it is definately doing up one of them cars, but the main thing u need to start off is a new engine in excelent quality, otherwise ur just wasting ur time, cos old engines dont like mods! ifs its a good engine u get then go the hack and do up enerything and itll beat stivos any day of the week.

also cos that car is so old it will have much less emission controls so u can get it going harder then recent cars!

i've got an 86 Corolla... 4AC.

i'm trying to sell it....

anyone know who might want one?

selling for around 2k.

does that sound fair? :huh:

umm..... :blink: ...

200k or something....*shrugs*

i'll get more details later..it's actually my sister's car..and she's moving to brisbane...so she wants me to sell it for her here.

hey all

thanks for all of the help hey. - i have just got 1 more question tho?!?!

do any of u guys live in perth or know of any toyota car clubs that run in perth??? - thanks for all of ur help!!!

Catch

Zac :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

ke70s can be made to fly, check out www.twincam.org, many members have ke70s, ae82s, ae86 sprimters, ae92s and so on... there is one guy with a turbo setup, and to all the sportivo boys i dont know why you would spend over 30k for a rolla when you could buy a 2001-2002 s15 200sx for the same price or 2001-2002 wrx my bro got his 2002 wrx with only 8000kms for 32,000, imho since after the ae92 they just got heavier and uglier, 141 kw and front wheel drive no thanks, unless its a type r which has even more power and handling abilities

I saw a KE70 at Motivation just recently with a 4AGZE strapped in the engine bay... However the big change.. The P*SS ant little blower was replaced with a nice T28 Hair dryer !!!

It was also running a Supra 5 speed and Shortened Hilux diff... Ingenuity my friend..:)

That is not a hard conversion 4A-G(Z)E in a KE-70

Just replace the crossmember with a AE-71/AE-86 crossmember

Cut-n-shut or replace the inlet manifold with a RWD one

Convert the KE-70's cable clutch to a hydrolic one (to suit A or W series box)

And in a AE-71 a 4A-G(Z)E basically bolts in.!!!

Easy goes from a 19sec car to a 15sec car standard motor. Thats pretty good bang-for-buck :D

Cheers

Richard

• 1 month later...

dont bother getting a "better" car, with a few thousand spent on the old KE it will run rings around all the sportivo rolla's out there.

$600 will get you all new suspension, $2K for a diy GZE swap that will have the light KE pulling easy 14 second quarters, and for $1500 more you can convert it to turbo on the GZE electronics and get very low 14 second quarters.

a lot more bang for buck than the sportivo's with the $400+ CAI that has $20 worth of metal in it...

xactly what rollamods said. The newer (not necessarily better) cars are more restriciting as to what you can do with em then older rollers. You also dont have to spend money on official parts as there are more aftermarket avaliable, as well as the avaliability of parts.