doing up a corolla 2000 ascent sedan

hey everyone, ive had a 2000 corolla ascent sedan (white) for a while now and want to do it up a bit but dont know where to start everything is pretty stock except for the sound system. any ideas where to start? i want to also paint the side trim bumper things the same colour and the door handles as well, put the mesh grill in the front bits and body kit etc. can someone help me out ? cheers :idea:

gday. I'm doing up a AE112R sedan too :D check out my ride... http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/cheung07/AE112R/

however it's gotten more updates since those pics...

pretty much what Rolla Boy has said...

I definitely recommend a nice suspension setup is best for the sedan... absolutely awesome around bends compared to the liftback.

Definitely get either a Genuine Levin front spoiler (2 peice + 6 clip-bolts) or Sportivo front spoiler painted.

What I started with was intake... K&N panel filter and rerouting new piping from airbox to front bar. Then moved onto 17" wheels and lowering 35mm with King springs & KYB shocks. There's lots of things you can do... I found my ideas from cardomain.com as well.

where abouts are you located? I know there's 2 white AE112 sedans rolling around Brisbane that are dumped.

pffft! yeah we get the solid beam rear ends wtf is with that? thats what let the model down in the reviews the fact they cheaped out on the suspension.

definate dumpage must happen with your sedan and a set of 18s will give you all the cred you need

Hahaha, we get the real deal :P :P :P ...

From memory that starts a chain reaction which gets you the girls as well, har har har.

The 2000 models have the facelift fronts yes?

Yeah mate, facelift came on the 2000 models... My car is now a facelift as I hated the bug eyes... lol...

• 6 months later...

How you all doing... I too have a 2000 ae112, mines the ascent liftback though... with the fat rear end :P

Quick question, with the panel K&n filter... would people reccomend this over a pod filter?... advantages, disadvantages?

Edited by Boy Castle

Hahaha, we get the real deal :P :P :P ...

From memory that starts a chain reaction which gets you the girls as well, har har har.

The 2000 models have the facelift fronts yes?

Yeah mate, facelift came on the 2000 models... My car is now a facelift as I hated the bug eyes... lol...

Sedans never came with the bug-eyes though, fortunately (they do suit the Seca sometimes though, depends on the car)

How you all doing... I too have a 2000 ae112, mines the ascent liftback though... with the fat rear end :P

Quick question, with the panel K&n filter... would people reccomend this over a pod filter?... advantages, disadvantages?

You won't feel the gains with either panel or pod filter.

Pod for noise...

Panel for better flowing replacement than the generic fibre filters...

So let me put it this way... if you want a cheap alternative... then just get a panel filter and re route piping from airbox forward... because the standard piping inlet faces to the right behind the left hand headlight. There isn't much cold air going there. So you should remove resonator in front bar and route piping through there.

You'll spend less money doing that than paying to get mild/stainless steel piping from throttle body to pod filter etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone... :)