Sportivo's at Autosalon Final battle

by the way we need to have a sydney cruise soon guys and catch up

I have always been waiting for a Sydney Cruise  :) .

I completely agree with both you guys, we need something SOON, the last try didn't work for all sorts of reasons but there is always the next time, maybe EGGs Echo christmas cruise would be a good one as I'm sure like me, this is not a great time of year for free time and too many cruises may just be that, too many....

On the other note about a Stivo club entering at next years Auto Salon, doesn't matter if you are stock as a rock, just clean it up and enter is what I think, we need to educate people on what a weapon these things can be, while still holding a sleeper status.....

I agree, bluesportivo. I still reakon your idea of a cruise down to the gong would be nice. This is probably not a good time of year for cruises but maybe in the new year.

It would be good to catch up.

Influx, does team godspeed have a website? i can't seem to find anything on google.

Cheers guys.

www.team-godspeed.com

nothing much organised this month and next.

just christmas pool party on the 11 dec

and another pool party on the 15 Jan (from what i remember)

just check it out, everyone is more than welcome to join us during our events.

:D

thats more like it.

our car is a cult. the only car that i have driven which comes close to the driving experience.......

s2000.

wanna test our cars then touge with it. i have beaten the s2000. and a audi a4.

our car with increased damper loves the down hill and the brakes love it more.

Hey Eddy dont worry mate was not retaliating or offended in anyway. The first part of the post was just a little tongue in cheque/fun with the rest just trying to explain my reasoning. E-gene had it right in his post after.

I agree with you that to get the issues sorted out all stivo owners need to stick together. As I have said in other posts a few years back I went through all this with BMW. After 18 months of hard slog we were able to get them to fix the cars we were complaining about. I just could not be bothered starting the whole process again, just too busy with work & enjoying the little free time I have to do it all again. Believe me after this battle you will probably think the same.

As regards having spent the money to fix all the issues well I had with the clutch, but my gears had been grinding for 6 months before that so in the back of my mind always was the thought of what damage had already been done. I also had a dash that was B grade at the best. It rattled and squeeked more than an old bed in a honeymoon suite which Toyota would not remedy. The frustration I was feeling in this situation only a couple years after the same as with BMW was just starting to ruin my enjoyment of the car... And that is why I bought it and modded it. For me cars are the only real hobby/passion I have that gets me away from and forgetting about work. They are my stress release. When your stress release starts causing more stress than work then it's time to re-evaluate.

This is my reasoning and I am only explaining it so you can understand my decision. If Toyota had of fixed my issues within the first 10 times I raised them then I can state with absolute certainty I would still be driving the Sportivo. As I keep saying I loved the car just not the company behind it!

Are you turning up at the meet. If you are I'll buy you a cold drink. Truly was not having a shot at you!

Cheers mate

i wasnt taking the ***** livfor6

im just saying seems a few die hard stivo owners are now getting rid of there stivos and getting other cars.

**** id dump the stivo first thing gor a new rx8 howeva not evryone can afford to do this.

it just ****s me that the people who premoted the stivo when i first got onto this site saying how great a car they are. there now getting rid of the car for another and blaming it on toyota australia.

you and peekay had already spent the money on the stivo so there was no more issues with em. so i couldnt see why you would both get rid of them to spend more money on a new car. if the stivo was so good.

anyway toyota australia are hopeless i dont dissagree with that at all but like i said on another topic we need to group together to get the problem fixed.

anyway i just think its good a few of the boy got there cars into the show. and theres still people on this site who love the stivos.

i was starting to thiink evryone had changed there mind about the stivo.

good stuff guys

both hot looking rides.

at least theres still people on this site that appreciate the whole stivo deal.

and not just selling up and moving on lol :D

Damn your right eddy... seeing thost pictures (& they do look impressive guys - well done) I regret trading my stivo. What was I thinking.... It's time i should right the wrong....

Selling 1 slighly used metalic blue RX8, will be happy to do a direct swap for sportivo (and no I am not talking about you bill)..... Any takers... Anyone :P :P :D :D :blink::blink: :P :D

But seriously though I probably would not have traded the stivo if Toyota Australia had shown a little more loyalty to their car and customers. Best bang for your buck in my mind still, just a pity I had to pay for my own clutch to be able to use it, not to mention the Dash that creaked/groaned/rattled & vibrated even over the top of my radio. She and I divorced out of frustration not because I did not love her no more!

Still can't beat that lift experience though

your right buddy im ****** at righting things the way im thinkin them so sorry if ya think i was having a big go at you m8.

its just prior to buyin my stivo i looked up evrything i could find on it and this site wasnt there then afterwoods i found it and all the stivo issues i probably wouldnt have brought it if id know about this gear shift thing.but now im stuck with it.

the worst thing is i absolutly love the car and its performance but ive been back to toyota 5 times already and ive only had the car for 3 months.

it just ****s me because evryone i first met on this site when i joined it seems there getting rid of there stivos and im getting paraniod ive got a dud sports car.lol

but **** it ill just void the warranty(its not worth **** anyway) and get all the gear i want on it and get rid of the issues myself.

it just got to me because ive always had second hand cars and i decided to buy this brand new over a second hand wrx because i thought there would be less issues being that its new and has a 3 year warranty ( i was sooo wrong). so sorry if i had a go mate ive got a short fuse.lol

your right buddy im ****** at righting things the way im thinkin them so sorry if ya think i was having a big go at you m8.

its just prior to buyin my stivo i looked up evrything i could find on it and this site wasnt there then afterwoods i found it and all the stivo issues i probably wouldnt have brought it if id know about this gear shift thing.but now im stuck with it.

the worst thing is i absolutly love the car and its performance but ive been back to toyota 5 times already and ive only had the car for 3 months.

it just ****s me because evryone i first met on this site when i joined it seems there getting rid of there stivos and im getting paraniod ive got a dud sports car.lol

but **** it ill just void the warranty(its not worth **** anyway) and get all the gear i want on it and get rid of the issues myself.

it just got to me because ive always had second hand cars and i decided to buy this brand new over a second hand wrx because i thought there would be less issues being that its new and has a 3 year warranty ( i was sooo wrong). so sorry if i had a go mate ive got a short fuse.lol

Eddy, if it makes you feel any better, My car won't start sometimes. Imagine hopping in your car to go to work or out with your gal and the car just won't start. <_<

That's what I'm going through right now. Toyota still don't know what's worng with it so I have to take the car back. Nothing they can do about it as the problem does not happen to them when the car is sitting in their yard.

I too think I bought a dud but I love my Stivo still. I love everything about it but except all the problems that I get with it. I love the look, style, options, features luxury, performance. If it wasn;t for all the issues I'm having I would be definitely keeping it. It's just a case of bad luck I guess. To be honest with all u guys, I'm so jealous that all your cars are not giving u guys hassle. I just wish my car did not have these problems. And to be honest I think the Stivo looks better than my next car Accord Euro but I am not going back to another Toyota because of the service I get. I've been agonizing over the last few weeks whether to keep it or trade because I love it so much. Weighing out the advantages and disadvantages, It's so frustrating.

But if your car is not giving u much hassles except for the minor rattles and vibrations then I think it's still OK. The rattles are a minor thing to me now because of all the other problems I've had and just thank your car that it doesn't have problems like mine.

Hope that makes u feel better about ur car. :D

Cheers

Hehehe if you want to feel better, my last car (which I bought brand new) went back 25 times for repairs under warranty in the 24 months I owned it. Problems ranging from them forgetting to weld the back end to the chassis right through to the engine dying while changing gears on a freeway.

Yup, the last car was bad, nothing I could possibly have now would ever be worse :).

Hehehe if you want to feel better, my last car (which I bought brand new) went back 25 times for repairs under warranty in the 24 months I owned it. Problems ranging from them forgetting to weld the back end to the chassis right through to the engine dying while changing gears on a freeway.

Yup, the last car was bad, nothing I could possibly have now would ever be worse :).

What car is that, man?

Hey BlackRolla

This may be a dumb question, and please don't be offended, but do you leave your car in a garage at night with the keys in it????

I know it sounds daft, but that's what I used to do, and I thought after a few days that the car was sluggish to start, ie it didn't sound like it wanted to join the party.

When I was talking to my wife about it, she said that her boss, who is driving a brand new Land Cruiser, was also leaving his keys in the ignition in his garage overnight and was having starting problems.

I stopped doing it and I have not had any problems with it since...

Just a thought

Cheers

Azz

What car is that, man?

It was a Daewoo Lanos Sport (Hence why I bought a real brand car this time) it was trouble from the word go, forked out $20,000 cash for that ***** too, but if I had not have had so many troubles, I would not have got the ****s affter only owning it 2 years and gone out an bought the Stivo so in a roundabout way, its responsible for me having (and being VERY happy with) Sammy (my Stivo) :).

Hey BlackRolla

This may be a dumb question, and please don't be offended, but do you leave your car in a garage at night with the keys in it????

I know it sounds daft, but that's what I used to do, and I thought after a few days that the car was sluggish to start, ie it didn't sound like it wanted to join the party.

When I was talking to my wife about it, she said that her boss, who is driving a brand new Land Cruiser, was also leaving his keys in the ignition in his garage overnight and was having starting problems.

I stopped doing it and I have not had any problems with it since...

Just a thought

Cheers

Azz

Nah man. I always take my keys with me. Last night it happened again and I was stuck at the petrol station. I had to call my bro to come help me push it. How F#@*ed is that!!! I took it back to Toyota this morning and said I don't want it back till it's fixed. The strange thing is it never happens when Toyota has it in their hands and they keep telling me there is no problem with it. On the other hand another Toyota department have had the problem playing up on them when it was with them. They thought it was the alarm and told me to back to where I got my alarm fitted. Took it back to Warren Toyota and checked the alarm and they said it was OK.

The weird thing is that when you push the car and try to jump start it it would work. Even playing around with the gearbox makes it work. But when it doesn't work u can't hear any clicking noise or engine cranking. Battery is OK lights CD etc works. I am stumped. :huh: Someone please help me! :(

The only other thing I can think of dude, is that perhaps the immobilliser mayby causing some sort of interferance.

A similar thing happened with my father-in-law's Falcon, where the smartlock shat itself. To turn the ignition, the light show wold operate but the car wouldn't start. Problem with his was that being an auto, we couldn't push-start it....

I'll have a chat to a mate of mine over the weekend, he's an auto-electrician...

Cheers

Azz

Just spoke to my autoelectrician mate who said to check for immobiliser interferance,,,, when I told him the symptoms, he knew that straight away.,