im worried?

Hey i love my sportivo and but i also like to have some fun it in, i have never gone past 7 grand in the car, i am usually always speeding becuse i am late lol and it takes a beating in lower gears when i am driving through the city every couple of weeks, how reliable is this car, i cannot afford to have it die on me..

denial aside, you know deep down if you're f*cking up your car. If you're feeling guilty for thrashing it then i'd say 'yes' you're killing her. Sportivos are a reliable car but they are still susceptable to wear'n'tear. nuf said.

oh btw, speeding doesn't get you there much quicker. You might get to your destination 3-4minutes earlier but if you're already late 3-4 minutes ain't going to do much. speed for the enjoyment, not to save time....oooops i meant dont speed :whistling::whistling:

Edited by qkslvr

Ditto what QkSilver said.

At the end of the day, you know whether or not ur going to be wrecking your car. If she's serviced correctly, warmed up and cooled down properly, then I don't see why you should be worrying about it.

7k RPM is nothing in a sportivo. Although if you molest the gears, u might wear out the sychros a lot faster. You get what you give.

yeh what they said

id be more worried in that case bout loosin my licence or writing the car off

i have so much on im late most of the time but speeding wont get me there faster so i just cruise along and curse to myself

yeh what they said

id be more worried in that case bout loosin my licence or writing the car off

i have so much on im late most of the time but speeding wont get me there faster so i just cruise along and curse to myself

I see it all the time when i'm riding to work. some knob thinks he's Lewis Hamilton and ducks and weaves through traffic but keeps getting caught at traffic lights...and guess what. the same group of cars he's just passed catches up. If you cut through gaps and duck and weave through traffic, you seriously look like a total f'ing knob to everyone behind you. Seriously! Not just a small little knob but a huge tool of a knob so epic you can blot out the sun. I always have one of these Heroes past me at a million miles an hour and then i catch up and just lane split past his a$$ at the traffic lights. seriously, if you want to avoid traffic.....ride a bike! hahaha

Edited by qkslvr

I see it all the time when i'm riding to work. some knob thinks he's Lewis Hamilton and ducks and weaves through traffic but keeps getting caught at traffic lights...and guess what. the same group of cars he's just passed catches up. If you cut through gaps and duck and weave through traffic, you seriously look like a total f'ing knob to everyone behind you. Seriously! Not just a small little knob but a huge tool of a knob so epic you can blot out the sun. I always have one of these Heroes past me at a million miles an hour and then i catch up and just lane split past his a$$ at the traffic lights. seriously, if you want to avoid traffic.....ride a bike! hahaha

BIG LOL!

Tidy, the redline on the Sportivo's is 8200RPM isn't it?? If you're going to shift at 7000RPM all the time then I'll swap you for my 1ZZ-FE car :P

I'm of the opinion that if the car is made to rev then rev it if you need to use the peak power. Speeding doesn't necessarily mean you're strapping your car unless you're constantly doing 140km/hr in 2nd gear or something. In saying that, we do not condone speeding here.

we do condone speeding in a safe off street environment * wiggles pinky finger* eg on the track but speeding hardly gets u anywhere quicker especially on the sydney roads in the mornin so just enjoy the scenery

yeah man taking it to 7k isnt hurting it if redline is 8.2k, my celica (old) got thrashed to the **** for just over 107,000km before it gave up on me at 220,000km. i used to take that cars 2nd gear (cos it only got 90) to redline everytime i had the chance (safely tho) and first got a pounding usually to.

so i reckon you can safely think that your corrolla which is meant to be even more reliable than a celica will last no prob the way your driving. just a tip tho, if one day your car has a very noticable loss of power, dont fix that by driving harder, cos then it gets wrecked lol