Help `08 Corolla

Hey guyz,

I've bought a 2008 corolla ascent in hatch recently, just curious, is it worth it to add things onto it such as an body kits, better exhaust etc etc??? because i haven't seen any of them modified in any noticable way yet. If it is worth it , it would be appreciated if anyone could share some ideas or even show off what they've done to their `08 corolla hatch. Also i would like to know the pros and cons of the car in any aspect.

Thanks,

I imported a Spoiler from Europe for the Auris aka our 07 and 08 Corollas.

Heres a Pic, it cost me a total of around $750 to import it and get it painted (I fitted myself)

post-4631-1206795751_thumb.jpg

Hey guyz,

I've bought a 2008 corolla ascent in hatch recently, just curious, is it worth it to add things onto it such as an body kits, better exhaust etc etc??? because i haven't seen any of them modified in any noticable way yet. If it is worth it , it would be appreciated if anyone could share some ideas or even show off what they've done to their `08 corolla hatch. Also i would like to know the pros and cons of the car in any aspect.

Thanks,

AURI5 is the only person to really have done anything to the new shape.

We haven't even seen somebody put a nice set of 18's on one yet.

Be a pioneer and be the first to try things, nobody else is!

i've been thinking about a TRD sports muffler that cost around 300 something..but not sure if its worth it

Im planing on a modded cat back with stainless rear muffler , in about 6 months or so . $300 hundred just for a muffler is a bit steep though .

I just finished my 2nd modification for the '08 Corolla hatch.

The first was a cat-back exhaust with Remus muffler on the end for $600 fitted.

As of Friday a complete Clarion setup has been installed into the car thanks to the lovely people at Sunbury Autobarn who did an excellent job, no... Beyond excellent!

Yeah, well for my Auris...i mean Corolla :rolleyes: the next thing is dumping it and adding some 17's or 18's and then maybe some Fusion NV series Amp and Sub

Apart from my Kappa wheels that came from the dealer I have also added the Pioneer AVH-P6850...

I haven't yet posted the short shifter kit that I have ordered as it is touch and go at the moment. According to the seller its a 90% guarenteed that it will fit. Once I recieve it I'll post some more for you all.

Apart from my Kappa wheels that came from the dealer I have also added the Pioneer AVH-P6850...

I haven't yet posted the short shifter kit that I have ordered as it is touch and go at the moment. According to the seller its a 90% guarenteed that it will fit. Once I recieve it I'll post some more for you all.

I was going through some Yankee forum about some NTC SSK or something and I saw a 2ZR-FE. Is that you too?

Would definitely be very interested to see what the shift would be like, let us know!!

Yeah my goal is to make this a show car in the future and its actually gonna live up to the Hottest Corolla Ever advertising. But looks like i've got some competitors for that lol

Has anyone added a TRD muffler to a ZRE152 yet? If so what does it sound like (re. drone at highway speeds??) or has anyone been even more adventurous and added a Toyota Motorsport exhaust??

Hey guyz,

Thanks,

AURI5 is the only person to really have done anything to the new shape.

We haven't even seen somebody put a nice set of 18's on one yet.

Be a pioneer and be the first to try things, nobody else is!

there is a guy here in perth with 18s on a new rolla, kenneth knows him..

hopefully we can get some pictures!

here goes :)

since then he has lowered his car plus twin exhaust.. just the tips i guess.. not the whole catback

dsc011621024x768bl0.jpg

dsc011631024x768mx1.jpg

lol you can see my car in the reflection! of the 2nd pic >_<

Edited by Kenneth

well i've done my research and i'm currently in the process of finding out prices for frieght and so on for the kit below. its from TRC tuning. Once I get a reply i'll let you all know.post-5667-1207395934_thumb.jpg

I've posted that site like 3 times, but yeah there the only place selling bodykits for the Auris (which identically fits our corolla). They also have the Auris Badge which Im wanting but for 50 Euros I dont think it'll be any time soon

But if your looking for parts for the Corolla please go to this thread as it discusses all the available upgrades for the Corolla 2ZRE

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...12734&st=25

Edited by AUR15

It is possible to buy the front of the TRD bodykit for the Auris (sic) from the TRD japan catalogue website, and i know that i can get it delivered and fitted at my local Toyota showroom workshop.

But there seems to be a problem with finding the TRD side-skirts and rear spoiler and bumper, anyone know how to get a hold of pricing on these? Although if they are all priced as expensive as the front on the kit, i may consider getting a TTE kit from europe for cheaper, but have to paint it here instead of ordering it in the right colour like TRD japan lets you.

Plus i think if i want to do anything performance wise to my corolla, its going to have to be custom or universal parts, but i'll wait and see what happens when the 2ZR-FE corolla sedan gets released in america - hopefully some new performance parts will come onto the market. (Obviously though externally dependent parts will be non applicable).

Also, there is a certain Scion XB (i think) model which has the same engine as our 07/08 rolla, so perhaps some performance internals or chips have already been made....

I dunno, but im pretty keen to adjust the looks of the car now the sound system is fully awesome! :yahoo:

It is possible to buy the front of the TRD bodykit for the Auris (sic) from the TRD japan catalogue website, and i know that i can get it delivered and fitted at my local Toyota showroom workshop.

But there seems to be a problem with finding the TRD side-skirts and rear spoiler and bumper, anyone know how to get a hold of pricing on these? Although if they are all priced as expensive as the front on the kit, i may consider getting a TTE kit from europe for cheaper, but have to paint it here instead of ordering it in the right colour like TRD japan lets you.

Plus i think if i want to do anything performance wise to my corolla, its going to have to be custom or universal parts, but i'll wait and see what happens when the 2ZR-FE corolla sedan gets released in america - hopefully some new performance parts will come onto the market. (Obviously though externally dependent parts will be non applicable).

Also, there is a certain Scion XB (i think) model which has the same engine as our 07/08 rolla, so perhaps some performance internals or chips have already been made....

I dunno, but im pretty keen to adjust the looks of the car now the sound system is fully awesome! :yahoo:

How much is the front skirt order via toyota and painted & fitted?