Hunt for a S/C

Hi guys,

In my quest to spend money on my car this year I intend to got S/C, and I was wondering has anyone on here sucessfully got the Greddy S/C kit for the Celica working on our Corolla? Reason I want to go with the Greddy unit is becuase the Blitz one is out of production and not many people seem to of gone down this path, however if it is sh!t then let me know and I will hunt down a Blitz kit :)

Its designed for the 2ZZ-GE and comes with the intake manifold, 440cc injectors (not quite sure why..), and a V-Manage piggy back. I'm not sure if the piggy back unit would work, which is ok as I will be changing the whole ECU anyways.

Let me know

Edited by Seano

After a quick google:

9th Gen - Greddy S/C Kit Installed in a 2zzge

Seems to work alright - may need some engine work shuffling, but a possible end result of 13.9sec quarter mile.... :toast:

Thanks RME, its an 18 page thread so it looks like I may have some bed time reading to do tonight :P

No worries mate. Pretty much the only pages worth noting is Page 1. Where he proclaims it is a 'success'...even though he had a few lingering ECU problems. The rest of the other pages are about ECU tune, gadgets, NOS, how big they are getting in HP etc.etc.

Fun times!

Jules

:ph34r: *But what is more importnat is what Rolla mods has to say!* :ph34r: If only he was in book form :toast:

Edited by RME1

No worries mate. Pretty much the only pages worth noting is Page 1. Where he proclaims it is a 'success'...even though he had a few lingering ECU problems. The rest of the other pages are about ECU tune, gadgets, NOS, how big they are getting in HP etc.etc.

Fun times!

Jules

:ph34r: *But what is more importnat is what Rolla mods has to say!* :ph34r: If only he was in book form :toast:

Yea he had to hack up a few puts like remove/move the radiator resivoir, move the alternator up (must be a low sitting supercharger) and move the battery.

I will go with a stand alone ECU, if I can, juding by the dramas he had

Let me say everyday without my XRS is taking its toll. I am very stressed, I can't get this GReddy e-manage Ultimate to talk right with our crap ECU.

DAMN YOU TOYOTA!!!!

Hrmm fair enough only problem is finding a Blitz Supercharger kit at a good price, alot ofp laces are selling them for 3500-4000 pounds! Thats almost $8000-$10000....i mean come on

Hrmm fair enough only problem is finding a Blitz Supercharger kit at a good price, alot ofp laces are selling them for 3500-4000 pounds! Thats almost $8000-$10000....i mean come on

Sean, have you tried Vision R? I got a mention from them a while ago about a Blitz Supercharger, without giving me the exact price but saying 'most likely over 5k'.

Perhaps you can ask them still. Give them a call, hope it helps. Good luck :)

VISION R

ABN: 707 446 24 791

ADDRESS

11 Bowen St

O'connor, Perth

W.A 6163

Opening Hours

Monday - Friday: 10am-6pm

Saturday: 10:30am - 5:00pm

CONTACT DETAILS

MB: 0403 00 31 31

FAX: (08) 9456 5106

EMAIL: sales@visionr.com.au

MSN: vertex_s15@hotmail.com

not being bias in any way :whistling:

i would recomend the blitz if you could still find one, they are strait bolt on kit and has been done many times on 2zz corolla.. but if not available the greddy s/c is also a great unit :rolleyes: And on special!

how much you looking at spending??

Edited by $ANGELO$

OntheRun in Sydney would do a good job as well.

Injectors are very much needed because when you up the power they run out of juice. If you arent happy with the ones that come with the kit, try supra ones

The greddy kit will cost you around $4200 to your door from MWR. If you would like to save some money then try to install it yourself, as you will have to stuff around a bit with it. If you get a shop to put it in for you then I'm expecting labour to be around $1000, depends on how much stuffing around you want them to do. Power FC fitted and tuned would cost around $2500.

I would budget around about $8K to be completely sure, gotta get started on the Instant Noodle diet. :D

I read the mods that your intending to add to your car in the other thread. I would say leave the exhaust for the time being and get a PFC onto that list as well. With a S/C setup I don't think a S10 would be a good idea, try the MP02 straight through.

Its a lot of spending but I'm sure it will be all worth it, I'm just wondering how much my tax return would be this year. If its enough then I'll go and track down the greddy kit. If not then its Stg 3 Cams, Valves and Springs for me.

Sean, have you tried Vision R? I got a mention from them a while ago about a Blitz Supercharger, without giving me the exact price but saying 'most likely over 5k'.

Perhaps you can ask them still. Give them a call, hope it helps. Good luck :)

Thanks Jase will definately give them a call when I have some funding together.

not being bias in any way :whistling:

i would recomend the blitz if you could still find one, they are strait bolt on kit and has been done many times on 2zz corolla.. but if not available the greddy s/c is also a great unit :rolleyes: And on special!

how much you looking at spending??

Heheh of course you're not biased Angelo :P

The greddy kit will cost you around $4200 to your door from MWR. If you would like to save some money then try to install it yourself, as you will have to stuff around a bit with it. If you get a shop to put it in for you then I'm expecting labour to be around $1000, depends on how much stuffing around you want them to do. Power FC fitted and tuned would cost around $2500.

I would budget around about $8K to be completely sure, gotta get started on the Instant Noodle diet. :D

I read the mods that your intending to add to your car in the other thread. I would say leave the exhaust for the time being and get a PFC onto that list as well. With a S/C setup I don't think a S10 would be a good idea, try the MP02 straight through.

Its a lot of spending but I'm sure it will be all worth it, I'm just wondering how much my tax return would be this year. If its enough then I'll go and track down the greddy kit. If not then its Stg 3 Cams, Valves and Springs for me.

Yea its going to come down to how confident I am with the mechanics from what I have read in that Mamoth thread there are several problems:

1. The piggy back ECU that comes with the Greddy kit is no good
  2. You need to change to slimmer radiator to attach the S/C correctly as there isn't enough space to use the supplied brackets for the alternator.
  3. Battery will probably need to be moved
  4. A/C piping may need to be redone.
  5. The Greddy unit does not come with gaskets for all the piping etc - go figure
  6. Also lacks an Intercooler/any form of intake piping

So the Greddy setup is cheap but at what cost? I agree with you Superthai its a bit of stuffing around and I would probably spend close to the same on a Greddy as I would with a Blitz unless I did DIY

Lucky me my credit card limit is $8'000 XD haha, dont worry I'm already on the no spending anything diet trying to get all my funding together.

I'm also hoping my tax return will give me a bit of a finacial boost and help me work down my To Do list.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys will use this thread for later reference when I have the PFC in and am ready to get blown XD

Here we go for my reference, required mods for the Greddy unit (its on page 15 of the above thread)

Originally Posted by thebarber

so in the end what mods have you had to do in order to make the s/c work?

reading your posts i see:

1. new rad and fan

2. move alternator

3. move battery

4. re-rout a/c lines

5. different belt than what comes with the greddy kit?

anything else?

I'M BAAAAAACK!

You also have to MOD your intake. The throttle body is like a Celica now so your CAI won't fit without some modding. I just bought some custom elbows and converted it into a Short Ram air.

Also check this video out, **** insane - you can see what he ment about the lack of room around the alternator. He also got around the lack of an IC by using H2O injection :P Also it looks like he chopped up a perfectly good Injen CAI to make an SRI :o

Edited by Seano

Its not that the greddy is no good, its just not that good. Especially if your running a S/C without any cooling, you would like finer control over what happens.

1. New radiator and Fan - If only you want it too look neat and good, you could move the radiator foward a little so that the alternator will clear the radiator. You will also have to relocate the coolant reservior.

2. Move alternator - I don't think you need to move the alternator, the blitz kit relocates your alternator but the greddy moves it forward. We have less space compared to the celica. The blitz kit comes with a modified sump I think...

3. Move battery - can be resolved by getting a smaller battery

4. A/C lines - I'm sure it can be connected up, just look for your local a/c mechanic I'm sure they can fix that up.

5. Belt - I'm not sure which thread you dug up, but beholder's one had a slight install problem I think. The other guy that got it recently done, had everything work out fine for him including the belt.

The question is how much power are you chasing etc, the blitz kit will definitely give you more power at a safer condition then the greddy. I say forgo all your power mods for the time being and focus on this, it will give you more bang for your buck at the end.

Thanks SuperThai, I will start finding out who can source the Blitz S/C kit, it does come with a lot more and for me I think the extra $3Gs is worth it to avoid the headaches.

What do you think of the Blitz kit for the Celica? If it'll work I would prefer to get it as it is more easily available...although still would have same issues as the Greddy with the ECU etc...hmmm

I think if you drop off your Sportivo and $8000 at Monkey Wrench and pick it up in a couple of weeks all done for you then that's value. I would totally do it TODAY if I had a 2ZZ model. Any headaches in that? I should hope not! But there are always headaches...

The Americans will always have it slightly easier over us *sigh*, but that makes it all the more fun :D

But straight out of the box our sportivo is better then there XRS.

Could always think of turbo when you hit those prices :spiteful:

Mmmm the biggest appeal of a Turbo is to get a BOV that is way to big for the boost your running so you get turbo flutter and after a year blow up your tubrine....still sounds cool tho - haha

What do you think of the Blitz kit for the Celica?

there is a blitz kit specifically made for the corolla ..... it has a different part number to the celica kit. you want blitz kit 10132. made specifically for RHD Runx in japan aka out sportivo

http://www.blitz.co.jp/Operation-manual/comp/CPS_10132.pdf

What do you think of the Blitz kit for the Celica?

there is a blitz kit specifically made for the corolla ..... it has a different part number to the celica kit. you want blitz kit 10132. made specifically for RHD Runx in japan aka out sportivo

http://www.blitz.co.jp/Operation-manual/comp/CPS_10132.pdf

I know there is a kit for the Corolla :), I was just saying its hard to find the kit and was hoping the Celica one might do. I shall start calling some workshops