The Ultimate Footy Topic

MT

Footy!  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey fellas,

who's getting into the new footy season?

Thought i'd try and work out what Tocau members prefer when it comes to the footy.

Place your vote, then explain why and what team you go for and who your favourite players are.

I selected AFL, and I'm a huge Collingwood fan. The pies are looking pretty good this season, the young talent is definately taking control and proving that if they all stay, the pies will be a force in the coming years. Favourite players are Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas, two youngens who are pretty much running the team now and controlling the game for the pies in the centre of the field.

My 2nd choice would be real football - soccer, but none of this pansy A-league ****, talking English Premier League. Go Man U woo!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i grew up playing aussie rules and soccer in adelaide (those of you in facebook might have seen the team photo in my profile), then moved back to sydney before high school and got familiar with rugby league.

i like the whole idea behind aussie rules, but i never understood what the score was when i looked at the scoreboard?!

btw, fave teams in aussie rules were the norwood redlegs (havent seen em play since the 1980s lol!) , then the crows and of course sydney since they won the big one a few years back.

as for rugby league, im a bit of a supermarket fan when it comes to league as well.

teams i love to watch are the roosters, rabbitohs, eels, kinda not so into the panthers and doggies at the moment...

poor bulldogs... killed by the roosters last night lol! what a game.

i can appreciate the other codes too, but i just dont pay attention to them the way i would NRL.

Edited by JJCRU23R

My 2nd choice would be real football - soccer, but none of this pansy A-league ****, talking English Premier League. Go Man U woo!

There's a difference? They seem to fall over holding their knee's the same :P

League or Union, they are both equaly awesome.

Real football, of course...

Why is it REAL football?? Because its the only game thats played predominantly with the feet. All the others are almost akin to basketball...

Black and White army.

(I'm wagering that there will be a greater concentration of Sydney and surrounds folk, therefore rugby league will lead the polls)

Edited by Leroy

(I'm wagering that there will be a greater concentration of Sydney and surrounds folk, therefore rugby league will lead the polls)

Hahaha nice work Simo, show everyone that RL is a no talent caveman game, where as AFL demands skill and ability.

There is only one true football code, played with the round ball, but I enjoy watching AFL. League and Union as well (in that order).

Barclays Premier League is the best domestic football league on earth, go you Red Devils :D dropped points last night at Borough but still on track for premiership number 10! Fave players are Paul Scholes, Park Ji Sung and Nemanja Vidic, not massive names but solid players that support the tricky blokes who ping all the goals in. Just like to announce that Ryan Giggs is now officially a hack, I want him retired ASAP.

I'm a huge Collingwood fan.

You've just made yourself a very powerful enemy....

essendon_logo.jpg

Bring it, bitch! I'll see you on Anzac day. See you losing on Anzac day, huha! :lol:

2006_AFL_Collingwood.jpg

"Good ol Collingwood forever, they know how to play the game...."

I'm a huge Collingwood fan.

You've just made yourself a very powerful enemy....

essendon_logo.jpg

Bring it, bitch! I'll see you on Anzac day. See you losing on Anzac day, huha! :lol:

2006_AFL_Collingwood.jpg

"Good ol Collingwood forever, they know how to play the game...."

I'll be in the 'berra for Anzac Day with a few mates..... care to meet up a watering hole for a few beers and watch your precious Pies get the snot kicked out of them? :)

it varies with me.

If the richmond tigers get the finger out of thier backsides and win a few games, then afl all the way.

Both otherwise its man united for me as well.

cheers :toast:

Glam boy, Scousers rule :P

Edited by Seano