How many kilometer can done after a full tank of fuel?

sns

My KXR 2WD can drive around 350km per tank. I used 91 unleaded.

How many kilometer can done after a full tank of fuel?

Getting around 13.2litres/100km from my 2WD Grande with 91RON BP ULP. Mostly city driving, so I am quite happy with those figures.

It has around 2500km on the clock, so I expect these figures to get slightly better as the engine gets some k's on it.

Last tank I put in about 30% 98RON BP Ultimate and the rest 91RON and got 12.6l/100km. It did include a stretch of light traffic/highway driving though, so I am not totally convinced that I will get a whole lot more kms out of 98 RON fuel.

350km does sound very low though...do you drive with a heavy right foot? Check tyre pressures as well...

I found the type of traffic is VERY significant in the mileage you get.

60 kmh free run is far better than stop start traffic.

Heavy right foot is another BIG factor.

I can show you the same route, same day and same time. I can drive from 10L/100km to 15L/100km, depends on my right foot.

For the best city record (for a short distance), I fueled up 91 RON Shell and drove from Shell near Pancake Palour on Doncaster Road to Kew via Doncaster road only (not freeway). I got home at 9.7L/100km for those 6km. It was 9pm on Monday night, you see.

Watch the indicator when you drive (did I say that? :huh: ) You will learn how to drive lean.

Edited by Taka

apart from those already mentioned, how abt using less viscous engine oil like 5W-30. toyota's "original" oil is 10W-40.

but this will cost u more initially by bringing your own oil to the service, which is already fixed at $150

My last fuel consumption was 17.1l/100km. I drive just in a local area and the average speed around 20-25 km. And alway start and stop on the traffic. Please advise that fuel consumption is normal? Also, the tachometer never over "3".

My last fuel consumption was 17.1l/100km. I drive just in a local area and the average speed around 20-25 km. And alway start and stop on the traffic. Please advise that fuel consumption is normal? Also, the tachometer never over "3".

You said it. Stop and start is the worst for fuel consumption wise. It is not the braking or idling, but the accelerating part of the traffic.

So I now crawl under 10kmh (no brake or acceleration, but have the foot on the brake preparing to brake) and let the car roll very slowly to the car in front, and it is way better than get to tail end of the car in front by using accelerator and brake to stop. You will definite save lots of fuel if the traffic starts again before you reach the car in front - .... if you are a cyclist you will sort of understand what I mean; accelerate from 10kmh is much easier in terms of effort than from 0 kmh.

I am a nut trying to save a bit of fuel, I know, but I just have to compensate the heavy right foot that my wife has. But my wife is getting better, today she did 15.8L/100km inner city run.

So I think in a normal driving style, 17.1 is a good effort in traffic. Try to be smoother and limit the time you use the right foot (to brake or to accelerate). Good luck.

I wonder if I drive something the same in something like CX-9, what will I get...

I had some interesting (well for me at least) results on my way from Syd to Bri. I travelled (for the most part) at night and there was almost no traffic on the road. Filled the tank with 98 in Syd. On the Syd-Newcastle and beyond I had 10.0-10.1 for te most part of the road. Somewhere in between I refilled (just in case for I didn't know what's ahead) with just "premium unleaded" - whatever it was - at a country petrol station. Straight after that I had 11.0-11.2 for the rest of the way... until I topped up about 4 hrs from Bri with normal Caltex 98. Soon after that all the way to Bri I had 9.0-9.2. I didn't believe my own eyes so I took a picture of the screen... And the road seeemed to be plain - e.g. even number of up- and down-hills...

I was talking to someone recently who works at Caltex. She said to be careful of the independant chains selling fuel that might happen to say '98' on the bowser. It doesnt mean neccassarily that its 98 octane fuel.

In the case of my Lexus, im not supposed to run under 94 octane for the engine, hence why I had to be a little careful choosing petrol. (Caltex 95 ron seems to be very good for the car)

The interesting thing is, the fuel stocked at the 'shopper docket' stores is a lower grade of fuel. So even if you save a few cents at the bowser, you wont get as good mileage anyway. Same with the el cheapo chains.

You might as well cough up and pay more when you fill up, you'll get better mileage anyway.

How many kilometers can be done after a full tank of fuel?

Never enough! 350 City I think? With kids you do a lot of idling in life! :whistling:

Edited by PC XT

Kruzenvax.

That is not even a lot of miles to get that 9L/100km! I can beat that!

Highway I can do 8.1L/100km! haha.

As I said the car is good econ, if you have a good right foot. The margin is so huge between very light foote drive and very spirited drive that it is something that owners should be aware off.

I assume you mean how many KLM's can be done once the distance to empty says 0 klms and the fuel light is on which has not yet been addressed on this topic

I think there are at least 10 litres in the tank when this happens so you should be able to drive another 70 to 100 Klm's or more

It would be much better to get an acurate measure of what you have left like we get on our Pug where zero means zero!

Edited by capital

Not sure how the cruise range being calculated.

I suspect they record the average fuel consumption of the car and work the cruise range then.

10L is left when the fuel light is on. Last time I put 65L in it when it just light up.

Off topic I know, but that little screen also tells you when your windscreen wiper bottle needs refilling, must be big because I have never filled it up in nearly 6 months!

That is not even a lot of miles to get that 9L/100km! I can beat that!

Highway I can do 8.1L/100km! haha.

Being towed? :yahoo: :D :D

As I said the car is good econ, if you have a good right foot. The margin is so huge between very light foote drive and very spirited drive that it is something that owners should be aware off.

Provided I have the same foot as before - the car is good econ... but the bloody thing stole all the fun from driving!

But the ride is good - in my previous car I felt more tired goging from Syd to Snow Mountains than in this car - from Syd to Bri no stops (apart from refuelling).

I assume you mean how many KLM's can be done once the distance to empty says 0 klms and the fuel light is on which has not yet been addressed on this topic

I think there are at least 10 litres in the tank when this happens so you should be able to drive another 70 to 100 Klm's or more

It would be much better to get an acurate measure of what you have left like we get on our Pug where zero means zero!

Yes its annoying how they overstate everything. Whats the use of having a guage or reading that reports back the wrong information. Same goes for the speedo its not accurate at all, it always reads more than your true speed.

I personally think this causes more problems because you try and compensate for the innacuracy by stretching the grossly conservative indications.