Help - 04 Sportivo Cold Air Intake

Hi

i just bought an Injen CAI for an 04 Corolla Sportivo. The part number is RD2075 as listed in the parts number section of the forum.

I am having a lot of trouble fitting / lining up the intake tube.

Has anyone fitted one of these and can give me some hints or know of a workshop in Sydney that can fit one. I have followed all instructions given by Injen but just can't manouver the intake around to get it in the right position.

Also, if you have fitted a TRD intake, is it very hard to position the intake as well?

Thank you

its not too hard at all. it took me 2.5 hours to put in the TRD CAI and it was easy as to put into place after unbolted everything that was needed. eg airbox. then just mounting it on to the engine bay and rewiring the MAF. u cant do it unless u take the front bumper off

took us like 30 mins to get a trd cai in my 05 sportivo which is a much tighter fit then the 04 also u dont have to take off the front bumper just turn the wheel jack it up a bit take off the under cover =]

its not too hard at all. it took me 2.5 hours to put in the TRD CAI and it was easy as to put into place after unbolted everything that was needed. eg airbox. then just mounting it on to the engine bay and rewiring the MAF. u cant do it unless u take the front bumper off

You dont need to take the bumper off, but you need to remove the battery.

Northy and I have removed one and fitted the stock airbox back into the car in about 25-30 minutes in the dark with a mobile phone as a torch!!

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I fitted it last night. Drove the car this morning - very happy with the result.

Problem was that I was trying to fit the intake tube over the wiring loom that runs from from the fuse box to the engine so there was not enough room because the wiring loom was holding it back. Ended up lifting up the wiring loom and slipping the intake tube under the loom and it went in quite easily.

i needed to it was just alot easier for me plus i did some respraying of my bumper aswell

but i did have the american TRD CAI cause it is slightly differant but does the same job

Most of the TRD CAI's on cars here in Australia are from America dude. They're actually for the Matrix and the US Sedan.

Actually, all TRD CAI's are made in the US. All Injen and AEM ones too.

CES is aussie made, as is shift performance. Dont know about the others