paint job

ive been trying to fix some minor scratches in the body. problem is when i get the colour mixed it looks nuthing like my origional colour. the colour on the VIN plate is 8Q3 and it looks green and yet its a blue from factory, if anyone knows where i can get it almost looking stock. ive been countless times and spent hours trying to get the colour mixed and its driving me nuts :help:

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

You might find this helpful - http://www.toyotareference.com/#CO

Looks like we have the same colour car. I've been told it's a "steel blue" colour. Can't remember hte name of the code nor could I find it on that chart.

Have you thought aobut getting the Touch Up guys to "fix" that scratch? I too have a scratch on my front bumper and the Touch Up guys quoted me around $200 to get it fixed. Not bad imho. It's better than paying $800+ for something that could get scratched again the next day, month, year etc...

yeah i cant find the colour code anywhere but i am not paying for the scratches to be fixed luckely, thanks to parentals for that one!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

hey how are you mate?....yes iv had the same problem....my car colour is 8q3 aswell and iv bought a same mixed paint from auto-one and i got them to mix it a couple of more tyms and add paint to get it similar.......i had that same problem after i painted my front bumper it was a greenish colour totally different....so after that i went to autobarn in mount druit and they now mix paints for you so just go there and you can get a fresh new can and jst tell them the code 8q3 and your year model....because even at autobarn they had a coupl of codes and formulas so they tried 2 formula's and it was one of them.....so if u want to paint it yourself just go to autobarn and get the paint apart frm them there are some smash repairs shops i know which paint the bodykit and looks sweet for 300$......i hope that helps iv been through lots of trouble with this problem so if you need any other help feel free to ask........good luck

oh and p.s. if you want to get something from carmate make sure you check the if the kit fits straight away after you buy it from them....as sometimes they dont fit because they get other bodykits and customize it with some fibrglass to make it fit for a corolla

i went to auto one in ryde and they tryed un sucessfully i was there for hours for them to try and match the colour which was most annoying but ill just get the stuff done properly instead

Hi man

I'm from Belgium, and my Corolla is also 8Q3 and it is a really beautiful but cr*p colour for painting!!

I have a new front bumper, got it painted, but it looks nothing like the "original" colour...

There are several different shades of the 8Q3, and because it is a pearl colour, it is almost impossible to get the exact same colour...

The end of may, I'm getting the whole nose (bumper, hood, fenders) repainted and sprayed out so you won't see any difference in colour anymore...

anyway, good luck!

got a good quote to fix front bumper rear 1/4 snd rear bumper for $890 which is fantastic. but b4 i do that i was going to maybe get

http://carmate.com/product_details.php?pro...&p_id=11668

$890 sounds like alot... i just did a DIY job on my car over the last 2 weeks, the front bumper, front grill, back bumper, and mud flaps, all for about $300... i just finished the cut and polish yesterday.. turned out good. but it's not a job for the faint hearted..

if you have done it before or keen to try it'll be heaps cheaper..

i put it on the actual bumper and waited for it to dry it was alot darker than that of the origional colour which was somewhat weird. i have just given up trying to do the spraying it just wont match colour :(:(:(:(:(