My New Ride

BONDIE

Hey guys just got me a Aurion, thought i would join your forum. Havent done much to it yet, tinted the windows and put some 20's on it, will have to lower and put a sports exhaust on, next. Also chasing a custom billet grill from America, (lets you know how i go with that one) Yeah I Wanted a model without the jazz of the sports kit or spoiler. When i investigated the different models, i pretty much had two choices, the model at the top end and the model at the bottom end. There was the prodigy but i would have to rip the rear spoiler off and fill in the holes. So to give me some room to move with the additional extra's im looking at, i had to go the bottom end. Still happy with my choice though. Im going for more of a sleek look, as i have dabbled in about 5 cars in the last 9 months. Everything from a Explorer with 24" wheels to a 1971 convertible with a worked 318. But so far im happy with the Aurion, its a nice ride. Ive only got one photo so far, camera went dead, put some more on in a couple of days.

Cheers

Bondie.

Bondie:-

Welcome aboard mate .... nice car I like the colour. It'll look good when you drop it down a bit. custom billet grill? interesting .... might have to google that one :)

[/quote

Thanks mate, there is some very good reading amongst these forums.

Edited by BONDIE

Beautiful :toast:

Good choice of colour and wheels.

Welcome to TOCAU. There is a thread with a video of an Aurion with a Varex exhaust, sounds like a Ferrari, check that out ;)

Sweet as, thanks dude. That sounds awesome. Im getting my beast lowered this saturday, then exhaust job hopefully within the next couple of weeks. But the Varex exhaust sounds on the money.

Cheers

Bondie

man, those wheels are hot hot hot!!!

what brand/model are they and how much?

Thanks mate, yeah when i was looking for the wheels i was thinking along the lines of a more sleek look. My last vehicle when i was in townsville had 24" chrome on a black explorer and it looked real hot. actually i have had mostly - chromies on all my vehicles, and even though chrome looks good, I dont think the bling bling look would have suited this vehicle.

The wheels brand is Koya / Inox Range / style is Vizzo

Sizes availale: 19 x 8.5

19 x 9.5 (my size)

20 x 8.5

20 x 10 (deeper dish but wouldnt fit the Aurion unless did some body work on guards)

Tyres: Toyo, 245/35/20 (went for Toyo, even though they are a medium range brand, they are a little bit softer which equals a smoother ride).

Website: www.koya.com.au (I went down to Acaica ridge and looked at the wheel in person at their warehouse, as no one had it in their window stock. this option is available.)

Cost: $2900.00 with tyres / $1700.00 without tyres at Keith 4 Wheels Springwood, includes balance and wheel alignment. - or - $2600.00 at Spin City tyres, ( i think spin city are in Sydney though, plus add $100.00 for delivery and im unsure what type of tyres you would get. ) But for ease of convience i went local, just incase any problems raised their dirty heads.

This is the cheapest in brissy, with this range of tyre, i hunted about 8 quotes from brisbane dealers and for this Rim and tyre package, Keith was the cheapest.

The Rim Koya Inox Vizzo, is a structured from the Brand design Forgiato Vizzo. If you are looking for some hot rims, 3 piece, built with quality, and have $5000.00 to burn (includes tyres), Forgiato range of wheels, i think are the best out there. Have a look at this site when you get time, www.forgiato.com, and go to galley. You will see some hot rims on some hot cars.

And if you wanted to purchase these Forgiato rims, jackbakertyres and tempetyres can get them in.

The picture of the rim is Koya Brand (20 x 10), and the picture of the Merc is the Forgiato brand.

Well dude i hope this helps, better get back to work before the boss has my nuts.

Cheers

Bondie

Edited by BONDIE

Wheels look very nice, good choice!

When I first saw them they kind of reminded me of a particular wheel the company I work for sell (see below).

Cheers Sanz, I was looking at some of the ANZ versions, and your right, they have some sweet stock available. Its always time consuming and a hard choice when picking wheels, when there are so many various designs available these days. But its all worth it in the end.

Cheers.

Bondie

tight ride!! lower it more :P:P.. will look better! :P.. hows the comfy like?? with 20" and is it lowered??

Cheers dude. The "comfy" with the 20" is good. When looking for tyres, I was looking for a more softer tyre. Even though the tyre might not last as long as some, its definately worth it. You should have seen my 24" on my old explorer, holy **** that was a rough ride (sacafriced looks for comfort there). But yeah if you pick a good tyre you wont know much of a difference. On my XR6 ute i had Nankangs on my 20", and even though people keep telling me they have come a long way from what they used to be, as a personal choice i dont lrate them. They handle good around corners, but rough as guts, make road pebbles feel like bouders.

Dude i get my suspension done tommorrow, ill let ya know if there is any major differnce in the ride afterwards. They will drop it about 50mm, so I hope for apperance sakes, i dont sacafrice the comfortability of the ride again. Fingers crossed.

:BONDIE: