TOCAU changing

Steve

TOCAU Features  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if a chat option pops up, i personally wouldnt bother with it.

That's because you aren't an epic whore like some of us here. I'd say that's a 'good' quality to have :)

certainly wont hurt either me being the part time whore on here lol!

Why do we need either of those things on here???

Reasons for not having them:

Anti Blog:

1. This is not a myspace etc. As demonstrated yesterday - if people start blogging, they will abuse it. It will give people a space to write whatever they want for the sake of being an exhibitionist.

2. Moderators will then lose control of standards. If they choose to start moderating users personal blogs, then the whole point of a blog has been lost.

3. Anyone who is friends with anyone on here, probably already knows them in person, or at least has some external contact details. Personal conversations should remain personal - not broadcast on a public forum.

Anti Chatroom:

4. A chat room would limit the discussion only to users who were there at the time. People will get lazy and stop posting constructive messages for all to respond to.

5. A chat room is 'live'. Moderators cannot be present at all times - again, as demonstrated yesterday, some people just love posting whatever they want without prior consideration. Without a moderator, a hectic chatroom will turn into a fight full of:

"omgomglolololz STFU if you dont like STFU leave her alone, helllooooo why wont anyone talk to me, STFU" etc etc

6. Newbies will completely avoid posting messages, and therefore avoid formal flaming. You cannot control so many people at any one time - leaving the chat room open to constant attacks from noobs wanting to sell goods or get 'sik info on turboz' etc.

No Blog, No Chat Room. Keep this place objective :angry:

Why do we need either of those things on here???

Reasons for not having them:

Anti Blog:

1. This is not a myspace etc. As demonstrated yesterday - if people start blogging, they will abuse it. It will give people a space to write whatever they want for the sake of being an exhibitionist.

2. Moderators will then lose control of standards. If they choose to start moderating users personal blogs, then the whole point of a blog has been lost.

3. Anyone who is friends with anyone on here, probably already knows them in person, or at least has some external contact details. Personal conversations should remain personal - not broadcast on a public forum.

Anti Chatroom:

4. A chat room would limit the discussion only to users who were there at the time. People will get lazy and stop posting constructive messages for all to respond to.

5. A chat room is 'live'. Moderators cannot be present at all times - again, as demonstrated yesterday, some people just love posting whatever they want without prior consideration. Without a moderator, a hectic chatroom will turn into a fight full of:

"omgomglolololz STFU if you dont like STFU leave her alone, helllooooo why wont anyone talk to me, STFU" etc etc

6. Newbies will completely avoid posting messages, and therefore avoid formal flaming. You cannot control so many people at any one time - leaving the chat room open to constant attacks from noobs wanting to sell goods or get 'sik info on turboz' etc.

No Blog, No Chat Room. Keep this place objective :angry:

SOmehow, i kinda agree... definitely out of control...

a chat room will allow quicker access to questions and discussions..however I am sort of liking the old forum+posting format as the answers will be more specific and most likely have mature responses.

tough one...

however, I dont know..Iam happy either way lol.....just see what happens

a chat room will allow quicker access to questions and discussions..however I am sort of liking the old forum+posting format as the answers will be more specific and most likely have mature responses.

tough one...

however, I dont know..Iam happy either way lol.....just see what happens

The 'Search' button is the most under-rated function of the entire forum. :toast:

If I can't find the info that I wanted for the Goose, then I'd post. If I knew that the topic had been touched on a little bit before, I'd PM the member who may have an idea and hopefully they would point me in the right direction.

Senior TOCA members FTW!

Edited by RME1

• 4 weeks later...

what about if the chat room opened at certain times? chat fest for a few hours! not a 24 hour thing.

I have ran chat rooms before, they are successful if set for certain evenings, it a good laugh.

I am also looking into a Wiki so that all the useful stuff will get archived in the wiki such as How to's and tips.

I know i promised this lot a while ago but i still have serious internet issues and awaiting a new cable to be laid through my garden. I need to ensure my net access is reliable as i have to upgrade the boards first, then blog, gallery update.. with these issues, if it messes up halfway then could have some issues with the forum software and be messy. Plus i am getting such poor upload speeds its crazy.

So I will probably try and do most in one day over a weekend when i have time to be around to fix any issues.

what about if the chat room opened at certain times? chat fest for a few hours! not a 24 hour thing.

I have ran chat rooms before, they are successful if set for certain evenings, it a good laugh.

I am also looking into a Wiki so that all the useful stuff will get archived in the wiki such as How to's and tips.

I know i promised this lot a while ago but i still have serious internet issues and awaiting a new cable to be laid through my garden. I need to ensure my net access is reliable as i have to upgrade the boards first, then blog, gallery update.. with these issues, if it messes up halfway then could have some issues with the forum software and be messy. Plus i am getting such poor upload speeds its crazy.

So I will probably try and do most in one day over a weekend when i have time to be around to fix any issues.

/clap

You going to the national meet Steve? Still time to book a flight :ph34r: