Took delivery of my new Presara today

Quark

Hi All,

Took delivery of my new Presara this afternoon,ordered on 24th March, Sakana Silver with Sandstone upholstery.

Has a bonnet protector, boot spoiler, boot-liner & scuff protector and tinted windows. At this early stage every thing look great.

When I ordered the car I was most adamant that it should have V14 of the SatNav DVD. When I picked the car up the dealer was stressing out because a V13 booklet was in with the Nav system owners manual and he thought it had the V13 DVD but when I turned on the unit the DVD display showed it to be V14. I ejected the DVD an it is labelled V14.

The Sandstone interior looks stunning and the car was presented for delivery in immaculate condition. This is the 4th Toyota we have brought from this dealer, all of them we gave names. We traded in Andrew Avalon on the Presara they asked us what the name of the new family member would be, we told them Albert and when we arrived today they had made up a plaque with Albert Aurion on it displayed on a stand beside our car along with a nice bottle of red.

Tonight I went on-line and registered at Toyota link and then went out and sat in Alby having a marvellous conversation with some nice young thing, it sounded like she was in the back seat, to activate Toyota link. This is definitely the coolest car I have ever owned.

Regards

Quark

Congratulations on the purchase of yet another Toyota. I'm sure Andrew will be missed and I'm sure he served you well during his life in Broken Hill ... now you have Alby and he too has great expectations placed upon him to shine through as yet another fine member of the Toyota family. Excellent choice and looking forward to the pics that may follow. Cheers and welcome to Alby :)

Hi All,

Took delivery of my new Presara this afternoon,ordered on 24th March, Sakana Silver with Sandstone upholstery.

Has a bonnet protector, boot spoiler, boot-liner & scuff protector and tinted windows. At this early stage every thing look great.

When I ordered the car I was most adamant that it should have V14 of the SatNav DVD. When I picked the car up the dealer was stressing out because a V13 booklet was in with the Nav system owners manual and he thought it had the V13 DVD but when I turned on the unit the DVD display showed it to be V14. I ejected the DVD an it is labelled V14.

The Sandstone interior looks stunning and the car was presented for delivery in immaculate condition. This is the 4th Toyota we have brought from this dealer, all of them we gave names. We traded in Andrew Avalon on the Presara they asked us what the name of the new family member would be, we told them Albert and when we arrived today they had made up a plaque with Albert Aurion on it displayed on a stand beside our car along with a nice bottle of red.

Tonight I went on-line and registered at Toyota link and then went out and sat in Alby having a marvellous conversation with some nice young thing, it sounded like she was in the back seat, to activate Toyota link. This is definitely the coolest car I have ever owned.

Regards

Quark

You have one hell of a Toyota Dealer on your hands there!! Good on 'em to!!!

Have fun with your car, Im sure you will be very pleased!

Wow, that is fantastic service :clap: people here always seem to complain about Toyota service (often rightly so) but those who get great service keep it quiet as though it's expected. What did you do with the plaque? Being a loyal customer certainly seems to have done you some good here.

Great marketing from Toyota in this case.

Congrats on your purchase :D

Congrats on the arrival of Albert :toast::toast: I used to have a sigma called Boris. Now what name should i give my Corolla? :yahoo: Welcome and great to hear of the excellent service you have recieved from Toyota :toast::toast: Pics please

Hi All,

Regards

Quark

Greetings All,

Albert settled in quite well on the first night in his new home. I should have also mentioned in my original post that, as Albert is so flash we also gave him a middle name "Percival".

What a top idea Toyota have with the console lid, designing it to slide forward, making it just so comfortable as an armrest.

Attached are our first images of Albert, taken this morning. It is very hard to capture the colour, Sakana Silver photographically. It changes, depending on the level of light. It doesn't look silver at all, sort of more a pastel shade of green, but in these photo's it looks silver, we like it.

Regards

The proud new parents

post-7721-1210212487_thumb.jpg

post-7721-1210213035_thumb.jpg

post-7721-1210213082_thumb.jpg

post-7721-1210213133_thumb.jpg

post-7721-1210213172_thumb.jpg

post-7721-1210213226_thumb.jpg

post-7721-1210213255_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on the purchase of yet another Toyota. I'm sure Andrew will be missed and I'm sure he served you well during his life in Broken Hill ... now you have Alby and he too has great expectations placed upon him to shine through as yet another fine member of the Toyota family. Excellent choice and looking forward to the pics that may follow. Cheers and welcome to Alby :)

Hi DavoP,

Andrew was sold before the dealership received him, another local bought him. He rang me and I told him about Andrew's history. It turned out that I went to school with this character 50 yrs ago. He assured me that Andrew was going to a good home.

Regards

Quark

Haha.... Albert Aurion. :clap:

Love it!! Perhaps I should name mine Clive Corolla... I've always wanted to call something Clive... :P

Photos of the newborn, please??

Hi Leroy,

Clive has got a bit of character about it, why not.

All of my cars have seemed to have a bit a character, they sort of demand a bit more recognition than just, "the Toyota".

Quark

Congrats on the arrival of Albert :toast::toast: I used to have a sigma called Boris. Now what name should i give my Corolla? :yahoo: Welcome and great to hear of the excellent service you have recieved from Toyota :toast::toast: Pics please

Hi 1rocky,

Boris is good and why not name the Corolla. We had a family conflab about Albert. We came up with a list of male and female names, ended up being Albert.

Quark

Albert Pervical toyota you are great :toast::toast::toast: Havent found a suitable name for my corolla yet possibly Mabel :yahoo: I need suggestions :toast:

Hi 1rocky,

How about Caroline Corolla or Kylie Corolla. Are you sure your Corolla has a female disposition?

Wouldn't want to give it an identity crisis.

Regards

Quark

Well done with your purchase and well done to the dealer who sold you the car. It's extremely rare to find any dealer wishing to go the extra mile, they all should when buying a new car of the $$$ value. There is no dealer in Adelaide who would even consider doing the same, they rather take your money and run with it (****holes).

Hopefully your new ride will be trouble free and unlike mine with it more at the dealership then with me getting repairs done to it.

Edited by BlueAurionSX6

Well done with your purchase and well done to the dealer who sold you the car. It's extremely rare to find any dealer wishing to go the extra mile, they all should when buying a new car of the $$$ value. There is no dealer in Adelaide who would even consider doing the same, they rather take your money and run with it (****holes).

Hopefully your new ride will be trouble free and unlike mine with you more then at the dealership getting repairs done to it.

Hi Blue,

I truly sympathise with you. Since joining this forum I have followed your struggle.

Maybe in the big cities, with so many dealerships, they may get a bit impersonal, after all their customer base is quite large and really they just want to sell the car and then fob you off. That said there must be some, good city dealers.

In Broken Hill there is only one Toyota dealer, it is a small community and pretty well everyone knows everyone else. We actually talk to one another.

If a car dealer here gives crap service then the word travels fast, if they want to stay in business they have to offer good service. The lack of competition in such remote areas as this means that we don't get the discounted prices that I read about on this forum, but I was prepared to fore go that in exchange for the level of service I am confident of getting in Broken Hill over the life of my vehicle, based on the experience with three other Toyota's over the last 22 yrs bought from this dealership.

Regards

Quark

I truly sympathise with you. Since joining this forum I have followed your struggle.

I need all i can get. The troubles with the car continue. I emailed Toyota for the 6th time and finally i have a meeting at Toyota's SA Regional Office this Wednesday and i have written a 5 page report about all the problems i have had with the car. I again doubt they will replace the car but i do hope they do, as they should of when all the problems began when it was just 1 week old. Consumer Affairs are also on the case pending the outcome this Wednesday.