Corolla Sportivo Stock Springs

Does corolla sportivo come stock with king springs?

Is the corolla sportivo stock springs lower than normal corolla stock springs? and how much by?

Is it worth it to put sportivo stock springs in a normal corolla?

Does corolla sportivo come stock with king springs?

Is the corolla sportivo stock springs lower than normal corolla stock springs? and how much by?

Is it worth it to put sportivo stock springs in a normal corolla?

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Buy Lovells / Pedders / Kings / Whiteline / Tein etc. They come in various drops, the most common being 35mm or 50mm (if you want your car to sit nice and low).

Changing the shocks is recommended with a 50mm drop.

If you're in melb. ill have super king lows for sale soon :)

OMGWTFBBQ?! When are you getting your coils Alex??

By the way, Wenny, if you go to the home page and scroll down, there is a banner saying Suspension and Brakes, once in that section, look up and see the SEARCH button. Read up a little before asking, just a tip :)

If you're in melb. ill have super king lows for sale soon :)

OMGWTFBBQ?! When are you getting your coils Alex??

By the way, Wenny, if you go to the home page and scroll down, there is a banner saying Suspension and Brakes, once in that section, look up and see the SEARCH button. Read up a little before asking, just a tip :)

Yeh i just wanted a quick reply

I got a set of spring here with me, they are grey.

The person i bought it off, he said it came off a sportivo and its king spring. The part number is pzq81 12020.

Anyone got any ideas?

How do i find out how low the springs are compared to stock?

The person i bought it off, he said it came off a sportivo and its king spring. The part number is pzq81 12020.

Thats the part number for the Sportivo option spring from Toyota. From memory it lowers by something in the 20mm range.

Thats the part number for the Sportivo option spring from Toyota. From memory it lowers by something in the 20mm range.

Yep that's right

Guest ddonggae
So basically they bring a sportivo back down to the height of a normal corolla LOL

sportivo is higher standard than a normal corolla ??

So basically they bring a sportivo back down to the height of a normal corolla LOL

sportivo is higher standard than a normal corolla ??

Yeah by 10-15mm. Different suspension to the 1ZZ cars.

Guest ddonggae

common sense says that the sports model (sportivo) should sit lower you would think.

could the reason behindtoyotas decision be roll center or something ??

common sense says that the sports model (sportivo) should sit lower you would think.

could the reason behindtoyotas decision be roll center or something ??

Nah I think the springs are a stiffer and the shocks have a bit more stroke... Though I have nothing to back that up. Keep in mind Sportivo was built by the Saffa's and the 1ZZ's built by the Japanese.

Could be many reasons. They might have wanted a longer stroke length, thought most people might be more willing to load more people in over the zze122, or the test driver said it was better being slightly higher for whatever reason he liked.

Keep in mind Sportivo was built by the Saffa's and the 1ZZ's built by the Japanese.

But build quality is NOT the reason for the ride height difference. Please remember that the South African's only built the Sportivo, the parts were still designed and manufactured in Japan.

The South African's were only the assemblers....

Points to note...

• Sportivo standard ride height is 10-15mm HIGHER than 1ZZ models.
  • Sportivo 'Option' springs were designed to bring the SPortivo the a ride height similar to that of the 1ZZ models (no drop rate was ever advertised with them)
  • Sportivo standard setup is a stiffer combo that the 1ZZ standard setup
  • Stock Sportivo shocks work well with a 30mm drop
  • Greater than 30mm drop will require new shocks or you will blow the a$$ out of them
  • Most insurance companies will not insure Corollas (any ZZE12x) with a drop of greater than 30mm as this will reduce your ride height to less than the legal 100mm for most states, so shop around