I got one!

Iwantone

Need to change my name now :yahoo: put a deposit on a KX-R ex demo 7 seater AWD Sage Green with 3000km drive away $40,000 with 13 months reg. Downside is that the car is nearly 12mths old but as we plan to keep it for 10 years or so this really does not make much difference in the long run. Upside is that we got an AWD, something we didnt think we would get in our price range. Its also in my fave colour. Car looks brand new.

Just hope we got a good deal now, and that its a good car.

Who would have thought spending $40,000 would be so hard!

:yahoo::toast::yahoo:

Well done and you do need to change your screen name.

I read the thread twice and did not see what colour you get ;)... EDIT: oh pardon me... Green ewwww.

Edited by Taka

I read the thread twice and did not see what colour you get ;)... EDIT: oh pardon me... Green ewwww.

Hey! Easy Taka! :)

May I say welcome to the Sage Green club - its a very distinguished and elite club. :toast:

You did well to get both the 7 seats and AWD for that price I think. And yeah, if you're planning to keep it for a while, the resale wont be an issue. Ours is a 2007 build too.

May I say welcome to the Sage Green club - its a very distinguished and elite club. :toast:

You did well to get both the 7 seats and AWD for that price I think. And yeah, if you're planning to keep it for a while, the resale wont be an issue. Ours is a 2007 build too.

Green is a colour you either love or hate ;) and it really would have been the colour I picked if I had a choice. I love the fact that its not the most selected colour. Have driven a white commodore wagon for 8 years and it seems so does a large majority of the population. There are 3 cars the same in my street alone! looking forward to getting something a little "different".

Thanks for the welcome :P

I read the thread twice and did not see what colour you get ;) ... EDIT: oh pardon me... Green ewwww.

Welcome and congratulations. Sage Green is very special colour and as Scott_C pointed out, you are now memeber of a very special Sage Green Club. Our car is also 2007 build, we plan to keep it for a while hence resale value should not ne an issue particularly if you look after the car. Once again, congratulations

Green is a colour you either love or hate ;) and it really would have been the colour I picked if I had a choice. I love the fact that its not the most selected colour. Have driven a white commodore wagon for 8 years and it seems so does a large majority of the population. There are 3 cars the same in my street alone! looking forward to getting something a little "different".

Thanks for the welcome :P

After driving a commy for 8 yrs your gona just love your new beast.

I've always had commodores upgraded to new every two or three yrs and the change to Kluger AWD keeps me smiling every day.

I'm over the additional cost to our family, althought it was a hard decision at first to break away from the cheaper commodores.

I can now launch my boat at any water level at the several local weir ramps or even of the dirt ramps. That was primary reason for the shift to the AWD.

Mine was onroad last Nov 2007 and build date of Aug 2007.

Don't let the 2007 build date worry you the slightest. When your cruising down a dirt track or on the tar, it's the last thing on your mind.

My neighbours old man has the green and it looks the goods in style.

Enjoy the beast along with the good price. I too will keep mine for a while, till retirement in 10.5 yr 4months and 16 days.

Then upgrade it to another Kluger or Prado depending on what I need to tow at such time.

Enjoy the beast.

Edited by fish475

• 3 weeks later...

Finally picked up the car last week. Hubby and I just LOVE IT!!!! :yahoo: The 3 kids seats fit in better than expected and its a dream to drive. Still a couple of issues that the dealer needs to sort. Totally disappointed with them and would never go back but in the end I got the car I wanted in our price range. Still getting use to seeing how much fuel I use when I put my foot down. I am now driving like a Nanna (remember I had a commodore so I use to drive it like it was stolen!) Not looking forward to washing it, its HUGE.

:toast::yahoo::toast:

And we should be getting ours next Sat/Sun!!1...can't CAN't WAIT!!!.....:)

btw, anyone knows how much would the boot rubber mat cost? any where we can look for 3rd party products??

Thanks!