Help... Coilovers

nzdude08

Hey guys,

newbie here

I have a 2004 Corolla Wags ZZE122R 1.8 VVT-i, sitting on 18x7.5" rims

Got to the stage where I can afford coilovers.

Only problem is that I live in NZ and dont want to pay double the price

Looking at the Tein side of things, because I wont touch D2's had to many mates snap struts etc

Where would be the best place in Aus to buy them from. Internet order prefered and what Tein line should I go down

Cheers

Nick

What makes you think we don't pay double the price? :lol:

TEIN will be much better for the wagon because all the TEIN products for the ZZE series were specifically designed for the wagonist culture. Here are some part numbers direct from the 2008 TEIN catalogue:

Super Flex Wagon (NEW): GSL54-R1SS3. Y173,000

Basic Flex Wagon (NEW): GSL54-T1SS2. Y129,000

GT Wagon: GSL54-E1SS3. Y168,000

Super Wagon: DSY60-91SS3. Y140,000

Basic Wagon: GSY60-J1SS2. Y97,000

Got a quote from Alan at NextMod for Super Wagons, somewhere around $1700 delivered to Australia. Try NextMod.com.au or Nengun or Perfect Run.

Shop around ;)

I've now discovered that Tein and Cusco are uber, based on the fact that the Japanese make them. Now the Japanese are better at refining a product because they are smarter that other people, AND they're shorter, so that puts them 'closer' to the work.

Therefore, the other line you can take (depending on shipping of course) is the route of Cusco. The Zero 1's would be around the same price, if not cheaper delivered to you perhaps (I'm buying a set myself to replace my D2's later on this year).

Good luck with it ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just heating up some Saki and sitting down to watch Takeshi's Castle.

JDM ftw.

Can I also got a question here?

While comapring schemes of suspension got realsed that ZRE152H = ZRE151H (last one with 1.5 engine)

Are any Tein products, fits my Auris? - Find out that ZRE130L (USA sedan) got similar parts in suspension, but don't know exaclty.. I do want coil overs for my car :(

I've now discovered that Tein and Cusco are uber, based on the fact that the Japanese make them. Now the Japanese are better at refining a product because they are smarter that other people, AND they're shorter, so that puts them 'closer' to the work.

Therefore, the other line you can take (depending on shipping of course) is the route of Cusco. The Zero 1's would be around the same price, if not cheaper delivered to you perhaps (I'm buying a set myself to replace my D2's later on this year).

Good luck with it ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just heating up some Saki and sitting down to watch Takeshi's Castle.

JDM ftw.

Nelson you forgot F&F 3 Tokyo Drift Over rev second gear 4.

Speaking from experience if you would like just a street application, I'd reco Tein super wagon.

If you would also like to track, then def Cusco Zero 2.

While comapring schemes of suspension got realsed that ZRE152H = ZRE151H (last one with 1.5 engine)

Are any Tein products, fits my Auris? - Find out that ZRE130L (USA sedan) got similar parts in suspension, but don't know exaclty.. I do want coil overs for my car :(

Dude we are talking about ZZE chassis... I don't know about your ZRE chassis, that's why I didn't answer your question in this thread http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=15376. If you read that thread again you will see I already got all the part numbers out of the TEIN catalogue that correspond to the ZRE chassis. We are still not sure if all the ZRE parts are interchangable

Dude we are talking about ZZE chassis... I don't know about your ZRE chassis, that's why I didn't answer your question in this thread http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=15376. If you read that thread again you will see I already got all the part numbers out of the TEIN catalogue that correspond to the ZRE chassis. We are still not sure if all the ZRE parts are interchangable

I've re-read the topic again and dunno about ZRE142 - it's not my chasis, or you mean, thant ZRE all the same?

Thanks for reply )

I've re-read the topic again and dunno about ZRE142 - it's not my chasis, or you mean, thant ZRE all the same?

Thanks for reply )

Yeah because with the ZZE series, coilovers are interchangable for hatch, sedan and wagon. We aren't sure about ZRE hatch and sedan yet cos none of the new Corolla ppl have found out...

Gulp

May have to have a rethink or rob a bank

Teins are definatley out of the picture for me

Had a look at the Tanabe website but couldnt seem to find anything about a zze122 fitment

I never thought I would say this but the D2 route has arisen from the parts grave....gulp

Any ideas on sourcing them from OZ?

Most retailers in NZ are well complete noobs. NZ still hasnt come to terms with modifying newish cars other than the likely boosters and v8s

Sad I know, hopefully someday it will turn around

Cheers for you help though guys

Don't resort to that just yet...

Tanabe Pro GF: GGZE122GK

They're good quality and competitively priced, no damping adjustment though.

There's also Tanabe Pro NF which gives you greater height adjustability but probably too stiff for wagon

If you can't afford decent coilovers then go with koni adjustables and a good spring combo. It will be about the price of cheap coilovers without the worry about them stuffing up in a short space of time.

If you can't afford decent coilovers then go with koni adjustables and a good spring combo. It will be about the price of cheap coilovers without the worry about them stuffing up in a short space of time.

This should be a lot more comfortable day to day than coilovers, no?

If you're soft and grandpa spec, then yes :P :lol:

I haven't had experience with the Koni's and King springs but I believe they would be good for the street, better then coilovers IMO.

I have recently been changing light bulbs for my brothers Subaru Liberty B4 and that thing is awesome around the corners on the street!! Its standard too, only thing is that although being standard they use Bilstein shock/spring combo!!

I'm turning my D2's into a coffee table for a reason, because that's all they're going to be good for.

LOL they might not even bo good for that, unless your loungeroom floor is on a slope :D

I haven't had experience with the Koni's and King springs but I believe they would be good for the street, better then coilovers IMO.

I have recently been changing light bulbs for my brothers Subaru Liberty B4 and that thing is awesome around the corners on the street!! Its standard too, only thing is that although being standard they use Bilstein shock/spring combo!!

The AUDM Teins or the Cusco Zero 1's would be better than a koni / king combination hands down I'd say. The reports I've heard from how streetable they are good, especially coming from people in Sydney / Brisbane :ph34r:

Leroy you are judging coilovers on the basis of Rob's car.

You will find mine more comfy when you drive my car B)

Agreed.

Dude, the track rated D2's were forged in the bowels of Hell (most likely the dodgy part, where you always get rolled by thug demons).

Agreed.

Dude, the track rated D2's were forged in the bowels of Hell (most likely the dodgy part, where you always get rolled by thug demons).

At least you have 120 and a half killer wasps :(