TRD

i know this will have been covered before many times.......................

i can see from a lot of your 2zz-ge corollas you have fitted cold air intakes. Here in the UK we only seem to get fiter cones that sit in the place of the original airbox - sitting in a nice hot engine bay. The most popular over here seems to be the K&N Typhoon which comes with a solid intake pipe but still located on place of the original airbox.

The only TRD option we get over here in a replacement panel filter. i was considering using one of these as i have already unrestricted the original airbox which made a noticeable improvement. I have seen a post where a TRD CAI is mentioned............ could anyone who has one fitted post a couple of pictures of the installation to see if it would fit on my T Sport. I think this would be a better solution as i gather it locates the filter in a cooler place.

Thanks

Mike

i did a search on the forum and found the fitting guide............

thats the sort of location it should be - was at a big Evo tuners over here and seen thats where a lot of there filters had been located. Did you find good gains from locating the filter in front of the fog light? does anyone know if these give better gains over set-ups like the K&N Typhoon?

narh, its toyota sport

they get the 2 door models though

the other is tsport compressor, the supercharged one >.<

best to go through an importer, part numbers can be found lying around the site

pretty sure they'll fit

where was your car manufactured?

Edited by bonbon-2zzge

I was hoping TRD in Japan made them - wonder why they don't?

Our T Sport is the same as your Sportivio - but our 2zz-ge's are made in North Wales and the cars assembeled here in the UK.

Not sure what route to take - pretty sure i dont want a Typhoon or Blitz SUS, well anything that draws its air from the engine bay. A TOC UK member achieved 201bhp at the flywheel with a Typhoon and TTE b/box.

Has anyone made a custom intake utilising the original airbox?

Mike

Cold air's improvement is felt from 4k onwards. You do loose a little in the lower ranges.

Short ram would be for the earlier punch, still has a great sound as it is closer to the bay.

It's upto you what you would like to achieve.

AE102 - Try and find a TRD Cold air intake on Ebay. A few of my friends have these cars and they also have cold air intakes down to the foglight.

A very good mod, gives you great response and noticeable power increase after 4k and especialy after 6k, and the noise is wicked too.

AE102 - Try and find a TRD Cold air intake on Ebay. A few of my friends have these cars and they also have cold air intakes down to the foglight.

A very good mod, gives you great response and noticeable power increase after 4k and especialy after 6k, and the noise is wicked too.

i like it to much. that is all turk

• 2 weeks later...

where's the post with the vid link gone? cant believe all that extra from a CAI? sounds much better then others i've heard (not CAI's). my lift is well smoothed out but you couldnt even notice the change on that, seemed much more responsive.......... thats what im after :D Does anyone have the TRD backbox/muffler fitted?

Edited by AE102

Most here in Australia run the CES cat back systems on their Sportivos or a brand name replacement rear muffler. As far as CAi's go there are plenty of option as well as the TRD one. CES make one for 1zz and 2zz, AEM, Injen to name a few others.