Just bought a 2001 toyota celica gts and need help!!

gusmeister!!!!

hey guys wats up just bought my self a celuca gt-s 1.8l its an awesome car love the horse power too but wat can i do to up the torque?! i really need it cuz my friend thinks his scion tc is way better than my celica when still everyone is telling him that my car is better! well yea if u guys can please give me some advice on the torque id really appreciate it . thanx

changing cold air intake will help, and i use AEM. Then you need muffler like TRD or Fujitsubo.

The best website for Celica is www.newcelica.org :)

But if you really want massive increase in tourqe, then greddy supercharger is the answer :)

changing cold air intake will help, and i use AEM. Then you need muffler like TRD or Fujitsubo.

The best website for Celica is www.newcelica.org :)

But if you really want massive increase in tourqe, then greddy supercharger is the answer :)

Or if you have some coin go Blitz, FMIC FTW :yahoo::toast:

COme visit us at ozcelica.com :P

Torque is pretty hard to get out of a celica, friend of my has powergetter exhaust and its good low end up to about 7000rpm he says. I have a kazuma replica exhaust and I love it, goes well the my injen cai. You wont get much torque from a celica unless supercharging. Rotex or blitz is the way to go. Pretty sure there is a blitz one for sale on ozcelica.com atm for around $4g

Torque is pretty hard to get out of a celica, friend of my has powergetter exhaust and its good low end up to about 7000rpm he says. I have a kazuma replica exhaust and I love it, goes well the my injen cai. You wont get much torque from a celica unless supercharging. Rotex or blitz is the way to go. Pretty sure there is a blitz one for sale on ozcelica.com atm for around $4g

Shame we can't get many of the new Celica owners on this forum considering that the powerplant between the Celicas and Corollas is pretty much the same. As Magyar said with your best bet is the usual exhaust/intake with mild gains, S/C for serious improvmen. I know with our Sportivos a good set of headers can really help with the mid range torque.

Out of curisoity, what are the stock headers like in the Celica GT-S?

Shame we can't get many of the new Celica owners on this forum considering that the powerplant between the Celicas and Corollas is pretty much the same. As Magyar said with your best bet is the usual exhaust/intake with mild gains, S/C for serious improvmen. I know with our Sportivos a good set of headers can really help with the mid range torque.

Out of curisoity, what are the stock headers like in the Celica GT-S?

stock headers are okay, going to get mine ported and ceramic coated soon. Mate of mine has ppe headers on his celica with power getter exhaust injen cai and stripped car. We have raced a few times and he is only a little bit faster than me, but his car has no back seats lol and 15 inch rims, while I have full interior plus 16 inch wheels.

But have heard some after market headers are worse than OEM for celicas.

My limited experience indicates that the Piper Stage 2 cams are the single best mod for 2zz-ge midrange increase.

Neil

Yes but if he lives in Australia good luck finding some.MWR is about the only place and they cost an arm and leg.

My limited experience indicates that the Piper Stage 2 cams are the single best mod for 2zz-ge midrange increase.

Neil

Yes but if he lives in Australia good luck finding some.MWR is about the only place and they cost an arm and leg.

Haha

I know someone who has sourced them :ph34r:

Must have several extra limbs then :lol: