Insurance

gaz

Hi Guys

My first post ;)

I'm looking a buying a stivo in the next couple of months, upgrade from my old 1990 corolla hatch :blink:

Just wondering what you guys are paying for insurance and who are you with ?

I'm yet to still phone around and get some quotes.

Thanks again

Gaz

im paying 3500 ...... but this may b due to a slight incident a few years back when i wrote off my EXA :blink: ...... this is with NRMA. But if i didnt have my accident on my record i could have got it for 1800 with AAMI i think that was the cheapest i could find ... i am under 25 as well

It also depends on the area u live in also, if i quoted my insurance let said postcode 2000 or eg eastern suburb it would be cheaper, but i from the west and insurance premium is quit high iam over 25 with a 70% no claim bonus :( , paying abit over $1700.

Boys im 22 and have lost my licence for 6 months.

Ive never had insurance before and my full comp was $1,143 through a broker in melb.

Try insurance brokers they can get some good deals.

RACV and AAMI to name a few wouldnt even insure me.

I am paying $720 with GIO, I am under 25 with full no claim and live in Canberra where premiums are a little cheaper. I am thinking of upping my excess next year to lower it further.

I did a lot of shopping around for insurance and GIO beat them all by at least $150.

21, 45% NCB, Kellyville (where da heck are you lorman? still haven't seen ya)

had a major accident in 2001. almost wrote off my brand new car 6 weeks after buying it <_<

paying just over $3,000.00 :angry:

Thanks guys for all your responces,

At the moment I'm with National Australia bank .. and on rating 1 :lol:

and I'm over 25, so I have an idea at least now.

I will get some quotes soon, and post them up ;)

Cheers

Gaz

I'm 23 with NRMA, 60% NCB, $2100 comp.

Living near strathfield in Sydney, which seems to kick up the price a LOT

(I plugged my old Canberra postcode into the website just for kicks, and it was less than 2/3 the price!)

I got a quote from AAMI at the time, but it was completely ridiculous, they didn't want to give me any NCB.

Maybe I should change and get something cheaper, but I had a good experience with them when some dude crashed into my old car, so as I see it I'm paying for good service.

- Matthew

haven't got the tivo yet... but my quote was $1900-$2000 living in the sutherland shire. I'm 21 with 45% NCB through NRMA. No accidents to bump it up and the area kinda keeps the money down also. Can't wait to turn 25.. not only do you get stung with expensive comprehensive... but then you get the expensive green slip as well... lol god damnit!

My AE82 twin cam was costing me about $550 with AAMI. When I first got it they said they would not have covered it if I was under 25 (I was 26 at the time). Just picked up a 2002 ZZE112 (ascent - yawn! Can't afford a Sportivo) and they only wanted an extra $40 bucks to cover it. Think the full year will be about $650-700. RACV quote was over $850. I have no mods other than the exhaust which is not a full system.

I'm in eastern Melb and I am over 30 and a rating one. And I haven't had a ticket for 10 years - been pulled over a few times but I can spin a line of sh!t like you would not believe and those country coppers just warn me! :D