Chaser... Aristo... AE86... Which one what model????

Hey guys,

I got three words for myself, muscle going rice.

Plain and simply I'm I just can't afford to drive my dream beast anymore... I need something cheaper cause plain and simply 3-5km/L is just not possible all week with nowadays prices. So I've had a look around to try and see if I could find something a little less hungry that still has the looks and the grunt.

So down to it I've decided Toyota, and out of that it's between a Chaser, Aristo, or the AE86 sprinter... but here's the rob. I KNOW SWEET **** ALL about rice. American muscle, Aussie muscle (and by muscle I mean 70's muscle) not a problem.

So people, looking for links of use, advice on parts (if i get the chaser gonna go twin turbo, I know nothing about gear or Japanese engines) sites with budget setups and gear you can get so i can get something beasty :P

Cheers

Tempst404

Edited by Tempest404

Hey guys,

I got three words for myself, muscle going rice.

Plain and simply I'm I just can't afford to drive my dream beast anymore... I need something cheaper cause plain and simply 3-5km/L is just not possible all week with nowadays prices. So I've had a look around to try and see if I could find something a little less hungry that still has the looks and the grunt.

So down to it I've decided Toyota, and out of that it's between a Chaser, Aristo, or the AE86 sprinter... but here's the rob. I KNOW SWEET **** ALL about rice. American muscle, Aussie muscle (and by muscle I mean 70's muscle) not a problem.

So people, looking for links of use, advice on parts (if i get the chaser gonna go twin turbo, I know nothing about gear or Japanese engines) sites with budget setups and gear you can get so i can get something beasty :P

Cheers

Tempst404

If you are lookin to buy.. try something like carsales.com.au or uniquecarsales.com.au.. not sure bout other forums for info though.. there are some with ae86 on tocau, also i think tats has a chaser..

ps. these cars are not rice.. they are pure JDM.. please do not call them rice.. rice is a forbidden term on this forum..

The Aus AE86 is an expensive, rusty, underpowered POS with good weight distribution. To get it to a decent spec, you could buy a good aristo for the same money

The Aristo is very comfortable, quite large and easy to get good power from (260kw atw with cooler and exhaust). Unfortunately they're only available in Auto unless you do a manual conversion and the boot space is pretty tiny.

JZX100 Chaser would be my pick of the bunch, in a manual. The VVTi 1J is a brilliant engine, series 1 interior's a bit tacky with the stripes, plenty of aftermarket bits available if you want them, downside is the availability of spare body parts locally, like windscreens etc. The manual chaser's still fetch a premium over the auto's, the auto is quicker in a 1/4 mile drag, manual is more fun to drive IMO.

^ What Rolla mods said...and some pics for the noobies.

Economy matters? AE86

ae863as.jpg

Want some comfort to go? Chaser

toyota-chaser.jpg

Want luxury? Aristo.

Aristo2.jpg

Edited by RME1

What is your "dream beast"? Chaser and Aristo aren't ideally economical.

What is your "dream beast"? Chaser and Aristo aren't ideally economical.

SLR 5000 Torana with a supercharged 350 chev. Loves petrol way too much, a bit more than an aristo or chaser anyway... 5.75L supercharged 70's V8 model engine.... what can i say apart from petrol suicide

Also with retrospect to the post above with the comment on the use of rice, sorry, I'm a noob therefore again my whole world being revolved around big v8's and steel i know nothing. apologies.

UPDATE: Think heavily about the chaser.

1 Question though. A is it a legal, and B possible to shove a soarer v8 into the chaser, not gonna do it straight away but imo you can't beat the roar of an 8 :P (hate mufflers, extractors and as raw as i can get it preffered :P)

Edited by Tempest404

there should be no legal worries at all with dropping the 1UZ-FE into the chaser, would be an awesome conversion and bring the centre of gravity of the vehicle back a little which will improve the handling. Just be sure to get it properly engineered.

Incidently, you could buy a 1UZ-FE powered Aristo.

They did come like that from the factory, with 4 wheel drive as well.

There are a few of them floating around in Australia already and they come up for sale every so often.

If you're looking at fuel economy then why are you chasing V8's and forced induction still :g:

I guess anything would have better fuel economy than a SC'd 350 Chev but still...

i chase 8's for the sound, personally in my eyes it's rips **** on 4 and 6's. only engine from a japanese car that isn't an 8 that even comes close to what i like are the subaru rex engines... just love the chunk, not much or a high revs person.... love the thump

Could easily convert the JZX100 to 1UZ power but I don't see why you would. The V8 is great but the 1JZ has more proven potential and a variety of parts available (in Japan).

That and the 8 makes less power..... which means you'd just be doing the conversion for pose value..... which makes you a ricer in a way :) hehe

EDIT: piles of info and other owners at www.jzx100.com

Edited by Tats

A 1UZ?? Naahhhh... 2JZ??? Yeeehhhhh hehehhee.

You can then put a shopping list down the side of the car after mate (Apexi, HKS, Greddy... they're on most Skylines & 180SXs... hehe)

You can then put a shopping list down the side of the car after mate (Apexi, HKS, Greddy... they're on most Skylines & 180SXs... hehe)

i'm never gonna stick stickers on my car lol.... looks blegh imo. no graphs or stickers goin on it. all badges of, black matte not gloss, dark tint brushed aluminium mags plain. the car when finished will look very plain not much in the way of aftermarket panels or the like but alot in performance enhancement. only real thing to be done is poddible eyelids on the headlights and a drag style spoiler

i'm never gonna stick stickers on my car lol.... looks blegh imo. no graphs or stickers goin on it. all badges of, black matte not gloss, dark tint brushed aluminium mags plain. the car when finished will look very plain not much in the way of aftermarket panels or the like but alot in performance enhancement. only real thing to be done is poddible eyelids on the headlights and a drag style spoiler

Yes! Finally somebody who goes by my logic. I figure that badges and stickers are inversely proportional to ***** size (on road cars anyway) :P

Guest ddonggae

ae86 ?? well... although i critisise them for being NOT AS GOOD as ae82 twincams, i guess i do miss the fun factor and fanclub that ae86 ownership brings u.

buy a trueno if ur gonna get an ae86 tho... way more peeps will be interested in it.

the ONLY area ae86 is better than an ae82 is that its a cult car and peeps love it, so its "cool"

i reccomend the aristo as a car.

oh this order...

aristo>chaser>ae82>ae86