Shell E10 fuel / Petrol

Hi Guys

First time poster so please be nice ;). I have a 1997 Toyota Starlet, just a standard 1.3 and I realised that I filled it with E10 unleaded accidentally today. I have searched around and I'm not too sure that my car is included in the list of cars that will run fine on E10. What's the worst that could happen, it's a full tank and will try get some normal unleaded in as soon as I've driven some away or do I need to have it syphoned asap?

cheers

:help:

Graham

It will be fine :) You can keep using too if you want. I find that I use more E10 than what i do normal 91. In short no big deal compadré.

• 13 years later...

A few years ago I tried E10 in my 2001 Corolla, seemed to run ok but used more than 91 or 95 octane over the same distance...so I never used it again.  :smile:

You might want to look at this...

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/can-i-run-my-car-on-e10-fuel-18405

Hope this helps.  :smile:

Edited by bob007

On 6/28/2021 at 9:06 PM, Sandy Maclure said:

UK standard unleaded is changing to E10 this summer. I have a 1992 Starlet 1.0. Anyone know if E10 is an absolute no ? I expect seal problems so will try to get E5 where possible.

Sandy

I seriously doubt that your 1992 car can safely run on Ethanol. The rubber fuel lines, gaskets and seals need to be compatible with E10 otherwise they will fail.

Don't risk it. Are they phasing out regular unleaded over there or something ?? 

They are assuming then that nobody drives cars older than 10 years. So if you can't use E5 or E10, what is your next choice ? 95 PULP ?

I have to say the British Govt come out with some really stupid laws over there, and taking away someone's choice at the pump is just another example, if this is the case of course.

On 6/28/2021 at 9:06 PM, Sandy Maclure said:

UK standard unleaded is changing to E10 this summer. I have a 1992 Starlet 1.0. Anyone know if E10 is an absolute no ? I expect seal problems so will try to get E5 where possible.

Sandy

6 hours ago, bob007 said:

A few years ago I tried E10 in my 2001 Corolla, seemed to run ok but used more than 91 or 95 octane over the same distance...so I never used it again.  :smile:

You might want to look at this...

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/can-i-run-my-car-on-e10-fuel-18405

Hope this helps.  :smile:

Absolute NO. 

4 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

The rubber fuel lines, gaskets and seals need to be compatible with E10 otherwise they will fail.

This will cost you big Pounds.

Have you used this Link assuming your vehicle is registered in the UK?

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

Seeing that I love a good conspiracy theory, guess this is one way to get older vehicles off the road. Maybe the UK Govt would like you to buy an Electric Vehicle. If you want to be stubborn or hard headed, go and get a newer ICE vehicle. Just in case you think that I might be having a go at you, the girlfriend had been telling me that I was hard-headed for 4 years before I agreed with her. 😇

• Haha 1