Sportivo Short Shifters - GB

Guni

For those still interested TWM have a special on their rolla s/s. 20 bucks off this month only

Agreed. That's the price I got it at.

• 2 weeks later...

In the spirit of me hijacking my own thread, this is my TWM shifter

during installation ............

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

and after ................

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

Its pretty easy to install. Includes all instructions and abuot an hour later (cause you want to be slow and steady and not break anything) wah la....

All done ....

say guni did u get the shifter bushing with the s/s? i got the bushings and i wanna know how much of a diff it makes

say guni did u get the shifter bushing with the s/s? i got the bushings and i wanna know how much of a diff it makes

I got the SS with the shift assembly bushings and shifter cable bushings

The shifting is definately more positive but you better have good gear oil as you are going to feel every single shift (it starts out hard but you'll get use to it after. Getting a weighted knob will help but I don't intend to for the moment. Furthermore, it costs about USD80 for one). I doubt the shift assembly bushings does much other than making the assembly sit on metal so that the assembly doesn't move much. The shifter cable bushings on the other hand is the one that will have you feeling each shift. You can get each of those bushing set for USD 20 from TWM (shifter cable bushing and shift assembly bushing will set u back USD40 without postage).

On the other hand, you can do a DIY as BKS have written one himself at http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...st&p=251027 because if all you are getting are the shifter cable bushings then no point spending all the money to ship it over. I got it in a set so there was no extra costs involved in shipping.

PM BKS for more information or details should you want to.

• 6 months later...