Sportivo Short Shifters - GB

Guni

Anyone able to organise a short shifter GB again? Obviously someone who meets the criteria as outlined in a GB. No hanky panky .........

Anyone able to organise a short shifter GB again? Obviously someone who meets the criteria as outlined in a GB. No hanky panky .........

Alternatively you could check out TWM Performance short shifters. They are alot cheaper than TRD and are shorter than the TRD ones.

I'll be getting one of these real soon :D :yahoo:

Check out their website

Alternatively you could check out TWM Performance short shifters. They are alot cheaper than TRD and are shorter than the TRD ones.

Check out their website

I've been to their site before. Got really confused because they say its for Celica or something along those lines ..... They seem to be from the USA. So its about 100 bucks cheaper than the TRD one?

Are these TWN reliable? Don't want it to break suddenly ........

What is the difference with the bushings?

There are standard rubber ones.

There are solid aluminum bushings.

There are bronzoil cable bushings.

Which is the best and what is the freaking difference? Now you see why I'm confused ............

Obviously the standard ones are not good enough so it leaves the other 2 metal choices .....

Check out their website

I've been to their site before. Got really confused because they say its for Celica or something along those lines ..... They seem to be from the USA. So its about 100 bucks cheaper than the TRD one?

Are these TWN reliable? Don't want it to break suddenly ........

the one we get is for the corolla.. choose corolla not celica..

and yes they are reliable.. some members have the TWM shifters on this forum..

What is the difference with the bushings?

There are standard rubber ones.

There are solid aluminum bushings.

There are bronzoil cable bushings.

Which is the best and what is the freaking difference? Now you see why I'm confused ............

Obviously the standard ones are not good enough so it leaves the other 2 metal choices .....

the shifter cradle sits on these bushings.. stock bushings are made of rubber so they have a bit of give and make your shifts feel mushy.. solid metal bushings mean that the shifts feel more positive..

go TRD!! i was going to call Lane and get one. They can source it for around 350

TWM is cheaper still.. due to our exchange rate u can get a shifter and a weighted gearknob for less than the TRD, and is delivered within a week :yahoo:

Seems like the TWM is the way to go then. From what many have said, they do what they need to do and with the weighted gearknob it'll make the shifts even more smoother. I don't really care to see a TRD on the gearknob so if it's cheaper and providers a better feel. TWM it is. :yahoo:

Yep that's where me and Guni were looking just before. Though it didn't come with an option of getting the bushings also.

So I'm gonna contact them and ask whether they'll add it in:D

you can get a twm one for less than $300 shipped with a weighted gearknob from ebay

i heard with twm u have to modify or get something else for it before u can put it on?

just make sure you get all the bushings for it ;)

ah thats the one i think :P haha.. i rmb angelo said smething againts the twm but just cnt rmb hahaha

Get the base bushing and the shifter cable bushings

I don't know about a smoother shift, but my one is damn solid.

I'm using TRD SS + shifter cable bushings.

With the TWM, you will have to try and remove the round clip off your existing cradle which is a bit of pain. If you happen to destroy it in the process, have a browse through bunnings as they have some in stock, but not sure about the size. If their is one thing I don't like it would definitely be the istallation, I kinda butchered mine one.

The TWM will give you a shorter throw compared to the TRD SS but you will want a heavy gear knob to help with the shifting, if not then you'll be looking at sore forearms :(

With the TWM, you will have to try and remove the round clip off your existing cradle which is a bit of pain. If you happen to destroy it in the process, have a browse through bunnings as they have some in stock, but not sure about the size. If their is one thing I don't like it would definitely be the istallation, I kinda butchered mine one.

The TWM will give you a shorter throw compared to the TRD SS but you will want a heavy gear knob to help with the shifting, if not then you'll be looking at sore forearms :(

Sorry, still a bit blonde .... which of the following should I get with the SS ?

- solid aluminum bushings

or

- bronzoil cable bushings

What's the diff between those two?

where did u get the shifter cable bushings? u have a brand model etc..? i'm really interested coz i want to get the TRD SS soon.

thanks mate.

Check out their website

These look pretty sweet any idea if ascent has a similar layout to the sportivo for the gear shifter? (other than 5 vs 6 speed)

Might grab a weighted knob and see how that goes aswell.

I'm highly confident that they're the same but if you wanna check take it apart and see if it looks like this.

dsc00253zy5.jpg

That my stock stivo shifter and twm confirmed that it will work. Lol look at the wires, shhhhhh I was abit lazy :lol:

Check out their website

These look pretty sweet any idea if ascent has a similar layout to the sportivo for the gear shifter? (other than 5 vs 6 speed)

Might grab a weighted knob and see how that goes aswell.

i think they are identical, hence why the shifter will fit both..

both the shifters should fit im pretty sure

ive got a TRD ss and its not that much lower in height from stock its a good average height

my fren had the TWM ss and daym it was reallllly short

both the ss have a good throw from gears but in the end its about the height and name

the TRD comes with metal brushings or whatever they are also the stock ones are rubber

TWM you have to get them seperate right??

hope that helps

Steven.

I'm highly confident that they're the same but if you wanna check take it apart and see if it looks like this.

dsc00253zy5.jpg

That my stock stivo shifter and twm confirmed that it will work. Lol look at the wires, shhhhhh I was abit lazy :lol:

OMFG .................

Look at that mess! How many time did I have to tell u to clean up your damn room .........

Jeebez .......

TWM FTW

had it for 3 years, no issues

easy install with illustrated instructions

good service and delivery

value for money

heaps shorter then the TRD and looks better

TWM FTW

had it for 3 years, no issues

easy install with illustrated instructions

good service and delivery

value for money

heaps shorter then the TRD and looks better

x2 mine has only been in for a few weeks but i love it to bits.. soo much more precise.. TWM FTW!!

Maybe you should just buy it yourself from the website haha, you would of received it by now if you purchased from the 9th

Maybe you should just buy it yourself from the website haha, you would of received it by now if you purchased from the 9th

Too late again ............. Already got it and installed it. What can I say. Yummmmmmmmm ..........

The shifter is quite short compare to the stock and the throw to each gear is even shorter. Also fixed the alluminium shift assembly bushings and the bronzil shifter cable bushing. I'm not sure what purpose those bushing serves but wad da hack ............. JUST DO IT !!!!!!!

It gives a more positive and sore feeling. Have not tried maintaining LIFT because gear oil still needs changing. We'll see how it goes.

For those still interested TWM have a special on their rolla s/s. 20 bucks off this month only