Ebay Cold air intake...

JDM CAI Matrix XRS

these look like they will fit no probs...

would you buy one?

looks like it sits on the other side of the engine bay.. so no it won't fit lol

its for a matrix XRS which has a 2zzge engine. do they make them with intakes on the opposite side? i doubt it.

i mean as in the cai displayed.. it cant be for a 2zz coz if u look at the orientation of the MAF sensor, it seems its to suit a car with the throttle body on the left hand side of the engine.. 2zz is on the right..

but i guess the pic is generic lol..

i would ask the seller for an actual pic of the cai he is selling..

just my 2c

JDM CAI Matrix XRS

would you buy one?

its for a matrix XRS which has a 2zzge engine. do they make them with intakes on the opposite side? i doubt it.

i mean as in the cai displayed.. it cant be for a 2zz coz if u look at the orientation of the MAF sensor, it seems its to suit a car with the throttle body on the left hand side of the engine.. 2zz is on the right..

just my 2c

that look like an AEM design, how the maf sensor is mounted down the bottom of the cai (when its installed) it COULD fit, just look up an AEM cai n see if its identical..

JDM CAI Matrix XRS

would you buy one?

just my 2c

that look like an AEM design, how the maf sensor is mounted down the bottom of the cai (when its installed) it COULD fit, just look up an AEM cai n see if its identical..

yeah i looked at a few of the CAI for the 2ZZGE's and they all seem to mate up where the MAF sensor is... if you look at the pic of the CAI in the link.. its actually on its back. theres also a Cosmo Racing CAI for the 2ZZ on USA Ebay which shows a pic of it installed... and it looks the same...

It looks to be a stock photo that may not actually be the real product!

the price seems to good to be true though... most things liek this usually are...

i think at the end of the day you get what you pay for, and thats why you see some of the guys on this forum who pay $300-$400+ just for a CAI, but it's proven results every time. if your on a budget (like me) try a shift CAI or i got one from LLT racing, cost me $200 posted.

the price seems to good to be true though... most things liek this usually are...

i think at the end of the day you get what you pay for, and thats why you see some of the guys on this forum who pay $300-$400+ just for a CAI, but it's proven results every time. if your on a budget (like me) try a shift CAI or i got one from LLT racing, cost me $200 posted.

if u r on a budget then save up :P coz a trd one isnt far off that price,

i got a TRD CAI shipped from the US (shipping took 6 working days) to my door for AU$305 (i bought 2 so shipping was slightly cheaper but if you buy them individually its around 320 and u got urself a brand name and pride for another 100 ++ :)

just my 2cents

i got a TRD CAI shipped from the US (shipping took 6 working days) to my door for AU$305 (i bought 2 so shipping was slightly cheaper but if you buy them individually its around 320 and u got urself a brand name and pride for another 100 ++ :)

just my 2cents

how are the TRD one technically better than a copy? Or betetr than a SHIFT example.

These are $145 AUD delivered.... i would rather save the $150 for a strut brace.. or soemthing else.... CAI is just a form fitted pipe we knw this... as there are many other Brands doing the same thing. If it all fits up... why wouldnt it work?

just my 2cents

how are the TRD one technically better than a copy? Or betetr than a SHIFT example.

These are $145 AUD delivered.... i would rather save the $150 for a strut brace.. or soemthing else.... CAI is just a form fitted pipe we knw this... as there are many other Brands doing the same thing. If it all fits up... why wouldnt it work?

i believe there is a lot of argument atm regarding the TRD vs CES cai..

CES gives a good 2 - 3 kw over TRD, so i believe there is a difference between them..

i am not saying u cant get the ebay ones but it really up to u.. u get what u paid for and that goes for everything,

cheap mite not "=" crap but it definitely does not "=" good..

end of story..

its pretty simple mate .....

1) Save on Dollars

2) Increase Performance

3) Increase/Maintain Reliability

Pick 2 but you cant have all 3 if your trying to compromise

1) Save on Dollars

2) Increase Performance

No offence.. but how is a TRD/CES/INJEN badge gonna make a difference to the reliability of the CAI? If i wanted to maintain reliability i wouldnt use the CAI at all.

1) Save on Dollars

2) Increase Performance

No offence.. but how is a TRD/CES/INJEN badge gonna make a difference to the reliability of the CAI? If i wanted to maintain reliability i wouldnt use the CAI at all.

no offense taken ..... by reliability i dont just mean from ur vehicle i also mean from the products perspective ...... these ebay knock-offs are usually made from a material which isnt as strong, is usually thinner and occasionally has a poor finish .... i.e. there has to be some way to drive the cost down ...... and i highly doubt ur gonna get one of the quality from TRD/CES/INJEN .... mate i could be wrong but i CBF wasting my money proving this theory wrong ...... my experience comes from the fact that they will sell u a turbo kit for $1000 and trust me i know whats needed for a turbo kit and $1000 doesnt even get u the turbo ;)

By all means how about u grab one and let us know how u go .... i mean u have asked for all our opinions and i think pretty much everyone has shared what they think with u so the ball is back in your court to make a choice.

1) Save on Dollars

2) Increase Performance

well like bill said, u can hv 2 out of 3 of them.. i think he has done enough R&D to his rolla to be able to give solid comments on anything to do with it..

i suppose its all up to u, you can be more then happy with a EBAY cai, but first u hv to make sure it fits and then its all good from there.. take ur pick :) and let us know how u go..

*opps my reply came late but ah well..

u dont wan to get unknown ebay pod that one day might break into pieces and 'luckily' one small pieces su!ked into the engine and walah~ there it goes..

just get a proper one, i saw there is always a group buy on trd cai and stuff..