Changing insurance companies

Hey guys,

Im thinking of changing to Justcars insurance.

The cost of my insurane is $1100 or so, but if i change to the highest flexi premium, it goes down to $680.

My current insurance with NRMA is $126 per month = 1512.

Is it worthwhile going with Justcars?

Only "modifications" are the TRD CAI and Sportivo 16" wheels (car is a Corolla Conquest Sedan).

So what are ppl's opinion of Justcars anyway?

Thanks

justcar=aami

so it all depend on your luck, if u get a good person inspecting the car after accident(just approve the claim easily), then u can laugh; but if u get a very picky and XXXX assessor, then who knows..

think this way: All insurance company are the same.. profit making is the top priority.

But with your minor mod, you should be fine..

I wouldnt hesitate, Justcar are a big well known company and owned by aami as mentioned, if anything id expect better customer service from then when compared to NRMA

How old are you? and whats your driving history like?

$1512 a year seems very expensive!

Have you tried any others?

allianz, gio, etc?

Ultimately an insurance company legally cannot deny your claim because your car has an intake and wheels, i imagine your wheels are completely legal anyway? Tyre condition would be more of an issue, and even then its very hard to deny a claim on this.

Edited by Pumped

Hey guys,

Im thinking of changing to Justcars insurance.

The cost of my insurane is $1100 or so, but if i change to the highest flexi premium, it goes down to $680.

My current insurance with NRMA is $126 per month = 1512.

Is it worthwhile going with Justcars?

Only "modifications" are the TRD CAI and Sportivo 16" wheels (car is a Corolla Conquest Sedan).

So what are ppl's opinion of Justcars anyway?

Thanks

hey i used to have that premium rating, seeing i have a 4.5 gen camry 2.2L my first year of comprehensive was 1075

then

i did the skills drivers test within the 1st year

and now my premuim is 850 without flexipremiums, so if i do happen to have a crash (touch wood) i dont have a huge excess as with flexipremiums, but then again, i can save alot too.

and

i got rating one for life, uber

i'm with AAMI and i only pay $615 yearly, i'm 23 and on rating one.

i too was going to move to Justcars because they will allow me to keep my mod on the car.

i only have a 02 corolla ascent, but aami will only allow me to do 1 mod only.

but i have 17" rims, cai and now lowered.

aami sent out a little booklet to me and it said that they have the right to deny any claims if the car has been modified to improve proformance in anyway unless it is written in contract.

and being under 25 you are only allowed 1 mod.

just cars offered me $851 yearly with all the mod above.

i too was going to move to Justcars because they will allow me to keep my mod on the car.

aami sent out a little booklet to me and it said that they have the right to deny any claims if the car has been modified to improve proformance in anyway unless it is written in contract.

u sure?? only 1 mod allowed? how come i didnt receive this info? damn aami..

u sure?? only 1 mod allowed? how come i didnt receive this info? damn aami..

yep i'm sure... or maybe the lady on the phone was just being mean....

she said, and i quote " being under 25 you are only allowed 1 mod only, so it's eather 17" rims or getting lowered."

and i didn't even mention the air filter after that.

then after that she gave me just cars number.

I wouldnt hesitate, Justcar are a big well known company and owned by aami as mentioned, if anything id expect better customer service from then when compared to NRMA

How old are you? and whats your driving history like?

$1512 a year seems very expensive!

Have you tried any others?

allianz, gio, etc?

Ultimately an insurance company legally cannot deny your claim because your car has an intake and wheels, i imagine your wheels are completely legal anyway? Tyre condition would be more of an issue, and even then its very hard to deny a claim on this.

driving history = 10 years.

last crash = 10 years (was a write off)

last speeding ticket = 8 years

pretty clean driving history

then again i am in Sydney.

Ive tried a few places and all are like $1200+ :(

Even tried the budget insurance thingy that compares various companies (cant remember the site anymore, found the leaflet in my mailbox).

It depends. If you actually fulfil your duty of disclosure (a lot of people dont) and the insurer accepts the risk at the time of inception, then you will be covered for the mods providing they're still within their underwriting guidelines. If you dont tell them about the mods, however, and they assess it they may then deny your claim and cancel your insurance without being questioned, or just cover a portion of the damages.

I work for an insurance company (not saying which one just for privacy, etc.), and the number of dickheads we get bitching about not being paid for a claim, even though they didnt tell us about half the crap on the car, is unbelievable!

even tho aami is cheaper than nrma.....i wouldnt recc. going to them...start of this year my mum was involved in an accident and it wasnt her fault...it was even clear from the damage on our car...tht some idiot swiped her...newyz aami's so called "accident assessor" couldnt even tell whos fault it was...despite the fact when we asked random ppl who never saw the accident....so yeah i wouldnt reccmond justcar...unless u know tht u will be at fault or ur not gonna get into an accident....hope tht helps a lil bit mate

• 2 weeks later...
even tho aami is cheaper than nrma.....i wouldnt recc. going to them...start of this year my mum was involved in an accident and it wasnt her fault...it was even clear from the damage on our car...tht some idiot swiped her...newyz aami's so called "accident assessor" couldnt even tell whos fault it was...despite the fact when we asked random ppl who never saw the accident....so yeah i wouldnt reccmond justcar...unless u know tht u will be at fault or ur not gonna get into an accident....hope tht helps a lil bit mate

cheap for a reason.. aami is just doggy..

I have 5 vehicles all insured with the same company and whenever I add a new one to the policy, I am asked about modifications so that they know about them and will also cover them if there is an accident. If I make a change to a vehicle, I always contact them to let them know about it.

Honest is still the best policy. If you are not doing something illegal, then you have no worries... :D

cheap for a reason.. aami is just doggy..

I have had Two accidents that where my fault and I had ammi insurance and I had no problems with the insurance cover. One of the accidents i did have bald tyres and was fined for it but ammi never questioned my claim or the other partys claim which was $30,000+.

Go for ammi I wont change.

seems like ammi is only good when ur at fault...coz when its someone elses fault (and the other party doesnt own up) then you gotta get ready to debate for months on end!