brake cylinder stopper

wil_rolla

hi,

does anyone know if they make brake cylinder stopper for ZZE12# corolla's? (the one that bolts to the firewall)

these things are ment to be bang for buck. gives heaps beter peddel feel for the driver.

does any one have one? and can you make your own?

wil

I'm yet to find one, but haven't looked too hard. I still think that the money would be better spent on custom made braided brake hoses. Not sure if you have read up on them, but the hose needs to be ADR'ed to be street legal and the TRD, C-One items are not ADR'ed.

I have been meaning to see if it is possible, but I don't know anyone who owns a Celica and a master cylinder brace, but if someone is in that situation, could they see if the Celica one fits the Corolla? It is a long shot, but worth a try.

I'm yet to find one, but haven't looked too hard. I still think that the money would be better spent on custom made braided brake hoses. Not sure if you have read up on them, but the hose needs to be ADR'ed to be street legal and the TRD, C-One items are not ADR'ed.

I have been meaning to see if it is possible, but I don't know anyone who owns a Celica and a master cylinder brace, but if someone is in that situation, could they see if the Celica one fits the Corolla? It is a long shot, but worth a try.

wouldnt be too hard to fabricate one would it though?

wouldnt be too hard to fabricate one would it though?

thats what i was thinking too,, a DIY...

i know that cusco make afew, for cars like the skyline, and supra's. but i can't find a cusco dealer in melb that has the full catalogue.

as for braided lines i'v only started to read up on them but still don't know much about them. i'v heard that some guys get them done at pirtek or enzed, for about $50-$80 per line. all ADR aproved

as for braided lines i'v only started to read up on them but still don't know much about them. i'v heard that some guys get them done at pirtek or enzed, for about $50-$80 per line. all ADR aproved

damn really? thats pretty cheap spose compared to the trd or the c-one lines

i wonder if you can make one up your self,

make it simular to the cusco one but bolt it onto the strut bar instead of the strut tower. so that way we can have both. :P

i might give it ago on a weekend when i'm not working.

how strong does the metal have to be to do a DIY? might go to bunnings and have a look and try to weld something up

thanks for the pic bonbon

The thickness your going to be dealing with will be enough to prevent flex within the mount, providing you have proper triangulation. You will need to think about the effects or torsion on the strut bar, since it isn't designed for this it may not help in any way by attaching it there. I have given it thought before, but the best solution/copy would be the Celica one if it fits.

3mm should do the job and be over kill. I would recommend going to a steel recycler/supplier as it will be a lot cheaper than Bunnings ;)

had to make an emergency trip to NSW on Sat morning so didn't get a chance to make one up, should get around to it this upcoming weekend.

had to make an emergency trip to NSW on Sat morning so didn't get a chance to make one up, should get around to it this upcoming weekend.

no hurry mate,, just curious to see what they would look like. ;)