Rear Windows

Does anyone else have loose rear windows?

Car is a '03 hatch.

If their open, even slightly, if i go over a bump or anything, it just rattles like nuts. If fully closed and sealed, their fine.

I think the windows are just sitting on the regulators now.. instead of being attached.

Its annoying cause when I have passengers and they open the rear windows, the sound gets scary....

Its both windows too....

Can only really say it started happening after I lowered the car and did the rear sway, think thats why? Never use the rear window much...

Going to pull the doors apart when I get time to see wtf is going on, but if anyone has this happened before would be helpful.

Thanks!

Edited by bonbon

i have the same problem aswell but only when my rear windows are down around 5 cms.

gets annoying but i've learnt to live with it because i'd have to hack through sound deadning and mdf wood to get to my window.

hopefully its just normal on all corollas

yep i get this as well ...... sounds as if the glass is about to fall out or something ..... ive just learnt to put the windows down further or keep them completely shut ...... only seems to happen when they are down a few cm's

i dont own a corolla so im not entirely sure, but on a lot of cars, if you take off the door trim there are two fluffy type bush things which guide/align the window, attached to a thingymajig with a bolt which keep it snug within the door (such great terminology, lol). if so, just give it 1/4 of a turn which should stop the vibrating.

my celica had a similar problem on the front windows. an idle or going over bumps or rough roads, the windows would vibrate if they werent fully up or fully down.

Edited by lateralus

ok im 100% sure they've fallen off the rails

the cause...

driving over cobble stones 5 days a week to and from work...

just realised it today, dam st kilda streets >.<

my rear is pretty stiff from just the sway and springs, just shakes the crap out of the rear of the car when i go over the stones

might explain why most lowered/modified ones experience the same issue

Edited by bonbon

Ive got it too.....i never notice it in the back bt if i have front down 5cm it rattles....dwon 2cm its fine and down moe than 5cm its fine, just must be how it sits at that certain distance down..........like xoom said just get used to having them anywhere but that 5-8cm down and all sweet...........

I also got this problem. But mainly the front windows.. It vibrates quite violently if I crank up the stereo when the windows are down around 5cms. It annoys the hell out of me :angry:

Edited by dlift

It's caused by the windows sitting a little loose in the bailey channel when the windows are at the described position...

You can fix it by stuffing tape inbetween the window frame and the bailey channel rubber to squeeze the window tighter...

Also wouldnt be a bad idea to check the window regulator bolts and make sure they're all tight...