muffler choice

nope dnt have any videos of it, i paid about $400 for it, $240 for the install because it was stainless steel and mandel bent i wanted, the sound is pretty quiet on idle its got a nice tone (with the muffler flap open) and when u give it a fang and hit lift, you can really hear it scream!! and when the muffler flap is closed its pretty much like driving a standard car once again, even quieter then the standard sportivo muffler i'd say :) its well worth every cent i spent on it ;)

vu! i want a ride :)

lolz i would buttttt i cnt.....my cars getting fixed at the moment! got into a bad crash afew weeks ago :(

when u get it back vu!! :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually rang around a couple of places regarding this, cause i wanted to try and get the r32 golf look :rolleyes:

Alot of places said that they didn't want to do it because it was close to the fuel tank. so i guess i'm sticking with my current exhaust system.

yea thats the look i wanna go for too, isn't the exhaust/muffler on the other side of the petrol tank tho?

i just bought a magnaflow muffler second hand for $90 great condition no scratches or anything........after reading heaps on forum lately have come to realise our stock exhausts are just under 2.5" (59mm compare to 62mm which is 2.5") mandrel bent already and stainless steel so i cant justify spending 800 + dollars for a 2.5" mandrel bent stainless steel. Im going for option of just changing rear muffler as cat is already quite large and flows well, the rear muffler is whats really restrictive...magnaflow should help are full flow and rated at 160% above normal stock ones but still create enough back pressure rah rah rah ....and for 90$ cant go wrong...also getting it made up with a small portion of SS like stock one and flange so fits stock exhaust therefore can interchange back to stock when i want.....if get sick of noise or are travelling long holiday might want comfortable stock muffler

cheers

Manaflow 14807 product #

14807.jpg

Edited by jaderd

i just bought a magnaflow muffler second hand for $90 great condition no scratches or anything........after reading heaps on forum lately have come to realise our stock exhausts are just under 2.5" (59mm compare to 62mm which is 2.5") mandrel bent already and stainless steel so i cant justify spending 800 + dollars for a 2.5" mandrel bent stainless steel. Im going for option of just changing rear muffler as cat is already quite large and flows well, the rear muffler is whats really restrictive...magnaflow should help are full flow and rated at 160% above normal stock ones but still create enough back pressure rah rah rah ....and for 90$ cant go wrong...also getting it made up with a small portion of SS like stock one and flange so fits stock exhaust therefore can interchange back to stock when i want.....if get sick of noise or are travelling long holiday might want comfortable stock muffler

cheers

Manaflow 14807 product #

14807.jpg

That sounds sweet. Let us know how it goes and take a clip of it and show us :)

meh will see.......for 90 $ and a bit to install it aint a bank breaker....if rediculously loud ill bolt up stock and chuck her on ebay......will wait and see.....most probably selling the quad tip dual one which is basically for looks and some sound today so that recoups the cost of this one and some....

what brand/model muffler is ok performance and sound wise to get made as a bolt on /bolt off from rear flange......prob most fair loud...

Hey all....got the magnaflow put on tonight.....fair loud although not too excessive i dont think.....will see over next few weeks whether i like it or it annoys myself or GF moreso.....she cant stand loud exhausts too much and we both in my car a fair bit so will see......

Has a nice note to it and is only loud when under load giving to it.....at 60kmh and 80kmh etc its almost silent as you just cruise along which is nice.....seems to have increased torque low down only noticed as i went for a bit of a drive tonight and hills where 5th gear would die it seemed to go up the hills with alot less effort (2k or so) and no need to downchange, other long less steep hills could put in 6th with ease where previously would need 5th etc.....so will see if noise annoys me/gf il chuck her up for sale.

Ended up getting mild steel (2mm thick) aluminium coated with exhaust hanger to use existing stock stivo hanger so can swap to stock in 30min etc..... flange bolts straight up to stock aswell etc....

cheers

Edited by jaderd

Define "better"?

That which has an advantage, or has excelled further from that which it once was before.

Lol, touche . . . .

What I am getting at is that alot of different punters look for alot of different results when it comes to a muffler.

I love the one on my CES system because it doesnt drone, cackle or bark and has a nice note under acceleration. But some others may be looking for a stock sounding option where others again may be looking for loud noise, which would make the CES the wrong option for them.