OBD Scanners

I've done some searching at retailers and on Ebay w.r.t. acquiring a OBDII reader and I have come across units ranging from $25 to $400 and most of them claim to do the same basic things.

Does anybody here have any advice on a good OBD scanner?

Thank you.

I've done some searching at retailers and on Ebay w.r.t. acquiring a OBDII reader and I have come across units ranging from $25 to $400 and most of them claim to do the same basic things.

Does anybody here have any advice on a good OBD scanner?

Thank you.

i got the Greddy info meter is a multi meter + a OBDII reader...also look at this site for the codes

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/archive/...p/t-148676.html

I bought an Equus 3100 from Auto Barn in the US but have never been able to get it to work(on 2000 Camry V6 or 2005 Corolla)... Pinouts etc are different to the US ones and even trying different pinout configs , still no joy... I have found nothing available in Australia that will work.. wait and see if anyone else has had any success, but I suspect it will be a long one...

Someone told me it will work on BA Falcons but haven't found anyone I know to try it out...yet.

good old scanguage maybe?

i tried one of these at a nearby stockist and for some reason it couldn't read into my OBD-II..

sales person said the manufacturer was still to come out with an update that'll read into Toyota's.. anyone use this product before on a Toyota? i recall someone selling theirs not too long ago

good old scanguage maybe?

i tried one of these at a nearby stockist and for some reason it couldn't read into my OBD-II..

sales person said the manufacturer was still to come out with an update that'll read into Toyota's.. anyone use this product before on a Toyota? i recall someone selling theirs not too long ago

work on my 2003 echo.