ultimate quik detailer

Wixy

hi all,

meguiars ultimate quik detailer has been out in australia for a few months now, and might i say, its the best of the best, in terms of the middle market of detailing products.

i just finished detailing my car with the whole process. after finishing the waxing stage, i place some ultimate quik detailer as a last stage product and man, it enhances the wax performance by far.

my car is literally, like what this clip shows you.

the trick is to apply the detailer on a clean car, apply it all over the car, then leave it for cure time (that is to leave it untouched, dry and without rain) for 12hours min.

youre car will be bouncing water off its metal and onto other cars!

totally awesome i tell, esp on the freeway when its pouring down, i get looks from other people cuz all the droplets are going off the car and onto theirs :lol:

Edited by Wixy

i haven't given meguires a go yet. i have to say im very partial to autoglym, i think that stuff is awesome

i'm thinking of giving meguires clay bar stuff a go and see how it holds up. i've seen a couple of cars on here with it and they seem to look pretty spiffy

Edited by lateralus

or you can go partially crazy and do this :)

post-2797-1218793213_thumb.jpg

for the WA people, there is 20% off ALL Meguiars product from wash to polish to wax to detailer to all your assessories! ask me where! :P

But I have to say people that've used the ultimate quick detailer said good things bout it :)

At least this detailer does not wipe off your wax but instead this will protect and keep your wax intact!

How about you guys just say where? It's not like it's a secret.

I saw 25% off at K-Mart @ Carousel to those interested.

I thought "GO FIND ADRIAN" wouldnt make much sense to you so asking me could mean providing you with address and any other things you want to know?

the extensive range that adrian has at his work is already CHEAP as it is but with an extra 20% plus a lot of product knowledge I think thts the place to go..

for the WA people, there is 20% off ALL Meguiars product from wash to polish to wax to detailer to all your assessories! ask me where! :P

But I have to say people that've used the ultimate quick detailer said good things bout it :)

At least this detailer does not wipe off your wax but instead this will protect and keep your wax intact!

your car shld be looking mighty sweet after the whole detail Ken :D

and yeah as what Ken said..the Ultimate Quick Detailer seals in the wax/polish rather than take away any like the other quick detailers in the market.

Edited by GReddy_ES

your car shld be looking mighty sweet after the whole detail Ken :D

hopefully bud! :D thanks for your help today! Cant wait till I try them out! Will tell you how good they are once I am done with it :D

How about you guys just say where? It's not like it's a secret.

I saw 25% off at K-Mart @ Carousel to those interested.

I thought "GO FIND ADRIAN" wouldnt make much sense to you so asking me could mean providing you with address and any other things you want to know?

the extensive range that adrian has at his work is already CHEAP as it is but with an extra 20% plus a lot of product knowledge I think thts the place to go..

haha wow all the secrecy. must b good.

ken thats great stuff, but youre missing the most important one,

2a): clay kit

so its:

1. wash with lambswool then dry with chamois

2. surface prep: a) clay

B) scratch x

c) paint cleaner => if you have below surface defects

3. polish => however, polish works best if u have a dark coloured car

4. wax, i see u have tech wax 2.0. awesome stuff.

5. Maintain: ultimate quik detailer or the nxt speed detailer. do this inbetween waxing, that is, wax usually lasts 1-3mths depending on conditions. inbetween those 1-3mths, after each wash apply detail to prolong wax.

have good time

crap, and those out there who want to preserve their clay bars, cuz a quarter of a clay bar easily does 1 car, so 1 bar would do roughly 7-10 cars.

this is how u split the bar in2 parts.

post-5384-1219198867_thumb.jpg

post-5384-1219198874_thumb.jpg

post-5384-1219198885_thumb.jpg

post-5384-1219198893_thumb.jpg

ken thats great stuff, but youre missing the most important one,

2a): clay kit

so its:

1. wash with lambswool then dry with chamois

2. surface prep: a) clay

B) scratch x

c) paint cleaner => if you have below surface defects

3. polish => however, polish works best if u have a dark coloured car

4. wax, i see u have tech wax 2.0. awesome stuff.

5. Maintain: ultimate quik detailer or the nxt speed detailer. do this inbetween waxing, that is, wax usually lasts 1-3mths depending on conditions. inbetween those 1-3mths, after each wash apply detail to prolong wax.

have good time

:) I DO have a clay kit actually :) but its not from meguairs :( but yeh.. got the mother clay kit a while back, I was going to CLAY before i do anything but I was talking to adrian and he says its fine without it and my paint job isnt the best so I mite do it when it get worst because at the end of the day i prob get it hi speed buffed and get rid of all the crap!

:) great write up thou! love ur work..

show us some pic of ur sexy shiny car bro!! :D how long does it take u to do all those? like wash..wax..etc?? :D just a rough figure :P hahaha so i know how slow i am :( hahahah

Takes me about 3 hours ;) . Wash, clay and wax.

show us some pic of ur sexy shiny car bro!! :D how long does it take u to do all those? like wash..wax..etc?? :D just a rough figure :P hahaha so i know how slow i am :( hahahah

Takes me about 3 hours ;) . Wash, clay and wax.

missed polish didnt cha :P hehehe..

lol u guys are one happy bunch with all them special faces! :lol:

it depends on how much metal you have on your car, and how much u love you're car, or the car in which u detail.

not saying if one takes less than 3 hours they will do a bad job, but usually a properly full detail with love and care, will take roughly 6hours to 1week, it varies.

though its a 5 step process, you need the love and attention to your car. one can usually tell from a 3hr job to a full day job. all u need to look is the detail of the car.

usually the wash and dry stage is the MOST important, as you wanna really get rid of all the dirt and grime accumulated throughout the weeks, months,years, decades. thus, its highly recommended that if you want the perfect detail, you'll need to spend alot of time washing, and not just 1 wash, at least 2. you wanna get rid of every spec of dirt,sand,overspray off your car.

after washing and drying, one should mask your car. this should give u an idea.

post-5384-1219322885_thumb.jpg

post-5384-1219322898_thumb.jpg

post-5384-1219322908_thumb.jpg

post-5384-1219322923_thumb.jpg

when you touch the car after masking, you hand should not pick up any traces of dirt. the car is to be clean as a baby's bottom. if you do, you have failed in making the car a swirl free detail.

after that its on with the 5 step process.

it takes me roughly 1 full day from 9am to 9pm to completely detail my BORING camry. AND TO MAKE THINGS WORSE, i have a WHITE camry, so my efforts of deep gloss does not pay dividends to ones eyes, only upon my customer's cars which i dont have the power to disclose. darn.

just something extra from the trade. if u have a garage, use it.

when waxing, always apply 2 coats of wax. nothing more. but the perfect wax application would be to apply the first coat of wax after the polish process, then move on 2 apply the 2nd coat of wax 12hours later.

meguiars wax produces the best results with 12hour cure time, just as the ultimate quik detail does.

so there, 12hours it takes me to detail a car (by hand, machinery would be 6hrs). if its an important job, one can easily spend 1panel of the car a day (thats by hand again!)