Uh-oh, spaghetti-o

I broke me ride. :unsure:

Well, not completely. On Saturday, took the wife cruising around the farmlands near Ripley. Was having a blast, doing 160km/h along the roads when suddenly, I felt the accelerator become lifeless. The traction control warning light came on, and I lost all throttle for about 10 seconds. The speed of the car went down to about 100km/h and the accelerator came back "online" again. Was worried but thought it was a one-off problem, so drove home.

Next morning, started the car and the yellow engine warning light came on. The tacho started doing a little dance (this was at idle, my foot wasn't on the accelerator), kept going up and down between 1000 and 2000rpms. I backed out of my driveway and the "bing" sound came on, and the optimeter displayed "Check VSC System" and the traction control warning light came on permanently. The car drove completely fine, no other issues other than loss of VSC.

Dropped it off at Sci-Fleet Kedron this morning and awaiting the prognosis on my beautiful baby. :( Did you know that they open till midnight? Great for people like me who have to work 12 hours a day.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

Sorry to hear about your ride going abit bonkers !

Guess the fun police had abit of fun in it too before handing those keys to you! lol

Southside Toyota and Hinterland Toyota in QLD are the 2 that I use to go that opens till 12am... which is really good if not rather expensive! LOL...

From what I've heard, the "Check VSC System" warning will come up with all check engine light errors. The odd revving issue you're talking about sounds like what happened to mine the other day. I was messing around with my intake one night and before I went to sleep, I remembered that I forgot to plug my MAF sensor back in. I told myself the next day that I would plug it back in before I leave, and what do I do... I wake up late and in the rush, I start the car without plugging it back in. I get the odd revving and a check engine light immediately afterwards.

I stop the engine plug it back in and the check engine light was still there. Once the car started rolling, the "Check VSC System" warning came up. I was in a rush, so once I got to TAFE, I removing the EFI Main fuse, and when lunch time came, I replaced it and check engine light was gone. In that case though, I knew the problem so resetting the ECU was an okay option.

Long story short... it could possibly be your MAF sensor. The strange revving you mention sounds like the engine running in fail-safe mode. I guess you will soon find out.

Id be assuming it'd be a sensor issue, Possibly a burnt out O2 sensor or similar

Hopefully it gets all sorted out for you

If you have changed the exhaust it could be a result of that, happened in another car of mine, 02 sensor burnt out

Ok just got off the phone with Sci Fleet Toyota. The problem was due to a leak in a vacuum hose linking the engine with the supercharger. They've put in a temporary fix but also backordered the replacement hose for me. All covered under warranty. Phew! Just makes me wonder what the police did to the car before I bought it!

That was really quick. I expected the car to only be ready tomorrow, but they fixed it in a few hours. They also flushed out my brake pads which had brake dust accumulating and causing a bit of squeal.

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

nah, i brought it back after the drive and bolted the exhaust back on and started it up... the CHECK VSC SYSTEM thingy disappeared straight away...

but i had none of your symptoms... it was running exactly the same as before... :)

Ok just got off the phone with Sci Fleet Toyota. The problem was due to a leak in a vacuum hose linking the engine with the supercharger. They've put in a temporary fix but also backordered the replacement hose for me. All covered under warranty. Phew! Just makes me wonder what the police did to the car before I bought it!

That was really quick. I expected the car to only be ready tomorrow, but they fixed it in a few hours. They also flushed out my brake pads which had brake dust accumulating and causing a bit of squeal.

and what did I tell you on the AusCam cruise to O'Reillys... :P

Lets hope it's all rectified. Sure do love the exhaust mod though hehehe.