Aurion takes forever to warm up

Can anyone confirm how long it should take for an Aurion V6 3.5L to warm up in cool weather of around 8 Deg C?

My engine is so noisy until it warms up. It sounds like one of the valve lash adjusters clatters until it gets really hot.

You have to wonder if is it a deisel engine!!!!

Has anyone had this problem?

I have a 2007 Presara with 18000 on the clock...

Can anyone confirm how long it should take for an Aurion V6 3.5L to warm up in cool weather of around 8 Deg C?

My engine is so noisy until it warms up. It sounds like one of the valve lash adjusters clatters until it gets really hot.

You have to wonder if is it a deisel engine!!!!

Has anyone had this problem?

I have a 2007 Presara with 18000 on the clock...

How long would you define as forever in this scenario? One thing that I was surprised by about my Aurion when I first got it was how fast it got to operating temperature. You are driving it to warm the engine up right? The manual states not to let it idle to warm up, rather drive it gently. Usually you can keep it below 3000RPM during this stage.

As for the noise, mine is kinda noisy for the first 30-60 seconds after starting, but afterwards it is nice and quiet. It hasn't been quite as cold here, but a few mornings when going to the gym it was around the 8 degree mark. No real difference in the car warming up really.

I usually wait until the revs drop from the 2000rpm to about 1K rpm before I drive it, that takes about 30 seconds.

Same here. That's also when it quiets down a fair bit. It's quite a noticeable level in sound. In the first 30 seconds I can hear the car running while upstairs; after that, I can barely hear it.

Thank you for the reply...

My Aurion behaves a little weird. I do let mine idle 5-7 mins to get it to warm up. I did not know it should be driven.

I did try the driving to warm up method and found it was just so noisy. Whilst driving to warm up, I suspect it was either one or more of the valve lash adjusters was taking a long time to get going or the engine was pinging or a combination of both. It drove me nuts... The noise would continue for 10 mins of driving time and then slowly settle down. Once the car is hot is sounds relatively smooth.

Was it maybe the on board computer taking a long time to sort out the fuel mixture with prolonged pinging from the engine???

You mentioned yours gets to operating temperature quickly. How long does it take for the temp guage to get to the horizontal position?

I can only assume the thermostat and valve lash my be faulty?

We also have a Honda Euro and it is perfect. No excessive engine noise and heats up in a blink of an eye...

Driving gently it takes about 3-4 minutes to get quarter way, and is usually at the half way mark withing another minute or so. It gets there quicker under hard revs as I have done accidently sometimes (my street opens out at a busy road so sometimes I have to accelerate out hard otherwise I will be stuck waiting for traffic to free up.)

I would agree with marc2020 with respect to how long it takes. When I go to the gym (the coldest time I start it), by the time I get there, it is pretty much horizontal on the temperature gauge. That is after 4-5 minutes of driving averaging about 60km/h.

I noticed that too, when I start driving it gets warm fairly quickly. I usually wait until the revs drop from the 2000rpm to about 1K rpm before I drive it, that takes about 30 seconds.

this is wat i do too, but i wait like a little over 30 sec. But i still prefer start the car, leave it there, then starting to wear my sock and shoe, then i can see the temp rise above 'cold'..

well, that's why we have remote start rite? still consider to get one or not..

I noticed that too, when I start driving it gets warm fairly quickly. I usually wait until the revs drop from the 2000rpm to about 1K rpm before I drive it, that takes about 30 seconds.

this is wat i do too, but i wait like a little over 30 sec. But i still prefer start the car, leave it there, then starting to wear my sock and shoe, then i can see the temp rise above 'cold'..

well, that's why we have remote start rite? still consider to get one or not..

It doesnt work that way with people living in the apt, does it? :P

Well...5 mins going around 30-40k/h should do the warm up for me.

My last car I used to remote start it to let it warm up for at least 5 minutes before driving it. As well it would mean the heater was at the perfect temperature. With my Aurion, I figured that if Toyota states in their manual to drive it to bring it to operating temperature, then that would be the correct way to do it for this car.

I thought about the remote start for this car after having one in the past, but I figured that I didn't want to compromise the factory immobiliser. If I did go the remote start approch, I would also be building a keyless ignition. I've got plans drawn up for it, it's just the chipped key that I need to override. Can be done, but I'm not 100% on going through with it.

Does aurion make any noise when you start it in cold weather??

Another strange thing for me.

I normally start my car at 8~9 degree in the morning to go work and I just drive about 10secs after starting up but I never heard any noise from the engine.

It takes about 3-5 mins to warm up the temperature gauge tho.

Also, I've got pretty sharp ears to catch any noise coz I normally hear the air intake sound without mod on it but I never heard any such sounds from my aurion.

My car is running about 11,000KM.

Weird..........

that, would be cool

though annoying if you didn't want to start the engine

(like just wanted to get something from the car)

maybe a switch one the key to disabe the auto start

When you install a remote starter, you have the option of using it. On my last one, you held one button down for two seconds and it beeped; then if you pressed it for another two seconds (within five seconds) the car would start. Otherwise, you should just use the lock and unlock buttons as per a normal remote central locking system.

car was used before lunch

this evening it was 13 degrees according to trip computer

it took about 20 seconds for the engine to drop to 1200rpm

then I drove off

kept below 2500rpm

it took about 4 minutes for engine temp guage to reach horizontal 50%

but very quick to reach 25%