Angel Eyes

VF-X

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend bought to me from China with 373.3 $

Hmmmm. I think I better start looking. If they have these in white, I am so getting them if I end up with a black TRD. Combine this with tinted tail lights (which I conveniently have a spare set to play with at home now) and this would be wicked.

Yeah mate.

Keep us informed about what you find out.

Looks outstanding!

So not like yhe US units?

Not sure what side of the road they drive on in China,

prbably both.

VBG!

Otherwise any contacts for this guy in Sydney?

Thats where I am.

But love the look of the Chinese unit.

TTFN

:D

Found them

Blue LED Projectors

and another set Orange Led's (ala Audi's) and Halo. (The colour of the leds can be specified)

Orange LED Strip Projectors

but thats from a wholesaler site...so it's not for individuals to purchase. Min orders of 100 and 20 respectively.

my Angel Eyes:

gsop0gn08xkhk3p6ntf1.jpg

z7wrfa08d.jpg

8kjits0q2qq5ocq1.jpg

Hi kinda being critical here but how is the lighting from these lights? high beam and low beam? also make sure they are RHD for australian roads

Edited by chicken

Found them

Blue LED Projectors

and another set Orange Led's (ala Audi's) and Halo. (The colour of the leds can be specified)

Orange LED Strip Projectors

but thats from a wholesaler site...so it's not for individuals to purchase. Min orders of 100 and 20 respectively.

If you're lookin for em, Ingres has found a couple.

Vick, u can buy the whole light, these come with eyelids.. NICE.. hahaha Price is in RMB (China Reminbi)

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail....jhtml?cm_cat=0

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail....jhtml?cm_cat=0

Unfortunately, I can't read it since it's in chinese / something. The price if converted to AUD is approximately close to what Aser has said, excluding the shipping cost.

Hi kinda being critical here but how is the lighting from these lights? high beam and low beam? also make sure they are RHD for australian roads

RHD? They're symmetrical! How do you get RHD/LHD headlights?! :huh::blink:

prbably both.

If the way they drive in Tassie is any indication, you're spot on.

prbably both.

If the way they drive in Tassie is any indication, you're spot on.

They are Left Hand Drive vehicles.

The difference is that the cut off on the projectors is pointing to the the right, as opposed to pointing to the left for RHD vehicles.

ie. cut offs or the beams should be slightly directed to the kerbside.

Some vehicles, especially European vehicles have a switch to go from LHD to RHD bias in the headlights.

But the Chinese made vehicles are only for the LHD market only, so i wouldn't think there is such a switch for them. Unless someone has found one in the Aurion headlights.

It's all in the beam pattern. Here is a post I made early with respect to American LHD headlights:

I wouldn't be concerned about the fit. What you should be concerned about is the beam pattern. The American beam pattern is the reverse to that of Australian headlights. This means that for Australian cars, the headlight has a short cutoff to the right hand side of the car. This is to provide maximum visibility with minimal glare to oncoming traffic. For American cars, there is a short cutoff to the left side of the car for the same reason. If you put American headlights on an Aussie car, you will end up with the wrong beam pattern resulting in either excess glare to oncoming traffic, reduced visibility, or both.

Example of American beam pattern:

800px-Low_beam_light_pattern_for_right-hand_traffic.svg.png

• 1 year later...

Hard to decide without actually seeing them on a car.

Not a fan of the Audi-like LEDs either. Also, just as they are now, I'm not a fan of the overall design. Just doesn't seem to "mesh" together well

Yeah definitely hard to tell how good they will look without seeing em on a car :( Audi strip is pretty lame too, its just too 'straight'? What normally stands out to me with Audi lights are the curve they have. Just pure sexiness. But that's just my opinion :3

VF-X unfortunately those links to that chinese website no longer exist. I've tried manually searching through that website but wasn't able to find anything. Bugger all stuff for an Aurion.

Suprisingly, Google's chinese translater works quite well in trying to decipher that site.

$650? Really? That's an insane mark up.

VF-X unfortunately those links to that chinese website no longer exist. I've tried manually searching through that website but wasn't able to find anything. Bugger all stuff for an Aurion.

Suprisingly, Google's chinese translater works quite well in trying to decipher that site.

Yeah, no surprise to that. Been longer than a year now. :lol:

But honestly, I'd avoid chinese aftermarket headlights. Read tons of reviews of other cars who install those, night driving becomes a bit harder as the lights become a bit dim.

Ask a friend who can read and translate, all the sellers who sell those don't get much feedbacks. I did all these last year, who knows they might've improved.

the mars headlights are apparently not great quality... the guy who does all my auto lighting fitted a mars headlight into a ford focus and said they were a poor quality build...

only way is custom ;) ;)

• 2 months later...

Hi,everybody. Im looking for a angel eyes for my aurion. I can understand Chinese . But I'm not sure the headlight on those Chinese web side can be used in Australia . Is there anyone can give me more info? The aurion in china called camry. That's left hand drive. If anyone has problems with reading Chinese , I'm very happy to help you. Www. Taobao.com that's the largest online shopping web side in china. Like eBay . If you type 凯美瑞 天使眼 and click 搜索 you can get lots of results.

I've looked into sourcing this from taobao. So keen that I used google translator to translate the whole page.

However, got a friend and read some reviews who used chinese headlights, obviously not oem, quality and function aren't as good as oem.

If you're talking about fitting, yes they will fit I assume.

as DAvo- said, custom. If you're in Sydney, there's a shop in parramatta who does it. Autojoy.