Gas

Blackkluger

lpgas has said as it is the gas injection system, unlike the old systems, there is no power loss, just approx 15% more fuel use when using gas, i worked out i would recoup the upfront within 30k-37k depending on price at the bowser, which for me, i travel a fair bit, did 65k last year alone...

It will be less with the kluger but i would like to travel with less cost, and also an upside is long time between fills, today gas here was 50.5c a litre, i paid for 95 premium $1.44.5....thats a big difference!

Without the spare, if i go caravanning, i'll pop the spare in the caravan lol

I was quoted ~$4,500 for the Eurogas Vapour kit which is when I put my dep down months ago. I then heard about the Liquid Injection JTG system shortly after and changed my order to JTG Li and am happy to wait as I believe it is a much better system. I have not yet been given a price on the JTG.

My mate with a Kluger Grande paid $4,500 for the Eurogas vapor kit at the same installer and is very happy with his system.

Edited by Cookie

I was quoted $4600 and $4650. So slightly more and apparently 5% more power?

Was that quote for JTG Liquid Injection? If so that sounds like a good price. Can you confirm which system it is?

Li is said to give more power/torque than ULP ( a few more killerwasps) and ~ 5% -10% better fuel economy than the vapour injection.

• 2 weeks later...

The Liquid injection will be available "after christmas" was the answer, so i gather 1st quarter of next year. I cant wait, just 59c a litre over here, and i can use my fuel dockets too! What a bonus.

It would be interesting to do a dyno before and after conversion to see if it is really true, but i just dont get why they charge so much to service the gas system, one quoted more than the regular servicing would cost for the rest of the car! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Blackkluger I paid my deposit for lpg back in August at the same time as a mate of mine. He went ahead and had his Kluger converted to the vapour system back then but I heard of the JTG Liquid system and immediately changed my order to the Li system. My local installer went to Melbourne and did the training at ALPGW and said the Kluger was high on the list for conversion. Last I heard was they had no timeframe for the Kluger so I'm getting a bit frustrated after waiting so long.

Is it a definite for after Christmas? or 'maybe mid year if lucky' like my installer told me.

Anyone else who is interested in a conversion, please ph Australian LPG Warehouse (03 9770 2287) and they might realise just how many Klugers there are out there. There is no power loss with Li lpg only a power gain and better economy than the vapour lpg systems.

Lots of info here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.ph...p;highlight=lpg as Falcons &Territory were done first.

Edited by Cookie